It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Have all the Real Women Gone?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
real women and real love died when women stopped wearing dresses and started acting like men

Damn straight. These days if you have a night out on the town you inevitably witness a few fights but more often than not it is now usually woman that are punching on, glassing each other, spitting, screaming obcenities and generally acting all hard and tough. If it wasn't so pathetic it would be a good laugh.

If you watch the boxing or UFC the audience is now 50/50 with the woman chearing the loudest when someone gets knocked unconcious.

They really are a lost, mixed up lot these days. What is it that they are actually trying to prove these days?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

The Spiritual Paradigm - The feminine represents the subconscious, it also represent the right brain. This is where spiritual insights and all occult power springs from. The feminine has been suppressed on this planet because of it's magnificent power! The ability to manifest and alter reality on a quantum level is natural for an awakened women, yet powerful men have also harnessed such techniques. Seeing beyond this reality requires invoking and embracing the feminine nature of things. Intuition is more than you thought it was... The Sword of Truth had to be returned to the Lady of the Lake.

Hear Hear! I am with you on this, 100% with you. Women are our Mothers, Sisters, Daughters, and Grandmothers. Women are the Lifegivers here, not the men. Power was taken from women by force by the "Holy" Roman Church, who then set about to even make the Goddess, worshipped for some 45,000 years, into three men gods, and then told us that these men gods somehow created everything, even women, when the plain fact is, there is not a man on Earth that fully understands the mind of a women! I know this, having been married to a woman for more than half my rather long life.

Women of Earth, it is time to take back your power, and stop giving it to an all male Godhead, when down deep inside you know there is a Divine Feminine. Embrace it, and make it yours.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle

real women and real love died when women stopped wearing dresses and started acting like men

Damn straight. These days if you have a night out on the town you inevitably witness a few fights but more often than not it is now usually woman that are punching on, glassing each other, spitting, screaming obcenities and generally acting all hard and tough. If it wasn't so pathetic it would be a good laugh.

If you watch the boxing or UFC the audience is now 50/50 with the woman chearing the loudest when someone gets knocked unconcious.

They really are a lost, mixed up lot these days. What is it that they are actually trying to prove these days?
michaelinmi.wordpress.com... THIS IS WHATS GOING ON... NO MORE TOY GUNS AND PLAYING IN THE DIRT FOR BOYS...NO MORE DOLLS AND DRESSES FOR GIRLS...ITS REALLY SAD
edit on 20-8-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

nothing more sexy in a woman than a big brain.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

So I guess there are only false women left? As the real ones are gone? What is a real woman?
And what is a man, and a false man?

Are we all false in that sense, because there is no longer any real ones left?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
very smart....woman always fall for reverse physiology, i know i am guilty of it!....great way to meet woman, i can see quite a few fell for it muhahaha perfect post to get them to reply back....hook line and sinker~ you are genius i give u that!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What constitutes a 'real woman'? I think it's fair to say that the standards are rather lucid depending on the times.

As for me, I find it difficult at times to hold on to the core part of myself in this crazy world that would have me believe that no matter what I look like, how much I weigh, how big or small my boobs are, how straight my teeth are, or what color or length my hair is, I will never ever measure up. And why will I never measure up? Because there are billions of dollars to be made off of women who think they need to be perfect, perfect as in look like the celebrities who by the way can't even live up to their own photoshopped versions of themselves.
It is on the surface though, difficult to assign where these feelings of self loathing come from when you are in the moment surrounded by supposed perfection. When everyone around is scrambling to look like a better carbon copy of their neighbor.

Lets see, I shave my legs, armpits, and whatever else I can reach, I enjoy looking pretty and applying makeup (part of the artist in me) but I have no problem going without either. I enjoy dressing sexy on a night out, and turning the occasional head (I know I will one day be old and wrinkly so I can't deny that I enjoy small attentions when they're passed my way) I sometimes obsess over my weight although I do try to catch myself and refrain. I LOVE sex and am not afraid or insecure about anything to do with sex.

Do I fall into the traps of low self esteem and insecurities? Yes of course. I'd have to walk around with my eyes shut (especially because I live in Vegas currently) to not fall under some sort of influence of feeling not sexy enough, or not thin enough, or not whatever enough...

However, I do try to always hold on to the things that are most important to me, as a woman.

Compassion
Understanding
Tolerance
Patience
Kindness
Charm
Intelligence
Wit
Humor
Sensual
Creativity (this is a HUGE one for me, I feel most at one with myself when I am creating, when I am overcoming the insecurities and ego enough to not care what anybody thinks or says about whatever it is I am creating, it is a personal thing for me, whether it be singing, writing, working with my hands, etc.)
Giving

There are more, but I do try to be the best mother and wife I can. I do not work right now, I have a ten month old beautiful baby boy who I absolutely adore. A husband who I love dearly. Has the road been easy so far? No definitely not. But I resolve to face the challenges head on, learning more about myself than I could have ever hoped.

I think I find it most difficult to be myself, always. To not cave under the pressure of others. To not hide my true nature. It is easy when you are in are in a relationship, especially for one who likes to please, to not sometimes try to be somebody else just to make the other person happy. I have found that if you stick to who you really are even if you doubt yourself, respect and love come easier from the other person.

Well I didn't mean to write a novel, just share some insights from my experience and my heart.

