It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damned if these predictions aren't coming true!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Not sure if any of you read www.seekingalpha.com, but it's a very good website with people much smarter than me making compelling, lucid and sometimes over-my-head cases about the economy and the stock market.

I was trolling through some economic prediction articles and came across across this one written in December on what is to be expected on the economy in 2011. And damn if half the predictions haven't already come true. To me, that means the other half are probably going to happen.

Now, don't get your panties in a wad. This writer isn't saying there will be nuclear war or that we'll be roving around an economic desolate wasteland while Tina Turner puts us in a steel cage to fight to the death. But predictions that commodity prices and global social unrest will rise dramatically have happened. The EU is now facing the music with its debt issues, as he predicted months before the latest Wall Street freefall. And the US will hover near recession, which is clearly the case at the moment.

It's a good read.

Now, I'll probably side with many of you on here to say that 2012 and 2013 will only worsen and lead to a climatic global conflageration. My guess is it will be sparked by an Iran/Israel confrontation that puts a dramatic hold on oil supplies, prompting other world powers to intervene. Still, the writer doesn't go there.
edit on 8/19/2011 by behindthescenes because: (no reason given)

new topics

join