It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO to Save the World! - Today at the NY TIMES.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Engineering Food for All
By NINA V. FEDOROFF was the science and technology adviser to the secretary of state from 2007 to 2010, is a professor of biology at Pennsylvania State University.

www.nytimes.com...#

"And above all, the government needs to stop regulating genetic modifications for which there is no scientifically credible evidence of harm."

This article is an opinion piece that wants the EPA to back off from regulating GM.

After being exposed to ATS information regarding GM, and following it up with web research, it is amazing to
me that this woman presents bald assertions as fact.

What do you think?

Regards,

Deb

edit on 19/8/11 by masqua because: Edted title to remove most All Caps and added 'ex' tabs

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by debbrown

I knew the EPA is under great political threat - so its sooooo great to know that we can trust the agri-giants to take good care of us one their own

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
People need to start pushing back against this, yes it can be good but the ones who control it now are using it the wrong way and will seriously damage our ecosystem. Not to mention the parasite that swaps genes with the flora in your stomach.

www.greenchipstocks.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Oh man, another example of lobbyist making policy not real science.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

What it is? It is a plot for genocide and full control of the world's food source and hence control of the entire population. Totalitarian in all it's hideousness. If you can control the food, water, oil and health services you control and manipulate that population any which way you desire.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The evidence for harm will be hidden, maybe for generations to come. Play with fire and get burnt. We are what we eat they say, mess around with the genes of foodstuffs and chances are pretty high that our genes will suffer as a result.

Why change food stuff anyway, if people are hungry, grow more crops and cultivate more land, simple.

You will never, ever see the Elite eating this stuff, not a chance in hell, and you shouldn't either.

The majority of people dont want it, and in a true democracy that should be enough to put and end to any discussion whatsoever, period.

This proves we are being targetted doesn't it. If they can, what I term, poison my food with no repercussions does this mean I am allowed to do the same to thiers?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I guess this os that PROMISED change...

Amish farmers, in PA, selling raw milk to buyers who WANT raw milk, get descended upon by SWAT teams and FDA enforcers. Monsanto 'modifies' seeds and food stuff and get a welcomed seat at the table of Hope and Change (note to Monsanto--just don't bring small 'change' big bills only, channeled thru Swisse Banks preferred).

We are soooo screwed.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I am neighbors with corn farmers in my country. They said they have to buy new seeds every time at $100 a bag since the ones that they harvest don't grow as abundant as the ones they have to purchase. That was a red flag for me. I'll never eat corn again.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

Monsanto gmo seeds are genetically designed to commit suicide after one germination. It is the frankenstein of all things natural.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thats why i don´t see Humanity surviving another 1000 Years (or even an Hundred,who knows)
We poision our Air,our Water,our Food,our Soils and even ourselves just so a few big Corporations can make a quick Profit.

Noone thinks about the Future anymore

new topics

top topics

join