It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Al Qaeda really exist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha

I have thought that for at least a year now, but the bogeyman needs to be kept alive, for how else is the (perpetual) "war on terrorism" to continue with public support if the mastermind and all of his lieutenants have been eradicated?

may i remind of the spanish trainbombings in may.

Remind all you wish. The idea that the attack on Spain had anything to do with governmental change is nothing more than a propaganda ploy to play to the fear of the masses.

Consider this; the attack on Spain is spun as AQ's plot to sway the people from re-electing a bush supporter, and the average American Joe has been enlightened as to AQ's psychology. Fast forward to November 2nd '04, when just prior to, a supposed AQ attack takes place, and the gullible American masses are reminded of Spain. What do you think would be the expected outcome?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Remind all you wish. The idea that the attack on Spain had anything to do with governmental change is nothing more than a propaganda ploy to play to the fear of the masses.

you didnt get my point, no problem i am not here to educate. maybe think a little harder and u will understand the meaning of my post in responce to yours.

to answer your question i think in such a case bush would be reelected. you cant compare the spanish people to the us-people. there were demos prior to the trainbombings with 500.000+ people against the war on irak. the conservatists in spain were not reelected because they tried to fool the people in telling them that local terrorists ETA did the bombings. that was a lie, it was clear from the beginning that alquida was responsible.

@dgtempe

here is a gift to you. maybe u can invent a little story to it for another round of bushbashing.
(oh, rightclick and save!)

[edit on 19-8-2004 by feyd rautha]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Feyd, thank you but i dont need any more pics in my vast data base of Alien memorabilia.

Cool pic, though.

so long

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
They do (did) exist, but they are extreamly hyped up by the US government, now they are labeling any terrorist or millitant as "al qauda".

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha
you didnt get my point, no problem i am not here to educate. maybe think a little harder and u will understand the meaning of my post in responce to yours.

Ya know I'm sorry I just have to comment. Your telling other people to think harder, that you witnessed the events on 9/11 and yet your first post only mentioned 2 buildings being hit.

You may want to try counting again.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
As for Al Quaeda (however you spell it) OBL has been arround for a long time, they were fininced by Regan in the early 80's as a terrorist faction to cause trouble with the Communists. Same period that Regan supplied Saddam with Equipment and funding. 1983 I think it was.

One of the reasons OBL hates us so much is that more funding and support went to Saddam and took some steam out of his holy war. Anyway tye go back before the 90's and there was never any question about their existance.

Wraith

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
you mean that scratch on the pentagon?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join