It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Releases Statement on Comet Elenin 19AUG2011 (Disinformation?)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well no they cant and wont tell. Its against federal law to release any information, factual or speculative that could possibly panic the public. End of story.

But no there is no comet danger. Or at least not in the way the fearmonger people here will understand it.

Cosmic fluff bubbles popping inside the solar system, comet tail vapor thats charged, Large CME waves.....all of those together can result in the danger they are worried about. But then again its a little different science than watching and plotting space rocks.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I'm sure that would be NASA's official response as well.

Not too comforting if you ask me...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
My opinion on it is this...

If there was an issue and NASA didnt want to create panic they would say nothing untill they were called out on national media/mainstream news/ press confrences by independant and reputable sources.

then they would deny it being an issue and produce Graphs and what not!

that would be the easiest way to prevent panic if there was an issue.

Although there are a few amatuer backyard type astronomers/sudo scientists worried about this... nothing in proper mainstream media about it being anything of concern,

so why then make people aware of somthing there not aware about??

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think amateur astronomers are becoming more and more aware of the situation as it nears. Whether or not that is more towards a comet or something else is debatable.

This guy seems to have a couple of pretty interesting points as far as I'm concerned, but I think I'll still be on the fence until this thing arrives. It was uploaded today as well.

Don't laugh too much at his accent

edit on 19-8-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I say it's Disinfo. From the first blanket statement: "There is NO celestial body that could cause an earthquake".
He is also using the same tone that the teachers use on you at school; that chiding tone we all hate so much.

Also, I laughed when he implied that disaster myth is not based on facts.
edit on 19/8/11 by sigil23 because: to add last line.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Very interesting videos. I love that guys accent in the last video, Made me lol at 1:55 when he said "doooo yuuuu?"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Thanks for posting that video. I've watched his videos for the past few months now and I find him to be credible, respectable, and far from a fearmongerer. I also like the way he pointed out how many times NASA has observed ELEnin. If you ask me, the guy in the NASA video seems desperate to convince the viewer to believe him. Observe the way he uses his hands. He's definitely been trained for public speaking, especially in used car dealer terms. "Watch my hands and buy my snake oil."

By the way, your avatar cracks me up!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Yeah I agree, nothing about what he does signals something untrue. It's evident he's just calling it as he see's it. Maybe it's misinterpretation, maybe it's not...but as the days draw closer, things are becoming stranger and stranger.

Whatever happens, happens...but I do know the world and humanity needs some change.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What people don't realize is that he recorded this video in an underground bunker. The books behind him are the collections for his personal Ark.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
lol sounds like he was hinting at something when he said "...they don't come from the sky."

So its OFFICIAL!!! The REAL culprit is HAARP!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by raiders247
Am I the only one who caught him saying @5:10 "Nibiru, Elenin or any other FICTITIOUS object"...." ???

So is it real or "fictitious"??? He starts the whole interview off by acknowledging that Elenin is a tiny insignificant comet, and then says it is fictitious... unbelievable even for NASA

edit on 8/19/2011 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

The Elenin as a Dangerous Object is fictitious.

The Elenin as your standard comet is real.

A lot of people don't believe NASA anymore. Space program on hold? Layoffs? Don't say there is a secret program. Why keep it secret? More publicity=more money. They would get more money by telling the truth.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I worry some... Did anyone notice that on the 16th of August 2011 this week the planet Venus, Sun, and Earth were in alignment and Japan had a 6.8 earthquake?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

I agree, I think alot more research needs to be done on alignments and solar flares relating to the occurance of earthquakes

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
One Earthquake is coincidence
Two Earthquakes are coincidence
Three Earthquakes makes you wonder

...just sayin
Sep 26-28th I'll be expecting another major quake if the trend continues.. if it doesn't we can stop talking about it...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigil23
I say it's Disinfo. From the first blanket statement: "There is NO celestial body that could cause an earthquake".
Exactly... who died and made him God? No one can possibly say that unless they know everything about every celestial body in the Universe!

He is also using the same tone that the teachers use on you at school; that chiding tone we all hate so much.
Yeah, like a Mr. Rogers wanna-be. Except it's not such a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Plus you could trust Mr. R!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Hello, All:

Well, lets not through Nazi around too much. I mean they where until they got a gun in the face. I would believe a NASA scientist before I believe an arm-chair blogger about how a comet is a brown dwarf star. It's not that I believe everything NASA says. I do believe they hold the truth about Mars. They keep it secret until they have so much data that it comes out their ears. For example water on mars, for a long time NASA stated that it was dry. So lets not get too rapped up in a conspiracy. There fun to read and think about, but sometimes a comet is just a comet.

~Morpheus

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
What I cant understand: If they normally give 0 air time to non issues, how comes they dedicated some time to tell us "nothing is going to happen", kinda reminds me the sentence:"when the gumment tells you everything is fine, is when you start runnig"

Just my 2c

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAncientsKnew

True they are indeed building many bunkers, But,It does not mean that comet elenin is their concern. Im under the impression it's something soon to come.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
"There are many problems in the earth; but, they do not come from the sky."

If this guy works for NASA, he must be in the mail room. How many mass extinctions have been attributed to celestial objects? How many other massive craters can be observed world wide. Whether earth is at risk or not, the BS is pretty deep.

My 19th anniversary is on October 16. Maybe a higher power has decided that I am too good of a person to endure two full decades of relentless nagging and btching. I think I will burn a steak, drink a beer, and sit out back to watch the pretty fireworks.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

NASA is not hiding anything
reply to post by Byrd

Do you mean in general or in this case in particular?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join