It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Interviewing Ron Paul, asks the worst question I've ever seen...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

ok, someone ask him if he reads magazines and which ones?

don't be naive, he is running for prez for heaven sake.

you think he should get the pass from the media that obama did?

did he ever perform an abortion?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
oh i get it.

he was asking ron paul if he had ever been to bohemian grove.

wich by the way is serious business!

and a relevant issue to anyone running for office.

what bill clinton did in the oval office is softcore compared to what goes on in those woods...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I honestly don't think Kro is a troll. I mean when I first interacted with him on the boards I did but no I think he seriously just believes what he says.

edit on 8/19/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess

Originally posted by Nephalim
Pretty stupid move on the part of a Ron Paul supporter.

If people want Ron to win they cant do things like that because he has to answer for someone elses stupidity on national television.

Im right all day on that. Sorry.

no he doesn't. he doesn't and shouldn't have to answer for what ANY person takes it upon themselves to do. This kind of crap shouldn't even be a part of an an interview like this anyway. This has nothing to do with the issues concerning this country right now. period. this was crappy journalism. sensationalism, rumor milling. and turning what is SUPPOSED TO BE a "reputable" news program into an edition of The National Inquirer.

He obviously had to answer for it right there, right before your eyes yet "No hes doesnt!" shotty journalism or not, it happened and mam? He sure enough did. That's reality, whether he should have to or not, he just had to. Why? because some idiot put it there for Fox news to find. Right? If it wasn't there it wouldnt have been asked. Lets try to get with it.

"if Ron Paul wants to win they cant do things like that" - and you find NOTHING wrong with a country that bases it decisions on who to elect to run the country on things like: some guy that supports another guy placed an ad in the paper looking for dirt on a third guy!?!

Dont assume anything on my part please. You should probably calm down. I am a texan, and there is a reason Paul has been a Texas rep all of this time. Paul has been asked about his supporters before, it didn't tear him down then but it sure doesnt help when its negative. Whether you think the reporter was wrong in asking the question or not, it was asked and he did fine. My only point there is that this is not the way someone should support their candidate and I'm right.

No way.

yes way, its right there.Big as life.

FYI: mud slinging has NEVER kept ANY politician from being elected anyway. when any other politician slings mud the media is all over them, they LIVE for that kind of crap. Ron Paul had no dirt to dig up, so they have to result to crap like this. I think it's funny that this is the best gossip they can drudge up on Dr. Paul and try and throw him on the spot in the news. Who cares what some guy posted in a newspaper. Love the way Dr. Paul made her look like an idiot when he said "I can't believe this is a real question for the national news."

I dont totally agree, mudlslinging can end careers if that mudslinging turns into truth but why feed ammo to the machine gun? Am I right? Does anyone here want to load the canon again so all he has to talk about in his interviews are stupid things like a Perry sex scandal that doesn't exist? Of course not, you want to help create realistic situations that the guy can speak positively about. That's actual help.

On the other hand If people know the media focuses on stuff like "mudslinging" why help create it? Paul has it tough enough already with the media, give the guy a break. Go buy a campaign for Liberty sign and put it in the lawn or something. Start a Ron Paul dinner or a rally even, invite everyone you know, bring him to your town if you want. Seriously. Bumper stickers help get the word out too. Donations are always good.

But that "supporters" type of help, no one needs. Don't bother doing it.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Rons got it under control and "THE PLAN".........So, VOTE RON PAUL 2012

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
since we are shredding and picking apart posts line by line (*rolls eyes*)

Originally posted by Nephalim
He obviously had to answer for it right there, right before your eyes yet "No hes doesnt!" shotty journalism or not, it happened and mam? He sure enough did. That's reality, whether he should have to or not, he just had to. Why? because some idiot put it there for Fox news to find. Right? If it wasn't there it wouldnt have been asked. Lets try to get with it.

first of all - is there some reason WHY you HAD to end your paragraph with the insulting line, "Let's try to get with it"? Did that smarmy remark make your argument more valid or something? *snicker*

secondly, no he did not HAVE to. he flat told the woman he wasn't wasting his time with garbage like that.

