It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops may stay in Afghanistan until 2024

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

US troops may stay in Afghanistan until 2024

www.telegraph.co.uk

America and Afghanistan are close to signing a strategic pact which would allow thousands of United States troops to remain in the country until at least 2024, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
War we can believe in... wasn't that Obama' slogan... I think it was.

The agreement would allow not only military trainers to stay to build up the Afghan army and police, but also American special forces soldiers and air power to remain.

“If the job is not done, then several thousand troops, even special forces, will not be able to do the job that 150,000 troops couldn’t do. It is not possible.”

Indeed.

Elect Ron Paul or stay in Afghanistan forever. Your choice America.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Obama didn't do anything! Ron Paul indeed.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I still remember when Obama was elected for president... Oh, the promises he made...

I'll close down Gitmo...

I'll pull out the troops...

yada yada...

He's gone totally backwards with what he said he'll do.

And we all got suckered into thinking he was the real deal... Never again.

Btw what's to say Ron paul won't keep his promises?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ron Paul can sort this out.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I heard they're staying in Iraq for longer too, they havent decided how long but they wont leave by end of 2011 thats for sure now...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue
I still remember when Obama was elected for president... Oh, the promises he made...

I'll close down Gitmo...

I'll pull out the troops...

yada yada...

He's gone totally backwards with what he said he'll do.

And we all got suckered into thinking he was the real deal... Never again.

Btw what's to say Ron paul won't keep his promises?

ron paul is a differnt kinda beast

ron paul is a complex machine

ron paul has same principals for 30 years and track record to prove it

none of the other candidates come as a gentlemen of his words like ron paul

a doc with delieving 4000+ babies you know he has huge empthy and knows how important it is to keep his word

ron paul ftw lol

if he does flip then i will never ever trust a man ever again lool

staying in afghan that much longer hm?

Well its no surprise im sure when that date comes around it will be pushed even more

edit on 19-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I guess this is the final nail in the coffin of Obama, considering the country is in horrible shape and they commit to a further 13 years of war for no reason.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I bet we never leave.We have a habit of keeping troops around in the countries we invade.
edit on 19-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Who wants to bet by 2024 we still won't have killed all the insurgents?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-8-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hopefully they will catch bin laden.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Obama is a Neocon. They were able to get one of theirs elected as a Liberal Democrat. In reality, Neocons are Fascists. If no one challenges Obama in the primaries, then Ron Paul is the only true peace candidate running.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Barack Obama, October 27, 2007:

I will promise you this: that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home, we will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank!

Take it to the bank Americans! But, the bank won't open until 2024

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I bet we never leave.We have a habit of keeping troops around in the countries we invade.
edit on 19-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

That's usually how the protocol goes. We never leave. I bet in 2024 the Afghan central govt. will still be as weak as it is now. They (Afghans) just aren't into having a real government. They would rather have all their little petty warlords and Clans. They shouldn't even be classified as a real country, sorta like Pluto, they are a "dwarf country". I hope the Afghans prove me wrong, I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yep , gotta keep Protecting those Poppy Fields ya Know ......The C.I.A. sure can't walk Away from that Lucrative Money Tree just yet ..........

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
have we left germany yet ?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the troops, their families, and any young poor soul that enlists into this country's military. They are all being used and taken for fools.

The military should be used for national defense. I agree with Ron Paul on this issue

Barack Obama is a lying piece of garbage.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Afghanistan is a British war for their corporate sponsored Drug Opium trade. (The King and Queen's empire)

Obama is a lying piece of garbage. But he's the man that the clowns in this great country seem to love and admire. The history of British drug trade through Afghanistan is really well known. The "B" word is left out of any news discussing American troop movements and troop escalation and things.

I doubt that this country will exist in the year 2024. If we are here we will be eating chicken bones two day old coyote and rotten scraps on the ground. Larouche says it all, we are heading towards a dark age. Our media is ridiculously retarded on the way they report the news. A dark age is a real thing, just like a Recession or a Depression, so why doesn't the news at least talk about this? Dark age means the population will be reduced by like 50 or 60 percent, and that is because civilization collapses. If we continue fighting these British wars for the Queen then our civilization will collapse. It's drugs that's Afghanistan. British imperialist policy has been largely drugs, opium in China and Southeast asia — also including Afghanistan. Iran is oil, so it's always some kind of commodity we are fighting for. And its none of us that gets it.
edit on 19-8-2011 by MarkScheppy because: because of typos

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

That's usually how the protocol goes. We never leave. I bet in 2024 the Afghan central govt. will still be as weak as it is now. They (Afghans) just aren't into having a real government. They would rather have all their little petty warlords and Clans. They shouldn't even be classified as a real country, sorta like Pluto, they are a "dwarf country". I hope the Afghans prove me wrong, I'm not holding my breath.

If they want to exist as separate tribes, that's their business. We have no business being on their land.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What happened too yuor promise obama, bring our troops back home* yuor nothing but george bush jr. in disguise you liar.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join