It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion, the biggest hoax ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I know that there are many similar threads pertaining to this title but this is my own personal take on it.

Jesus, Allah, and the God of Abraham are no more real than Zeus, Horus, Jupiter or Mickey Mouse. Those of you who are believers, are all brainwashed. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but it is most certainly true. Most of you religious types, have been raised from birth to adhere to the beliefs of your parents, way before you have the intellectual maturity to discern whether what you're being told is true or not.

Believers just don't understand exactly what religion is. It's a tool. A tool used by the Elite to control the masses. To control what a person believes spiritually, is to control them body and soul.

There is not a shred of evidence that can prove whatsoever, that any religion is true. Why? Because they are all just lies. They are just stories,and nothing more. There might be some true historical accounts written within religious scripture but even this fact is proof of nothing. If I wrote a book and said that I saw the twin towers fall and in that same book say that my buddy Bob is the direct descendant of the almighty creator and he commanded the earth to swallow the giant towers because the people of that city angered "God". The fact that the World Trade center was destroyed doesn't prove that "Bob" is who I say he is. Are you following me? The Bible and all the books like it, are proof of nothing. It doesn't matter what any of them say because it is all just words put to paper by man. We all know what kind of despicable things mankind is capable of.

Why am I saying these things?.......because I'm getting tiered of waiting for people to WAKE UP! Take a look at what religion has done to this planet. You don't need religious dogma to be spiritual. Don't let anyone tell you what "God" is. Because there is not one single person who has a single clue. That is a fact. It is possible to be a good person and treat others with mutual respect without the influence of religious dogma. Religion is whats holding us back. It's what's always held us back.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
totally agreed with you,
but i sense that, "some people", they just need religion to go on because their capacity isn't same like us, they just don't wanna think, they prefer to faith rather than using their mind to ponder.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

I completely agree that religion is just a bunch of stories, but I disagree on your reason why it exists:

Believers just don't understand exactly what religion is. It's a tool. A tool used by the Elite to control the masses. To control what a person believes spiritually, is to control them body and soul.

I don't think so. I think it's more of people's way of copping out of science and having a simple way of understanding the universe and life. I also think people use religion to cope with their fear of death because they want to believe that when their brain shuts off they don't die, they live on in a cloud-land of happiness.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
I know that there are many similar threads pertaining to this title but this is my own personal take on it.

So whats one more going to hurt?

Jesus, Allah, and the God of Abraham are no more real than Zeus, Horus, Jupiter or Mickey Mouse. Those of you who are believers, are all brainwashed. I'm sorry you don't believe me, but it is most certainly true.

The same rehashed stuff. Everyone else is the problem, it can't be you, right?

Most of you religious types, have been raised from birth to adhere to the beliefs of your parents, way before you have the intellectual maturity to discern whether what you're being told is true or not.

Dead wrong. I grew up in a freethinking, liberal household. I never was forced to go to church. Nor was I forced to believe in the bible or any god. I smoked pot with my parents, went to concerts with my dad. I saw KISS in 1984. For every religious person you meet that you claim to be this way, there is one that had found faith on their own.

Ok. So admittedly there are an "Elite" power in the world. Why would they stop at religion? In what ways could they control Atheists and non-believers alike? Science? Self-worship? Earth worship? (I've repeated this in other threads but it is worth repeating since the same christian bashing threads keep appearing as well.

There is not a shred of evidence that can prove whatsoever, that any religion is true. Why? Because they are all just lies. They are just stories,and nothing more. There might be some true historical accounts written within religious scripture but even this fact is proof of nothing. If I wrote a book and said that I saw the twin towers fall and in that same book say that my buddy Bob is the direct descendant of the almighty creator and he commanded the earth to swallow the giant towers because the people of that city angered "God". The fact that the World Trade center was destroyed doesn't prove that "Bob" is who I say he is. Are you following me? The Bible and all the books like it, are proof of nothing. It doesn't matter what any of them say because it is all just words put to paper by man. We all know what kind of despicable things mankind is capable of.

The irony is you would have others believe that forced beliefs such as christianity or any other religion for that matter is a "tool" to control. What if you are the "tool"? Ever think of that? What makes your beliefs better than others?

Why am I saying these things?.......because I,m getting tiered of waiting for people to WAKE UP! Take a look at what religion has done to this planet. You don't need religious dogma to be spiritual. Don't let anyone tell you what "God" is. Because there is not one single person who has a single clue. That is a fact. It is possible to be a good person and treat others with mutual respect without the influence of religious dogma. Religion is whats holding us back. It's what's always held us back.

You sound like someone who wants to cry racism because slavery existed so long ago. Get over it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by requireduser

I couldn't agree with you more.I have a couple of pastors in my family,and trying to get them to think out of the box,even seeing the possibilities and choices is like a horse with blinders. I call it the ostrich syndrome.

A lot of people are seeing the changes but they wait for someone to make a move between the dancing with the stars episodes.
I pray to God that these people wake up before they find themselves in the 1984 movie.