either way, my OPINION was that it was shoddy (the word is shoddy, by the way, not shotty) journalism in the first place. never in the history of politics has any journalist ever tried to nail down a candidate to the actions of some random citizen's personal actions. i stand by that. you don't have to agree with that. but unlike you, i am not going to make some snotty remark about how you need to "get with it" just because you don't agree wholeheartedly with my post (regardless of the fact that i actually AGREED with your post, and you are confusing my distaste for the actions of the media into meaning that i advocated this "supporters" actions - which is NEVER what i said or meant in my post)

Dont assume anything on my part please. You should probably calm down. I am a texan, and there is a reason Paul has been a Texas rep all of this time. Paul has been asked about his supporters before, it didn't tear him down then but it sure doesnt help when its negative. Whether you think the reporter was wrong in asking the question or not, it was asked and he did fine. My only point there is that this is not the way someone should support their candidate and I'm right.

at which point in the section of my post that you quoted did i ever assume anything on your part? i don't even know you. i never once said in my post "i think i speak for everyone when i say..." - so where's the part where i assumed ANYTHING on your part? Also, why should I calm down because you're a Texan?!? LMAO. Guess what, I am a Texan, too. What does that have to do with a hill of beans?!?

I never once said that what the guy did (taking out the ad in the Austin paper) was a GOOD thing, nor did i ever state that i didn't think that it was a bad idea. i KNOW it was a stupid thing for some person to do. but i STRICTLY spoke about the fact that i don't think the topic should have been newsworthy enough for the entire interview time to be wasted on it to begin with. He shouldn't have been asked such a stupid question to begin with. He has no control over what random citizens post in the newspaper, nor should he be held accountable for it, especially to some twit who couldn't understand a word he was saying when it came to the issues, did you not see her eyes glaze over? The whole interview was a mockery to the man. Even if this guy hadn't posted the newspaper ad, they would have found some equally ridiculous subject to bring up and harp on, in order to stifle him from talking about the issues and getting his message out there, or to possibly gain interest from new supporters.

Furthermore, all the MSM cares about in elections anymore is personal dirt. who is sleeping with whom, etc. the man was trying to explain monetary policy to this twit of a "journalist" and all she could care about was the gossip story. period.

The media needs to be a little more responsible in their reporting. You posting on a conspiracy website about how people should refrain from behavior like the guy in Austin is NOT going to stop people from doing stuff like that any more than Ron Paul could stop them... or any other candidate for that matter. However, journalists SHOULD have a certain unbiased, ethical standard they they adhere to, all on their own, without having to be scolded on internet forums or by The Daily Show. (Note: i said SHOULD.)

I dont totally agree, mudlslinging can end careers if that mudslinging turns into truth but why feed ammo to the machine gun? Am I right? Does anyone here want to load the canon again so all he has to talk about in his interviews are stupid things like a Perry sex scandal that doesn't exist? Of course not, you want to help create realistic situations that the guy can speak positively about. That's actual help.

On the other hand If people know the media focuses on stuff like "mudslinging" why help create it? Paul has it tough enough already with the media, give the guy a break. Go buy a campaign for Liberty sign and put it in the lawn or something. Start a Ron Paul dinner or a rally even, invite everyone you know, bring him to your town if you want. Seriously. Bumper stickers help get the word out too. Donations are always good.

But that "supporters" type of help, no one needs. Don't bother doing it.

again, i think you need to reread my post because i was in no way advocating what this "supporter" did - my ENTIRE post was about how the media has their priorities mixed up and that such a stupid thing should never have been the topic of this interview in the first place.

Also, no, mudslinging never stopped anyone from being elected to office. to the contrary, that seems to be the thing that the media focuses on (which was my POINT all along, not that this "supporter" SHOULD be out there posting newspaper ads like that). i don't appreciate your putting words in my mouth like i am advocating what that guy did. i couldn't give a rats A$$ about that guy and what he did, all i care about it what the media focuses on when they SHOULD be focused on the issues. period.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

you are right, they do love him (Perry). it's because he is a palm greaser. a scratch each other's back kind of guy. i gotta tell you, though, in person he is a really charming guy. i mean, he came off to me (i have said this numerous times already) as a used car salesman, just full of crapola.... but i personally saw the effect he had on the other women in the room and man, he is good at what he does. he will definitely get the votes of the southern bible thumping soccer moms, for sure. his speech style is real "evangelist", too. ug.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
See? There you go, blowing up again. All I was sayin there was the supporter was in the wrong to begin with and I didn't mean to be insulting in any of that. But, you know, you jump on top of my post like I said the devil was kickin in your door. Truth is truth, no one was even knockin' so there's no need to get worked up.

