It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the ATS Lensing Foci Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i am looking for pictures and information relating to an ongoing thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
where we have collected expected observations of heliospheres, galaxies and galaxcy clusters that show a focusing of light to a point.

at this stage we are looking for pictures like this one,

to show focal heating and interaction

or pictures like this,

to show what a foci or focus point would look like,

or like this

to show what helio lensing would look like

the common attributes for the pictures would be
i am going to compile a list of observable conditions which should be found if gravitational lensing foci is present
1. a hot focus point along the axis of rotation of the parent galaxy
2.the foci would not gravitationally interact with source galaxy
3. signature in the sub mm and infrared wavelengths
4. radio emitions from the superheating of gases
5. ultra high redshift of foci
6. the helio lenses act to concentrate light within the galaxy and focus the light exterior to the galaxy
7. the "appence" of the galaxy would be "bright" or AGN (active galaxy nucleus) and a source of light must be present
8. the smaller helio bubbles should show gravitational microscoping increasing the size and brightness of the stars within them
9. galaxies with the center reigion "missing" are suspect of gravitational microscoping at the galaxy scale
10. jets from galaxies may follow the "light" along the axis of rotation
11. the foci may "draw" gasses to be consumed and the signature of the gasaes being consumed may show "what" the gases are

12.stars sizes and brightness can be increased by gravitational microscoping

Interestingly enough, though, the majority of class M stars are red dwarfs. So, this immediately puts a single question in my mind: could Mirach be a red dwarf gravitationally microscoped to look like a red giant?
from thread linked in op

from CLPrime

13. there should be two distinct effects 1 gravitationally induced foci and a seperate caustic
14. difuse emitions of reflected non focused light could give the "milky" apperence to galaxies
15. temperatures in the high KeV reigion found without gravitational interaction with host galaxy would provide a sample to study

if any member finds pictures that show any of these features could they please post them to the thread with links to source for ease of compilation.

with help we may be able to compile a list of objects that are really hot focal points in space

xploder

edit on 19-8-2011 by XPLodER because: quotes

edit on 19-8-2011 by XPLodER because: add picture

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
ok so the first image i have found is of ultra luminous galaxies and i think because the galaxies are within focal range of each other, they are "lensing" the light from each other,

source

November 22, 1999: Wrecks between two galaxies were a common occurrence in the early cosmos. But pileups among several galaxies? Astronomers conducting a three-year survey of ultra-luminous infrared galaxies (ULIRGs) have discovered more than 24 of them involved in three-, four-, or even five-galaxy smashups. Astronomers have made this discovery by analyzing Hubble telescope pictures of these pileups, including the nine presented here. These results offer a snapshot of what conditions were like in the early universe, when galaxy collisions were

link to source

i would asume that if whole galaxies were with range of each others focal points they would be ultra luminous
xploder

clusters of galaxies are proberly the easyest to locate but i think individual galaxies may also have a focus point,

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

But something may be amiss with these LRGs. Shawn Thomas and his colleagues have found structures in the Universe stretching over three billion light years, containing an overabundance of LRGs from what our theory predicts! In other words, from looking at these LRGs, the Universe, on these very large scales, is less smooth than we expect! Previous studies -- for instance, with the Sloan Digital Sky Survey -- had seen observations in line with predictions, but there are a number of interesting possibilities for what these structures mean.

source

clusters of galaxies are proberly the easyest to locate but i think individual galaxies may also have a focus point,
xp

new topics

join