This universe is a fractal and we are growing with the extensions!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Religion was a way to explain events in ancient times with out the understanding we have today. They did not understand that the earths axis was on a tilt and changed as it orbited the sun to cause seasons. Same thing with day and night. The sun was being defeated daily by the night, but, today we understand that this is because we are rotating.

Religion was and still is a cover for ignorance, as our understanding increases people will realize that.

And religion, by their own writings, is the devil...

Pred...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Religion, as well as nationalism, is a tool to unify and manipulate. The PTB capitalize on beliefs and preconceptions, and use them to their advantage. For instance, we were told 'muslim extremists' who 'hated our freedoms' were behind the 9/11 attacks. Being that most of U.S.A. is of the Christian faith, blaming the muslims achieved the result the PTB wanted; they had the rage and support of the majority of citizens to do as they pleased in the middle east. Of course, it was all a lie to justify militarism, take over the resources of the region, and expand the Rothschild/Zionist empire. Just goes to prove blind faith in leadership and silly beliefs have dire consequences. All they have to do is push the emotional buttons of a certain group to get a reaction. Divide and conquer.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm with ya! and it's true, fear of there not being an afterlife is huge. So what if there is no afterlife? Perhaps if more people thought this way, they would have a greater appreciation of the gift they were given.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Put me on that "Agree-list" please...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Religion was and still is a cover for ignorance, as our understanding increases people will realize that.
reply to post by predator0187

Agreed. I fear that it might not happen soon enough. Allot of people don't like to ponder these possibilities for themselves, they WANT to told what to believe.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Religion as a belief system is just paganism.
Which is the idea that you can gain favor with some
supernatural being by performing some ritual or sacrifice.
All religions are political terrorist cults, which terrorize their
adherents first and then everyone else later. They are based
on brainwashing and are extremely
dangerous. The Christian church is said to have killed 100 million,
while Islam is said to have killed 300 million.

Whether Reality is created from an infinitive consciousness (God) or
something called matter which cannot be defined is really
a separate subject. The existence or experience of such
does not require belief only Intuition.

edit on 19-8-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I think you're just scared, on what lies beyond. Hence why you'd rather not believe. Easier to live life when your actions have no consequence. Amirite?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When you are a child you are told about Santa Claus. He sees you when you are sleeping, he knows when you are awake, he knows if you've been bad or good......
If you are good he brings you nice things.
If you are bad he brings you nothing or maybe a lump of coal or piece of wood.
This is to Control your behavior.

When you grow up you are told that god will bring you these things..
Same principle. All seeing god... The nice gifts are = Heaven; the coal or wood = Hell.
Again to control your behavior. But as an adult you are taxed tho they call it tithing to decieve you.

Xtians can't see their own metaphor.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I think you're just scared, on what lies beyond. Hence why you'd rather not believe. Easier to live life when your actions have no consequence. Amirite?
reply to post by Frontkjemper

No........I think it's the other way around. You are afraid of what lies beyond. That's why you want to be told what awaits you beyond the grave. Knowing that religion is a hoax, doesn't provide one with a life free of consequences. Everyone must own their own actions and suffer the consequences of bad decisions. Having religion in ones life, doesn't make them a good person. Being a good person and treating others the way you want to be treated, makes a person good.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You are confusing religion with objectivism and self-pride. There are two sides to the world: Good and evil. Each takes its stand by defining itself on platforms that can be verified by experience.

Good speaks from loving God and others as equal to self. Yes, there are many exceptions to this as we can see many people deluding themselves into seeking faith apart from the fruit of this faith. With no fruit, belief is not true. Many claim to be Christian for advantage. If a person professes faith for reward, they are really seeking the reward. This is duplicity. If a person seeks faith to avoid punishment, then they are again duplicitous. True seekers of good seek faith as its own reward. This is evidenced by the life they live and the fruit coming from their character.

Evil speaks from a platform of self-love. This is pride. This type of pride sees others as below and lower by standards set by the individual. This type of pride is the result of blindness in the spirit. The flaming sword from Genesis 3 protects the tree of life. Life cannot be lived or experienced by someone blinded by pride unless the consuming fire of God is freely sought by the life lived. Apart form humbly seeking God, the flaming sword keeps the pride of the person from gaining access to truth. Blindness is caused by the lack of fruit of a life lived.

Your perspective lacks vision of spiritual insight. Because of this, you cannot see why a person of faith can believe. From the other side of this reflection, a person of faith is blinded to your perspective as well. We see God and wonder how it is possible that another person lacks this obvious vision in the reflection.

I keep using the metaphor of reflecting because this is precisely what takes place. God states that we are 'in' the image he created. He also states that we are the image of God. He says it two different ways in one verse. Genesis 1:27 is where you find this fact. The image is created by the trinity. You can easily understand this concept by reading an article I wrote on this idea. LINK There is another article that reflects the idea of a mirror here. LINK

There is not faith apart from works. Works do not get you to heaven. They are only the result of faith in God. Jesus died to show the example of suffering for reward. He lived a live devoted to others and not self. This is the direction that suffering takes. If you seek to take reward for self, suffering results. Smoke and you get cancer. Suffering work for the benefit of others (remember, you are one of the others) results in reward. Suffer an education and the reward extends to the later lives of your kids. Reward earned from suffering never ends. Suffering as a result of taking reward never ends. This can be verified by any example you can muster.

