It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have all the Real Women Gone?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by awareness10
Women have been highly suppressed for well Ever.. and to think
that Women couldn't even vote until the 19th C. and weren't
considered human beings/persons until that time. Now, who
made those laws, and who decided that women were subhuman?
Men did. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.
they were'nt considered humans? then what were they considered,racoons? so now women have something to prove, that they can be men to www.flickr.com... as compared to this www.recollections.biz...
pictured in these two links ^^^ is whats going on, whats happening to the real women these days

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Great reply. Woman rule. Sure they are pain in the ass but so are we. If the ladies that Kro is dating are only after cash then just go to another pool.

...if that ol crow is dating, ooooh, i pity him when his wife finds out...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
to the 80% of men out there now,that are with a woman thats telling you she loves you and doing "anything" you ask her to do and are not married,watch as "her true colors" come shining through,if you do get married...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchanneller
reply to post by DragonriderGal

So help me out please.

I have a 13 year old heading in to the dating time and I am worried because he is reclusive, smart and always on line. He is a good boy and I worry.

What do you recommend to me as a parent? My daughter was stalked on line once and it was her fault... do not get me wrong. But we are her parents so we felt at fault as well. It is all good now and that was back in the day.

But I do need help with this and I am so happy to hear there are options.

Thanks for your loving response by the way.

Sorry, angelchanneller! I just noticed your response!

Well, it would be kind of abnormal if you didn't worry about your teenager. I think it's part and parcel of having one. Although you can monitor his activity on line and at his age, it still is appropriate to do, I think, there comes a time when you have to just let him go and trust that he will make good choices, based on the value systems you imparted to him. Be sure to educate him of the dangers, but I'm pretty sure he's a lot more aware of them after what his sister went thru.

Sadly one of the things teenagers do though is rebel, because it is part of how they define who they are, and one of the easiest ways to do that is to not be like your parents, which can get parents all freaked out! But it does seem true that the apple never falls too far from the tree, and underneath a rebellious phase there is still the child who's values are pretty much still aligned with yours, since it sounds like you've been proactive and involved in your teen's life in a positive way. I did think it was kind of funny and pretty much true (based on that idea that a teen rebels by being the opposite of the parents) when I heard someone say that in order to have sane kids, the parents have to be a little crazy.

I don't have kids though so can only speak from a counseling perspective. And, although you have every right to want to protect him and guide him towards what you see is best for him, ultimately it is his life's journey, and he'll have to make his own choices. But he will learn, no matter what choices he makes, eh?
edit on 22-8-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

to the 80% of men out there now,that are with a woman thats telling you she loves you and doing "anything" you ask her to do and are not married,watch as "her true colors" come shining through,if you do get married...

And out there is 80% of the women now to whom some man is promising he loves her and will marry her if she will just hop in the sack with him. Luckily though, I guess, a woman will see his 'true colors' much more quickly.

And often marriage clicks people into a behavioral pattern, a role, if you will; people saw how their family 'did' marriage and tend to follow that script. And it isn't just women who will shift into this mode; men do it to. And the problem is, in this day and age, those scripts don't work so well anymore. Economically, most households can't make it on one income which throws the woman into the work world too. That isn't part of the more traditional scripts. But often people still expect the scripts to work and it totally sets up both women AND men to feel as though the other has failed to do their part of the 'marriage' aka do their part of the script.

Nobody is a victim in this, and everyone is. Or at least they think they are. If you want to believe that women all along are just involved with you to suck the money out of you, versus seeing how you've contributed to the problem and possibly drove her to that state as a last resort, you're welcome to. But no adult is ever truly a 'victim' (and this does go for women as well as men), and living in that victim mindset will ensure that you only see what reinforces what you already believe. *shrug* You simply won't see the relationships that don't fit with what you know to be 'true'. Denial is a wonderful thing, and really not just a river in Egypt.

And really are men so gullible and easily fooled that they can't tell?? On that level, is that really the woman's fault if he's too emotionally immature to be able to make good relationship decisions??? But as I said, chances are at the beginning that wasn't what she was about at all (which is why he wasn't 'fooled' because she was sincere)... but both of their disappointment at the script failing may push both of them into behaving in ways they had no intention of behaving like at the beginning of it all.