And whoever said that a lady isn't classy if she curses...I don't think you'd like me very much. Although, I do try not to do it excessively.

edit on 20-8-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I've never met a woman who thought Lady Gaga was a good role-model. Teenagers are another thing entirely...but the entire premise of the teenager is that these people are mostly not fit for civilized society (there are exceptions to this of course).

That being said, I've not real desire to be a "real woman" because people who pose this question almost invariably want idealistic housewife from the 1950s with no dreams other than to be her husband's maid and raise children.

I want to be a real woman like my grandmas and great-grandmas. They had children out of wedlock, they smoked, they drank, they worked in textile mills; they were tough as nails and raised children even when their deadbeat husbands abandoned them.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Real women haven't changed, the world has.

There are women that go with the flow, and others that chose their own path. We are not Rebels. We are Individuals, and should not be all held to one mold.

Blame society if you want, but times have changed. People change, and Life goes on. I am just happy that in this as well as in most of this world, women can choose to be Themselves.

By the way, my role models are Princess Diana, Mother Theresa, and of course, Claudia off Warehouse 13

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

edit on 20-8-2011 by newcovenant because: unfair to women

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Great post, well written and you sound like a fantastic woman. If I was straight, I would be asking for your number, you are absolutely gorgeous inside and out.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

I want to say Here! Here! to your post. Often times people assume if a woman enjoys being female and being alluring, she is automatically considered loose, or a trollop, or not bright. I, like you, have ample accoutrements and a well educated, thinking brain. One absolutely does not negate the other.

And for all you gents out there, contrary to popular belief, the greatest sex organ is your mind. Your performance is completion of the act started elsewhere.

Where have all the real women gone? Why, right here, of course.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

If I could give you an applause I would. Your post is very well stated and OH so true.

Every single person is different from the next. When you box them into categories and exclude some because they don't fit into your ideal, you are casting aside whole mini universes of pleasures and contradictions, puzzles and answers.

If you truly want to experience life, savor all the flavors, bitter and sweet. Take the time to appreciate the vast panorama of life before you, male and female (I am not talking sex, I am talking experience). Expanding your knowledge expands your horizons. My two cents. BT

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There are plenty of us out there. And yes, even though there is Lady Gaga, and Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears... those aren't females that women idolize. Only young girls Most of us don't even care. And yet, those young girls will grow out of that phase, and grow into "real" women too. It's all environmental, and definitely male driven too. What men find attractive, women generally try to emulate. (Not saying Gaga is attractive... at all)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Replikant

Replikant, in the good old days, women were chattel. They were not usually well educated. They were not allowed to make decisions in their own lives, much less the lives of others. They were placed into a "proper" marriage as deemed by their guardians, any property they "owned" was overseen by their husbands, fathers and brothers.

The reason they were properly spoken, was because it was drilled into them to always respect the man in charge of their life, and that nothing they had to say was as important as what any man had to say before them. They were told to be silent in home matters, silent in the churches and silent about their situations.

This was not always the case, but most often so.

When women finally broke free of the fetters, they did what most prisoners do upon escape, they stretched their arms, their legs and their voices. They embraced many of the actions and mannerisms that men had used for centuries, to declare they were free and just as important as the men.

I always tell people to imagine themselves in the place of the party they are "judging". I think I can safely say, you would never have been comfortable living the life of an "old times" women of any status. Correct me if I am wrong. BT

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ImplodeThisExistence

Still with you and interested in reading more.

As with most things, there is much more beyond the tip of the iceberg on this subject. I will follow your link. BT

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I consider myself lucky enough to have found a "real woman" to marry me. I have high, yet simple standards. My wife is considerate, compassionate, loyal, my best friend and a wonderful mother to our newborn daughter. She does love trashy reality shows though, haha. Ironically, all the shows she loves to watch are shows that portray trash-bag women.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Dude, don’t use my name like that lol

Anyway have you seen keira Knightly, she always reminds me of one of those stars from the 40’s and sorry but I love watching the likes of Nicole Scherzinger showing us her stuff on MTV. We men have never had it so good, just shut up and enjoy ride.

Nuf said.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

It inst an insult to want women to be respectable, beautiful, and nurturing people. This is the essence of the female persona in my opinion I guess. Even though they can still be empowered as they want to be without losing the other qualities that are so tied into being womanly.

snowen20 I couldn't agree with you more on this quote. Unfortunately, our societies push women into an either/or scenario. Either you are a loving nurturing stay at home mother, or you are a hard-nosed, money-grabbing work-a-holic hussy. The truth is so much more. A smart, intelligent, sensual woman has the ability to be a respectiable, beautiful and nurturing woman just as well as a modest, shy, unadorned woman does. Our Nature is to nurture our children and those we love, to cherish them and protect them. The rest should be the healthy development of our individual personalities instead of cookie cutter personas. BT

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

How sad I find it that you make that statement. It shows just how many factions of our society are crippled by their attitude concerning a person's appearance. Surely, in your evaluations, you take into consideration the person's actions of love, charity and service, their commitment to family and community into account. Surely, You are not in love with a fashion style and occupation choice.

Nothing in life is as cut and dried as that. In our modern society, clothing runs the gamut from one extreme to the other. And these days, the same could be said of men, they have started acting in some ways like women. If this works for them, their friends and family, how does your statement hold true? I mean no disrespect. I am sure you have a reason for your opinion. I just do not understand it. BT

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join