It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Al Qaeda really exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I came across this article and its left me wondering.

Do you think this group really exists?
Frankly, I dont know any more.Al Qaeda

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
yes it does exist, they flew planes into 2 big houses. some years ago it was in september i think somewhere in america. no doubt about that, their boss is santa claus. thats all i know. i did not read your article but it must be stupid.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by feyd rautha]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Personal attacks in style now?

If you cant reply intelligently, dont bother. This thread is directed at people with a brain. thank you

You and all of your 49 points arent long for ATS if you keep this up.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Al Quieda isnt something "new" after 9/11...Same as Osama....this guy is a nut...plain and simple...I was in italy late last year...and they mentioned Al Quieda on the news almost as much as our stations...as does BCC...if it is "fake"...the conspiracy is beyond belief enormous...which is highly doubtful...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
dg,

If you look closer-he/she has "-"49 points. I agree with you, when looking at responces from people-consider the quality of the person as much as what they have to say.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
dgtempe, i don't want to be harsh or anything, i've seen your past posts and you obviously are an intellectual, but the obsurdity of this article and it's assertion is beyond belief. the article's first few sentences alone are enough to have the author dismissed as a nutcase with an agenda. in those sentences he asserts the bush administration has actually made up the terrorist organization al qaeda. with very little effort you can find out al qeada has history dating back to the 93 world trade center bombing, and further. osama bin laden is also not a made up man, he delcared war on the u.s. in 96. if bush made up al qeada, then why in the hell has clinton and numerous people in HIS administration (i.e. richard clark) spoken about the group. i happen to remember clinton talking about bin laden and al qeada as early as 98. dgtempe, if this piece of crap, lie-filled article is enough to make you wonder, then maybe you don't know as much as i thought you did.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think these ATSNN articles by Valhall are a good place to start in finding an answer to your question.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Both are extremely informative and well written.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
There was a thread on here this morning that was about the speach from a Al-queda member. In the interview this man states that Al-queda is not so much of an organization, but more of a belife... This belife in Al-queda is then shared with the other connected islamic terrorist groups.

EDIT for link:
The part where he talks about the "faith" is about 5-6 paraghaphs down from the start.

...He then confirms that a large number of Al-Qaeda are in Iraq fighting with the "Iraqi resistance". He also states that Al-Qaeda is not an organization in the true sense of the word, but "has become a faith"...

[edit on 8/19/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
In the 90's I was sure that Al-Quaida was a fake ... wag the dog ...
that kind of thing. 9/11 made me take a longer look at what
we had on them. I now fully believe that Al-quaida exhists and
that they want us to cease to exhist. No question.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Do you think this group really exists?

I'm as anti-Bush as they come but I don't believe for one minute that the Bush administration has simply made this group up for any type of war related purposes.

Indeed, Bush and his hawks have been wanting to take out Iraq for many years but the reasons why have more to do with strategic influence and quite possibly easier routes for proposed oil pipelines.

Al-Queda was formed by Bin Laden and his cohorts right before or directly following Gulf War 1 in response to very specific goals that they wanted to achieve. The first was to destabilize the Saudi royal family and install a religious theocracy with himself in charge to some degree. America wasn't initially an enemy of Bin Laden, he actually appreciated us kicking Saddam out of Kuwait. At least thats true according to many sources I have read on him.

The second goal of Al-Queda, destroying the U.S. or forcing them to leave the Gulf region completely, didn't manifest itself until after Gulf War 1. Bin Laden became enraged at the U.S. because we decided to keep our air base open in Saudi Arabia thus making his first goal of destabilising Saudi Arabia that much more difficult. He also considered the presence of 'infidels' on Muslim holy ground, which pretty much covers the entire country of Saudi Arabia, to be an afront to Islam.

While its true that since 9/11 the leadership and cohesiveness of Al-Queda has been greatly damaged or limited, it has become a sort of blanket name for anyone fighting for the 'cause' of Islam and ousting America from the region. In many ways it is now loosely organized with a much more fluid leadership hiearchy that can operate independently to a large extent and re-form if one part of its body is destroyed.

The best comparison I can make is that its pretty close to the way the old Italian Mafia used to work, they all called it the Mafia, or 'our thing' but no one person ruled it all and for any long period of time. If one Mafia boss got 'offed', another person would fill in the slot, keeping the spirit of the organization intact and continuing its criminal activities.

