It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 things you probably didn’t know could be hacked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture

Thanks for your comments. Your 100% right on the artificial sweeteners, all though the old saccharin was pretty benign (unless you were a rat who got 100,000x the dosage by body weight that would correlate to a person. Hell, at that dose almost ANYTHING is going to kill you!) But as a general rule the newer artificial sweeteners are a problem.

Glad to know you are aware of these things!

I haven't had a weight problem since I was 12, hence never use them, and my diet is actually somewhat high in non-animal fats, and I have long avoided trans fats.
Good for you.

I did that before it was trendy having seen what t-fats do in a test tube, like blood glue. Nasty.
Oooh lol...yeah yuck just imagining .

I also have a cholesterol level most would kill for, and have also noted in the literature that a diet somewhat higher in fats reduces some episodes of seizure's. As I have a previous history of same post car accident, it made sense to try. I don't recommend anyone treat themselves for seizure's just by the foods they eat, but they can discuss it with their MD.
Yes, this is very serious, I agree, please go see a doctor.

I have no doubt Aspartame has some neurological effect on some, when I have taken it, by accident and not reading the food label, it acts like a sleeping pill! Not a good sign, and it points to having some effect on the brain. Nothing yet in the literature on that but I know how it affects "me".
I never could bear the taste of the stuff myself... I can tell artificial from the real any day. And thanks for the sharing of how this affects you. It , I believe, is a literal poison to us. I believe you.

As for the time I have with the diagnosis, I do seem to have a "slow variant" and that alone was confusing trying to diagnose. "Yeah, looks like ALS here, but not here"... That kind of thing thats why I call it a "creeping version", slow and an odd variant. But the ALS, or as I labeled it ALS/vB (als variant bob) is more a challenge. Not an "enemy" A disease has no ego, or vendetta. It just is, and you deal with it best you can.

Bless your dear heart.. I know it must be very difficult for you at times. You do seem to be handling things positively, so please keep positive! Still, I can't help but think that it could possibly be a wrong DX . I do hope that you had a second opinion.

I wish you the very best, my friend: May you live long and prosper ...all the whilst they have come up with ''the cure'' for whatever ails ya .. My thoughts and prayers are with ya.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Thanks for the comments. I got several opinion's including verification of what my neurologist thought it might be from an independent consult at Mayo. I've been seeing my neurologist for about 12 years now. First for migraines and then seizures, all as stated post car accident in 1993. But the guy I have seen for 12 years is super bright, has both an MD and PhD in molecular biology. He's got the best bed side manner of any physician I've ever met. And he deals with people, including children who have some ghastly problems. So it's good news for all he's both very smart and compassionate.

He treats his patients as if they have a brain and allow's them, provided they know what they need to, to be as active participants in their own care as they can, and if they choose.. He does this as much as any patient wants to be an active participant (I do), and is aware enough of the specifics to make a contribution. He has said he has more then a few patients who want him to "just fix it, I don't need to know all the details" He can deal with that to, but I'm the kind of patient some doctors dread. I know enough about various fields to be a genuine pain in the ass.

By the way, love the avatar of "the kitty". He, (she?) looks a lot like mine...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Concerning the issues of being hacked, in the issue of medical records or more important access to send instructions to someones medical implant, we have to look at a more layered and secure method then just sending this over the net without appropriate control protocols. We don't have to get into the "exotic" to do this, but need layered authentication and confirmation protocols and we can do this with the current net infrastructure. There are numerous ways to hide data in a net communication and since it serves no one to freak out TBTB, this can use "dense, and layered" properties. Anything the spooks can't peek into they get nervous, and since this is just to protect patient safety and privacy I don't see a reason provided you don't go "exotic in technology,et el" to implement this.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Hi and thanks for your input here. I hear ya and agree there needs to be more security with doc/patients' orders. Something definitely needs to be implemented for the patients' safety... or either the doc's need to go back to the old ways of doing things ...by verbal order or over the phone, now tHAT can't be hacked. But a lot of this new stuff is sO much more convenient. I do realize there are some things that we can't revert back to for they were never there but... Sometimes it's like danged if ya do, and danged if ya don't lol. but that's progress for ya. With the tech we use today, there is nothing really 100% safe...