I dont think your 100% wrong, Neither one of us can deny he still had to answer for what this lame "supporter" did.

We strait? or would you rather bicker over Fox news and my typos little more?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by musicjunkie
Anyone can claim to be a Ron Paul supporter and then do something stupid.

I could just as easily do something equally as incendiary and foolish and claim I was a Rick Perry supporter.

i was also thinking that same thing. but the kicker is that if someone were to do something like that, i don't think the media would question that candidate about it or waste the entire interview time allotment discussing it. i think they did that with ron paul simply to screw him out of actual interview time... to make him talk about something so trivial and then later say "see, we aren't ignoring him. we interviewed him!" - the whole thing is a joke. there is no ethics in journalism anymore. there used to be. it used to be a noble profession. now it's just a bunch of spokesmodels reading from a script. ug.

love your screenname, by the way!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
What makes ANYONE think that Ron Paul will be any better than anyone else that has held the office???

Please help me think of another place to focus our efforts as Americans than having to decide the lesser evil.

We all know that one man doesn't run the country, right???

We all know that such a powerful place as the United States would never let one man have decision-making powers, right???

I thought that this site was all about educating each other that the elite have control.

It appears as if even the 'non-sheeple', of ATS are being steered in 'a direction'???

Please help me understand.

Confused.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

I honestly don't think Kro is a troll. I mean when I first interacted with him on the boards I did but no I think he seriously just believes what he says.

Denial troll is denial? Wait that's not how it goes.. but you're saying he doesn't know he's a troll right?

Kidding. Really though, dismissing the interview question as anything less then absurd is trolling imo
edit on 20-8-2011 by underspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
seems fox news is trolling ron paul.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
First you complain that he isn't being covered than you complain about the coverage. There is no satisfying the Ron Paul people apparantly.

i can never tell if you're trolling, or if you actually believe what you say.

ron paul isn't getting much coverage, and if you think "coverage" equates to being asked if he's had sex with perry, or was a stripper, then i don't know what to tell you.

if you wanted a car and had been asking for one from your family, and they give you a beat up rusted clunker that can't do more than 45 mph, then they give a sibling a brand new honda accord, you'd be pissed too.

you said you wanted to live, right? well you got your wish. you're alive in a 10' by 10' cell getting bread and water three times a day, why are you complaining? it's what you wanted.

i think i'm gonna go with "troll".

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
It's fox. What were you expecting?
Yet you guys don't make threads about all the Democrat party networks that spend 24/7 making up # about Republicans and asking retarded questions meant to smear them. You only seem to get outraged when it's Fox.

Basically I think you've been trained.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

S + F.

What a joke.

Imagine that, the corporate media is accusing Ron Paul's campaign of "dirty politics". The corporate media has done nothing but try to besmirch and discredit this man by spinning his views, censoring him or just blatant name calling.

I can guarantee you that the real reason that they are angered is because Ron Paul has no dirty laundry. Trust me, if they could attack him for his personal behavior, they would.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

The establishment attack dogs love to try and ambush the man.

Here, Ron Paul received a donation from one of the founders of Stormfront. The first question that comes to mind is how did Fox and the corporate media even know about this single donation? There seems to be a pattern. Ask him some warm up questions then cue the blind sided swipe.

In typical Ron Paul fashion, he handles this attack with calm, poise and dignity.

edit on 20-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus

Yet you guys don't make threads about all the Democrat party networks that spend 24/7 making up # about Republicans and asking retarded questions meant to smear them. You only seem to get outraged when it's Fox.
I think all mainstream media is corrupt, not just one particular station. I don't watch any because it's biased, it's a scripted bias, and for the most part corporations own them, which makes me think the wealthiest people in the world use them to push propaganda and manipulate the people.

Like The Ministry Of Truth, except it's reality.

Basically I think you've been trained.
Trained to not trust any mainstream media outlet, yes.
edit on 20-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join