I think at this point thats the type of organization Al-Queda has become, making it next to impossible imo to completely erradicate without some change in our own policies and/or a lessening dependence on oil from that region.

I may be wrong on some details, but that's how I understand the situation to be.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Weller]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thank you for the comments. I think this government will use "Al Qaeda" as a blanket also, this is why im wondering. So many lies have been told I am trying to sift out some of them.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
how do you even get -49 points, that �hits funny.

As for Alkada (the american way of spelling it), I would say Yes, of course they exist along with other terrorist groups but they do the most damaged so they are the most talked about.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
So many lies have been told I am trying to sift out some of them.

I hear ya', there are evil plans afoot by Bush and his cohorts, though he may not view them as such, but no one person has the kind of control that would be required to hatch such a plan, nor has been in a position long enough to have concocted something such as 'creating' Al-Queda.

It is indeed confusing...and scary at the same time.

Take care!

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha
yes it does exist, they flew planes into 2 big houses. some years ago it was in september i think somewhere in america. no doubt about that, their boss is santa claus. thats all i know. i did not read your article but it must be stupid.

Feyhd? ummmm.....

Whats the scoop? How DOES one score a -49? We'd all like to know. Is the -49 for each insult you post? We're all curious.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You may also be interested in this thread where Al-Qaeda is discussed as a general concept rather that one big related group.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
the assumption that al kaida and 9/11 is a setup of the bush administration is something i, as a witness of this tragic events, find insulting.

i, for most of the time, am only a reader on this board thats why i have a low score. i laugh a lot, reading this board. sometimes i feel the need to response especially if i smell a hidden agenda like here(bushbashing on the lowest level, i am not a fan of the man, but going to afghanistan and irak where the right things to do, grazy fanaticsand dictators should have no place on this planet) or on the billy maier thread(moneymaking with completely nonsence) where i insulted michael horn the well known con men, who should be ashamed for discrediting the people who seriously try to find answers if somebody is out there(like seti).

i dont care if i get banned, contributing to this board is of no importance to me. i prefer science.com or randi.org where the discussion is on a more scientific level. but please stay away from these boards with redicolous woowoo-claims without evidence.

and it is not feyhd and the name is not arabic, it is the name of a male character from frank herberts masterpiece dune, that is a book.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by feyd rautha
the assumption that al kaida and 9/11 is a setup of the bush administration is something i, as a witness of this tragic events, find insulting.

i, for most of the time, am only a reader on this board thats why i have a low score. i laugh a lot, reading this board. sometimes i feel the need to response especially if i smell a hidden agenda like here(bushbashing on the lowest level) or on the billy maier thread(moneymaking with completely nonsence) where i insulted michael horn the well known con men, who should be ashamed for discrediting the people who seriously try to find answers if somebody is out there(like seti).

i dont care if i get banned, contributing to this board is of no importance to me. i prefer science.com or randi.org where the discussion is on a more scientific level. but please stay away from these boards with redicolous woowoo-claims without evidence.

and it is not feyhd and the name is not arabic, it is the name of a male character from frank herberts masterpiece dune, that is a book.

Well, at least you're honest enough when you say you dont care if you get banned. Hasta la vista

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes it exists, but to what extent? For two years now we have been told that a full two-thirds of AQ's leadership has been either killed or arrested. Two years without change in that number, yet, we read that the ranks of members has swelled at least three fold. With no recent word from UBL or Al Zawirhi, who commands this increased number? Is it Al Zarqawi, a name which just happens to rise to to the top every time an attack takes place?

But how did he get there, why on earth did he just rise to the top, and why is it that with control of Iraq, he cannot be found?

Bin Laden is probably dead. I have thought that for at least a year now, but the bogeyman needs to be kept alive, for how else is the (perpetual) "war on terrorism" to continue with public support if the mastermind and all of his lieutenants have been eradicated?

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I have thought that for at least a year now, but the bogeyman needs to be kept alive, for how else is the (perpetual) "war on terrorism" to continue with public support if the mastermind and all of his lieutenants have been eradicated?

may i remind of the spanish trainbombings in may.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
You may also be interested in this thread where Al-Qaeda is discussed as a general concept rather that one big related group.

I happen to agree with this statement. Why would one think that Al Qaeda would be a tightly run organisation? If anything, in my opinion, it is a loosely, if at all, formed group of terrorists with no actual hierarchy.

Hierarchy? It's almost silly to think that a terrorist org that like would have a hierarchy in the way we view one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join