It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the biggest hoax ever

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If you examine the posts above, love and compassion for your future is what we express. As you examine your words, notice the negativity coming from your voice. We are all judged by truth. Words spoken in truth can judge the spirit of the person reading depending on the subject and object relationship. When words are spoken from a platform of self preservation and fear, words then express a platform of self. Read the last few posts carefully and notice the tone of subject object relationship. The object is the person being spoken to and the person speaking. The subject is the narrative truth that is expressed. Judge each by the standard of truth and the counterfeit mindset is revealed.

If you give in to self-pride, fear, prejudice, or any other negative thought form, you will quickly see the remedy manifest from both sides. Good can only come from one side. None of us can live to the standard of truth arising from infinity. You and I are not so much different in this. How we express truth into our object is the key to defining the fruit that will follow. Weeds bring weeds. We reap what we sow into our lives. By approaching the truth of God in humility, He is able to work a miracle within our sentience that we are unable to attain from our ignorance of infinity. We are not humans having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience as education. The aim is learning love and denying selfishness arising from pride. See things as they are and you will awake form the drunkenness of the world. If not, you are locked in fear and passion against others. God is one of the others. He sees you as equal to others. Only you can divide yourself form the fold.

Originally posted by fooks
yes, and you don't have to believe in god etc, to be an idiot or a mass murderer or start wars.

don't need god to live like you are the only one on this planet that doesn't sin, coz sin is a religious thang.

don't need god to go to war for something/someone or even be good towards your fellow man.

don't need god to get get sick or drop dead.

don't need god for anything.

some people like god.

i like god.

religion is real, not a hoax.

some people think they themselves are little supreme beings and some think they are an accident of a random combo of atoms and some think they are a product of an intervention from higher intelligence.

as to the question of religion being a controlling force, DUH!

it helps a lot of people. it also gets twisted and hurts people by PEOPLE, not god etc.

whether there is a real heaven and hell? no one has come back to say for sure.

edit on 19-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There may be someone reading this post who is circling the drain. Someone who is bound in darkness and despair and cannot get free. Someone who wishes to be free. You can be free. Open your heart to Jesus and confess your sins. Tell him you cannot make it through this world alone, do not be afraid to admit you are not strong enough go on alone, there is no shame in being weak. Cry out to the Lord and ask him to save your soul. God sent Jesus to die on the cross for your sins, he took your place on the cross that was meant for you and he died for you so that you could be redeemed and have your link with God restored and then rose from the dead on the third day.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Everyone dies. I will die, you will all die. Does it hurt anyone to believe there is a God waiting for them when they die? No it does not because no matter what you believe, if you believe in anything at all. You are going to die. So what does it hurt to believe in God? You lose nothing and in the end you may gain something, you may gain an afterlife. Wether you believe in God or not you are going to die thats a simple fact. I ask you, what does it hurt you to believe in God? Are you that afraid to have hope? What does it hurt to believe in God when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain?

Nothing to lose? I can think of some things we would lose; violent wars, prejudice, entitlement, and ignorance. I say we should start taxing the churches. You would quickly see faith change if that happened.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Throughout our recorded history, religion has always adapted their beliefs due to science. It doesn't work in reverse, and it's as simple as that.

Since the Holy Spirit is consciousness, denying consciousness preexisted man becomes blasphemy against the Holy Spirit of God. All sins will be forgiven when we have faith in the preexistence of the Holy Spirit of God. This is faith in action. Apart from belief in God, we lack the faith that preserves our essence. Faith leads to hope that this preexisting consciousness is sufficient to transcend the body that it is trapped in. This hope of transcending the body is merely an honest examination of what is actually said in Genesis by the programmer of reality. If God created the universe, then He is the programmer of this artificial reality to Him. He must have given us the perspective necessary to understand or He is not a good God. Let's see if He is a good God.