But it has to be black and white for you, doesn't it? It can't be a system problem manifesting in failed relationships. It has to be that women are evil and men are poor helpless dolts who get taken advantage of. *shakes head* Sorry you live in such a small dark little world.

edit on 22-8-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloculaif a guy takes a girl to court he has to "prove" his case completely and will hardly ever be believed...if a girl takes a guy to court she and her complaint are "welcomed with open arms" and he has to "prove" he didnt do it, because the courts smell $$$ when a girl drags a guy into court and the "system" is geared well in favor of the girl and all it takes for the guy to fall into this trap is believing in the illusion of modern marriage,with or without a child...deltabravo.net...
edit on 22-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Well, sadly men often lie in court to try to get out of taking care of the child they've fathered. But the court handing the woman everything sure isn't the case from what I've seen. Usually the men can afford a better attorney and in a number of female friends cases, the guy walked away pretty darn easy. My sis, for example had 3 kids by her ex, and had to beg for every cent she got from him. The court did her NO favors at all. So don't even assume that the courts are all on the woman's side, although rightfully, if there are kids involved, and the dad won't pay sufficient money for a reasonable life for them, the court should make sure he does, poor abused can't keep his thing in his pants fellow. And of course, if I wanted to go find some sensationalist website, I'm sure I could find one to support my side too.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You are going to know people you think are exceptional. They will become your definition of a woman, or your definition of a man. Others won't compare. It is the same in all times with both men and women (and everything else, really).
edit on 22-8-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
why do psycho killers in prison get flooded with proposals of marriage?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Mareen O'Hara!!! Class act all the way with John Wayne movies. She was a Hell of a actress before him.
You can not teach it to any of these new actors/actresses. It is something you grew up with and how you treat people. I fight with my soon to be 9 yr old on basic graces. Thank you, Clean up after yourself,responsibility for actions.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

...cuz you're not the only one with a bizarre understanding of relationships?...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

...cuz you're not the only one with a bizarre understanding of relationships?...
some women try to hook up with psychos in jail and the rich and famous because they want to get into their limelight,not because they really like them and i'll give everyone just one guess... whats the first thing that the woman will use to try to reel the guy in? articles.sfgate.com... jezebel.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

...having a serious conversation with you about healthy relationships seems to be an impossible due to your very negative concepts... i suspect that your refusal to take responsibility for your bad choices will guarantee that you will never have a healthy relationship and thats very sad - think you're missing out on the best of life - but - its your call to live that way...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

some women try to hook up with psychos in jail and the rich and famous because they want to get into their limelight,not because they really like them and i'll give everyone just one guess... whats the first thing that the woman will use to try to reel the guy in? articles.sfgate.com... jezebel.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

some women try to hook up with psychos in jail and the rich and famous because they want to get into their limelight,not because they really like them and i'll give everyone just one guess... whats the first thing that the woman will use to try to reel the guy in? articles.sfgate.com...

*sigh* So basically you are jealous that women can manipulate men so easily with sex? You wish you could have that kind of 'power' over women, or what??

It is what testosterone drives men to do... be stupid about sex.
Estrogen drives women to be stupid about getting security for their unborn or born children.

It isn't logical, it isn't reasonable, it isn't even fair. It just is. Some men are strong enough to not be at the whim of Mr. Freddie in their pants, but the way we are all socialized today, too many men (and women) don't realize that they should rise above that level of emotional subsistence and be adults.

Many men are brainwashed into thinking they should be happy to get sex as often and from as many women as possible. And there are probably just as many women who are equally brainwashed into thinking men are pigs and won't honor their obligation to take care of a child and consequently feel that taking all their money is just what they deserve.

And it is all just living at the hormonal level. No reason, no rhyme, just hormone driven behavior.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Why would you even want to have a relationship with a woman who does these things? For every bimbo out there, I'll show you 5 Gimbo's and 10 perfectly normal human beings -- of both sexes -- capable of maintaining a grown of relationship.

You seem like a guy who has been burned by a hood rat or two. Let me clue you in. The problem is your taste in women. Not women themselves.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
And the real women are the ones who know how to manipulate that hormonal process to their advantage. The simple fact that the Op is asking this question means he has no clue about women. He would be putty in my hand in a matter of minutes.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I hate it when I stare at a woman's cleavage for mere seconds and she gets mad
what the hell???

Ya i'm sure you wore that revealing top so I could stare at your shoes

You don't want stares then don't flash it around
not rocket science

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
As time goes by men and women become more alike.

The "old days" are old and almost gone

Men are becoming or have become more consumed by fashion, pop culture and personal care/beauty
Women are becoming or have become more career driven and self sufficient

Men are becoming less masculine
Women are becoming less feminine

There are always exceptions
you can still find "old school" versions of each, but less and less every day.

The world in general has become so focussed on material things.
Respect has declined
Quick bucks
Take advantage
Entitlement
It is now all about numero uno. I, me, mine, one!

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

Men are becoming or have become more consumed by fashion, pop culture and personal care/beauty

Respect has declined
Quick bucks
Take advantage
Entitlement

this is true michaelinmi.wordpress.com... www.wordofsouth.com... and really sad

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PowerSlave

Respect has declined
Quick bucks
Take advantage
Entitlement

this is true michaelinmi.wordpress.com... www.wordofsouth.com... and really sad
and this is how it really started happening >>> www.jesus-is-savior.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join