It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are dart boards the size of the play area and not larger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
And why is it also that nobody has ever realized that the worst way to practice is to use more than one dart when we all noticed that with three; the first aims to high the second too low and third will be narrowed in?
edit on 19-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)
This is not a theory because I once was having a few beers with friends and the thought occured to me when I kept needing to zero in with two darts or one or whatever and then realized that a new stance was needed for best practice will then I claimed that aiming for the bull' s eye using one dart quikly walking and shooting ; that within 1/2 an hour it would take me to never miss and it took 20 minutes. And when I had proven it; I never played nore tryed again but I actually was not much goodand nostly lost each time with friends.
edit on 19-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Nougat

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
because the lobster and steak,, won't stick.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
because the lobster and steak,, won't stick.

Do you have a link?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If i were you i would have just googled it....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The dart board actually originates from magic circles/summoning circles.

It is an evil, evil game.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Okay, this is hands down the best thread on ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
OP logically that is a very good point. You could make a lot of money making a dartboard with a large circular margin of error.

Even add a new rule to the game: 5 points deducted if you land in the margin, or whatever.

As for the philosophical answer to your question, I'd say it's simply because the error of missing the dartboard is rarely of enough consequence for anyone to get upset or irritated enough to fix it, and because dartboards are often put into a cramped, small area to provide entertainment where other forms of it won't fit. Too big of a dartboard would not be able to fit in a lot of places. Of course the only places I've really seen dartboards are dingy little bars with bad lighting so your experiences may vary from mine.

Originally posted by eNumbra
The dart board actually originates from magic circles/summoning circles.

It is an evil, evil game.

Evil is subjective, everything is evil to someone. "Bobby Boucher, I told you foosball is the Devil!"
edit on 8/19/2011 by DieBravely because: Common Sense Injection

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
My guess would be that the target is approximately the size of an animal's head. Possibly a pig or boar, although a "bullseye" kind of implies it was the head of a cow or bull. And instead of darts, they used to throw knives. That's just a guess.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Why do doves cry at night?

And why is it that when I throw darts at them I miss high, then low and then with the last dart I narrow in!

But it's too late then because I've used all my darts up and it becomes Peewee Herman's turn!

OH! GREAT! He's shooshing me now! He's trying to use the PHONE!!!!

Where's my ski boots?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Clearly it is a conspiracy by the masons. As in the people that will have to replace the facing on your wall after it has too many dart holes.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
So are crop circles intergalactic dart boards???

oohhh and lobsters will stick if ya get the little suckers screaming real good first

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
exactly op, thats how you pass through a black hole, you are correct.

thank you for sharing it with us.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

join