Gen 1:27

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

My words here on ATS are created by me in the image of me. They are also created in the image of ATS because this is the context where they appear. An acorn is the essence of a 75 foot oak tree. When the essence unfolds from the DNA in the acorn, an oak tree appears. The oak tree is the essence of the acorn. My image as a man is the form my essence takes. This essence is information. As we all know, information can be managed, saved and lost. We light the fire we burn by. We also create the transport of our own essence to the next vehicle. These thoughts possess the ability to program our own sentience. God has a hand in this, but it is entirely up to us to follow the structure of the code as presented by the programmer.

LINK

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

1 Colossians 1:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Hebrews 11

1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Nothing to lose? I can think of some things we would lose; violent wars, prejudice, entitlement, and ignorance. I say we should start taxing the churches. You would quickly see faith change if that happened.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

Again. You are confusing pride and its fruit with religion. True religion is assisting others. God honors, protects, defends and loves those who love Him and seek the same. Satan steals, kills and destroys. The distinction is clearly outlined in one book and one book only. Buddha was enlightened to this truth. There is no doubt. He called this the way. Eastern philosophy reflects truth, but only Jesus can claim that He IS the way, the truth and the life. Philosophy contains much truth. Eastern thought can provide a way to navigate through the world. Only Jesus provides the transcendent life out of the material world.

We must judge men by the content of their characters and not the prejudice of our own. Good is what it is and is expressed by those individuals who are humble before the welfare of others. Evil is expressed by those individuals who value themselves above others. Where do we get this distinction from in written form? Genesis 1 to the Revelation of John. The entire story of man gaining assertion from a fallen state of pride is outlined in one book and one book only. This book dares to describe all of physics and dares to make claims that cannot be redefined or refuted.

The truth contained in the Bible is held by the keys of life and death. Jesus holds these keys and is the Word that created it all. Like it or not, the keys are only used for those who cling to justice, righteous, faith, hope and love. This is truth. When all is gone, only the love we express in truth can be saved and transported to the next life lived.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Well I know you like to be dark, but being dark can sometimes be insulting to humanity. Do you think that I am not aware of the thoughts that a man or woman of darkness has?

They are all a petty and a pity.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I disagree a bit. Maybe religion is not a hoax, but the way it has been interpreted down the ages is.....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The whole thing about good vs evil is a myth. There is no evil, there are people that are not taught to do things a certain way but that stems from ignorance, not evil.

Take animal abusers, they think that animals are beneath us and are put here for our amusement, they have never been taught or informed that they are our equals. Does that mean that someone that abuses animals is evil? No. It means they do not understand that an animals feels pain like us, and were probably raised that way, hence the parents fault, not satan's.

Same thing with racism with the older generations, they are not evil, they were just raised in a different way then the newer generations were. They were raised when there was segregation between blacks and whites, that was normal to them, to us it is a different story. But, again, those people that hated darker skinned people did so out of ignorance, not evil.

All religions are bad, they teach their people that they are close to the TRUE god, and that everyone else is worshipping a false idol, and well, the other wacko's take offense to that.
They continue to proclaim 'We Are Right', or WAR for short.

Until people realize that we are living in a made up world presented and skewed by religion, we are truly doomed as we are the only ones that are holding the blindfolds over our eyes as we walk towards a cliff.

I do not care which god is supposedly the RIGHT one, I do not need a god to tell me to be nice to people, I do not need to be threatened to act right, I want to be nice, not for a reward but because if everyone was nice, that's all, just nice to one another, we would know peace. Religion teaches people to judge others, which is the good old tactic, divide and conquer.

And thanks to all the blindly following religious people who support the molestation and abuse of young children, I'm sure your god would love that, as it seems these people who are 'close' to god do not fear his wrath, so why should anyone else?

Pred...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Why is it that whenever religious people are presented logic that doesn't jive with their beliefs, they respond with scripture like it's actual proven fact.

I don't need to confess my sins, or open my heart for Jesus, Allah or whatever. If a creator exists and it is aware of me, than it knows I am a good person. I'm a law abiding citizen who helps people when he can and doesn't walk over others to get ahead in life. I try to be a good husband and father and do whatever i can to bring happiness to those I know. I don't need some book of stories to tell me what is right and what is wrong. I just know.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I do not care which god is supposedly the RIGHT one, I do not need a god to tell me to be nice to people, I do not need to be threatened to act right, I want to be nice, not for a reward but because if everyone was nice, that's all, just nice to one another, we would know peace. Religion teaches people to judge others, which is the good old tactic, divide and conquer.