Now that I can demonstrate how faith works, examine what you do in this life. "What do we actually do apart form animated observation of the story from our consciousness? If you look closely, you see that we are on autopilot. Do you make your hair grow? Do you activate the cones and rods in your eyes for sight? Do you digest your food? Do you make the sun shine or the earth warm? Look close. All functions of the human and his reality are produced by God. Nothing is our choice apart from moving our vehicle (Body). This allows us to create and to express our free will with words and actions. All actions and words affect us and others. All other actions to support this process are done by God, apart form our conscious effort.

Think of it a different way. God composes the symphony from beginning to end. We are the performers, able to produce our unique performance of the score that God provides. Like musicians, we can play out of tune at times, rush and play two loudly or softly. We can even choose disbelief, arrogantly refusing to play. The only way to achieve purpose, however, is to follow the notes God provides to our perspectives, with our own unique musicianship.

We also have the ability to create things that God could not anticipate. Mozart, Bach, the Movie Avatar and so on. It's all a reflection of the story God tells. Have you ever wondered why every movie seems to tell the same story of the good guy winning in the end by trials and struggles? Isn't it obvious? We are God's mirror. The question is, what do we reflect back to Him about who we are becoming? We know what God's story tells us. What does our story tell God? We are in His image. We can create, just like Him. "

Good luck in your search. Don't judge the believer without experiencing a life devoted to others. Once you experience the fruit of a Godly life, you will start to experience faith. It cannot be ignored once you see clearly. The flaming sword must have the opportunity to act as the consuming fire to your soul or you will remain blind to the way, the truth and the life offered by Jesus.

edit on 19-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have no problem admitting i'm a christian, and i wont be swayed from my CHOSEN path. I chose to love God, because he loved me enough to send my redeemer. He could have left me to my despair and darkness as i spiralled down into oblivion/hell/whatever, instead he sent the Holy Spirit, which brought me back from the brink. God didnt have to send Jesus to save us, he could have left us all to die in the sin we revelled in.

I CHOSE to serve God, I CHOSE to learn how to be more like Christ, and now i CHOOSE to champion his cause and spread his message. I do this all of my own free will, free of the fear of death, and even if i go to my death for preaching his message, i will do no less than the Apostle Paul whom had the courage to face being beheaded and who would not denounce Christ to save his own head.

Those who believe in nothing can never understand. Those who do not love and cannot open their hearts to the light of God will never understand, you are given over to apathy and ignorance. You chose to say God doesnt exist because of the lack of "proof". Well i say to you in archeology we have a saying "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence". You have never felt the Glory of God shine on your soul and scour away the darkness that was swallowing your soul.

Would you die for your Aliens? Would you die for your oblivion? Would you die for your government? Would you die for yourself? Would you die for your pagan gods? Would you die for the western winds? I can die for my God and love him while i do it. If you cannot die for what you believe in, then you will never know where i am coming from.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
yes, and you don't have to believe in god etc, to be an idiot or a mass murderer or start wars.

don't need god to live like you are the only one on this planet that doesn't sin, coz sin is a religious thang.

don't need god to go to war for something/someone or even be good towards your fellow man.

don't need god to get get sick or drop dead.

don't need god for anything.

some people like god.

i like god.

religion is real, not a hoax.

some people think they themselves are little supreme beings and some think they are an accident of a random combo of atoms and some think they are a product of an intervention from higher intelligence.

as to the question of religion being a controlling force, DUH!

it helps a lot of people. it also gets twisted and hurts people by PEOPLE, not god etc.

whether there is a real heaven and hell? no one has come back to say for sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

reply to post by Frontkjemper

No........I think it's the other way around. You are afraid of what lies beyond. That's why you want to be told what awaits you beyond the grave. Knowing that religion is a hoax, doesn't provide one with a life free of consequences. Everyone must own their own actions and suffer the consequences of bad decisions. Having religion in ones life, doesn't make them a good person. Being a good person and treating others the way you want to be treated, makes a person good.

and where did that idea come from?

marx? mao? stalin? pol pot?

hitler?

mussolini?

lol, who is credited for that?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Throughout our recorded history, religion has always adapted their beliefs due to science. It doesn't work in reverse, and it's as simple as that.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Everyone dies. I will die, you will all die. Does it hurt anyone to believe there is a God waiting for them when they die? No it does not because no matter what you believe, if you believe in anything at all. You are going to die. So what does it hurt to believe in God? You lose nothing and in the end you may gain something, you may gain an afterlife. Wether you believe in God or not you are going to die thats a simple fact. I ask you, what does it hurt you to believe in God? Are you that afraid to have hope? What does it hurt to believe in God when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join