Hope you are having a gr8 day, my new friend!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
reply to post by arbiture

Hi and thanks for your input here. I hear ya and agree there needs to be more security with doc/patients' orders. Something definitely needs to be implemented for the patients' safety... or either the doc's need to go back to the old ways of doing things ...by verbal order or over the phone, now tHAT can't be hacked. But a lot of this new stuff is sO much more convenient. I do realize there are some things that we can't revert back to for they were never there but... Sometimes it's like danged if ya do, and danged if ya don't lol. but that's progress for ya. With the tech we use today, there is nothing really 100% safe...

Hope you are having a gr8 day, my new friend!

Count me as a friend as well. I value your input and insight. But most of ll what I sense as your innate kindness, we need a lot more of that. All the best.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thanks for your input, everyone.
I had overlooked this post and have to say that I wasn't aware of this dialing of 9-1-1. Thanks so much for the heads up.

Everything seems to be too connected these days... without security. grrr. What price we pay for convenience , huh?

Also, I'd like to bring up an older link that I feel people should see. I'm not sure that it is 100% true but I do believe a majority of this technology IS being employed today. Now, the questions are: What do we do about these things? How do we protect ourselves??!!

Somehow, I believe they can manipulate our brains more than we could possibly recognize. I say this because I think my bro in law's bro was ''messed with".

Here is that link to my other thread if interested in what this guy, Kevin has to say, He could be a hoaxer but there is a bell of truth to some of his claims, IMO

Mind Control / Satellite Surveilance Claims - Is this true?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
re: hacking the human brain

Been done. We percieve reality (depending on your definition of that) but our perceptions are controlled by the abstractions we associate with what we percieve. These abstractions can be altered. It's actually what we use to teach children, and it can be, and is, applied to adults--an aftereffect of our lifelong learning ability.

Consider the letter A. Taken as an absolute, it is the juncture of three lines in a definite, unchanging pattern. However, the letter A is not interpreted by our minds in that fashion. Instead, we apply the abstraction of an associated sound. Such sound translates, when used in conjunction with other letters, to form words or to represent words (in the case of anagrams), or even to assign value, as in the letter-grade system used in education. This is how our brains were programmed after birth by our parents and teachers, and such programming holds sway in most cases because of the strength of its imprint.

Our brains, however, are capable of overwriting the abstractions we apply to images. If I were to take an adult, brand them with the letter A, and use that brand as a perjoritive then the letter A would take on slightly different meaning. If I continued the process over a period of years, and introduced punishment each time the brand was displayed, then even stronger emotional impression would be associated with the letter A. Finally, let's say each time the brand was displayed I beat the person's child. This would strongly imprint negative connotations with the letter A. Yes, I'm thinking about "The Scarlet Letter" in this case. But only vaguely.

Now let's say I released the subject into the educational community, and they studied hard at a given subject. At the end of the semester he/she gets his/her grades back and screams, running from the school, never to return. When we look at the report-card, we see straight A's. What happened? The subject's mind was hacked.

There are obviously less time-intensive ways to alter the concrete/abstract associations in the mind. Advertisers do it all the time. The premise of this was introduced in 1898 by Gustave Le Bon, and is largely responsible for the rise of Mussolini and Nazi Germany (among many many others).

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by herrw

Thanks for your input to the thread herrw. Understood. Great post
Wouldn't that be called a type of conditioning? re: the letter A. But I get your gist... it all plays on the mind.

Lately, my mind has been through so much that it needs reformatting with a new OS.

Hey ever heard of the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"?

Of course there are pros and cons to that!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join