You are spot on, Predator.

Thanx for the great post.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Gotta love some good old-fashioned common sense. Starred.

Originally posted by TupacShakur

I completely agree that religion is just a bunch of stories, but I disagree on your reason why it exists:

Believers just don't understand exactly what religion is. It's a tool. A tool used by the Elite to control the masses. To control what a person believes spiritually, is to control them body and soul.

I don't think so. I think it's more of people's way of copping out of science and having a simple way of understanding the universe and life. I also think people use religion to cope with their fear of death because they want to believe that when their brain shuts off they don't die, they live on in a cloud-land of happiness.

Why can't it be both? While what you say is certainly true, it's clear that it is used as a tool - quite an effective one, I may add.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I'm sorry predator, although I agree with many of your points, you're completely wrong about evil. Yes, some evil does present itself through ignorance, however, there is evil that knows EXACTLY what it does. Believe it or not, there are people out there who do horrible things, and they also know how much it hurts.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Enlightenme1111

But I ask you this, how do you possibly know what another is thinking? How do you know they do not feel remorse?

Again as I said before, I think it is society and the way the children were raised, they are taught not to have compassion. But, the lack of compassion is not evil.

No child is born Bad, that is trained and learned behavior.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

But I ask you this, how do you possibly know what another is thinking? How do you know they do not feel remorse?

Again as I said before, I think it is society and the way the children were raised, they are taught not to have compassion. But, the lack of compassion is not evil.

No child is born Bad, that is trained and learned behavior.

In some aspects, this is true. Our brains are like computers. The output resembles the input. If you are programmed to do evil, you will do it, and feel no compassion. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about the people who are taught morals, who know good from evil, and make a conscious decision to do evil. These people perform evil, and lack compassion, as a choice.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Enlightenme1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Generally there is something else that is involved. If someone chooses money over another person, or another persons well being, that is greed, not evil. We again have been programmed to idolize money in our soceity, this is what the majority of the population strives for, good ol' money. People think of money as freedom and happiness, they are striving to make their lives more positive.

Same thing with soldiers and whatever else, they do it because they think these are our enemies, that these people would hurt us if given the chance. They are given orders by someone who wants to make a paycheck, they do what they need to get it.

Corruption is a monetary word, these people have just been taught to only think about themselves, they have never been taught compassion, as sad as that is.

Do not feel angry at these people, feel empathy for them.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Then we can agree that the system needs to change. I think we can also agree that we are not judges of mankind. If we could blame our actions on something else, there would not be a justice system, and all prisoners should be set free. Therefor, we have to draw a line. I enjoy debating with you, and only through debate can we find the truth, and the path.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I agree that we are not the judges, and think that there should be no such thing as prisons. Laws are the wrong way to approach any situation. All they are is the government doing what parents should be. The fact that laws exist is a sign that our civilization is not working along the path it is going.

Anyone that is in jail should be assessed as to what their underlying issue is. Generally from a poor area where their motto's are kill or be killed, or on some bunk drug charges. Again, a byproduct of society.

Those few killers that actually meticulously plan their killings are usually doing it for a reason, ie revenge, monetary gain or some sort of benefit like infamy.

We live in a strange world when you sit back and look at our culture, I do not think god or satan has created anything that is happening or happened, we have. And we should stop blaming a higher power for it and take responsibility, for that is the only way to truly change.

Pred...
edit on 20-8-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Love it, Im off to get my tamborine

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Religion is a crutch for the weak and corrupt.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Well just like a religious person attack someone that dont belive what you do. Let's talk about the money that the leaders of religion take in. You ever seen a broke precher NO. And what about war's read your bible and or the history books. Most all war's are from religion. You belive what you want to and I wont attack you I will belive what I want to and you dont attack me. Have a Nice Day

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join