It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle and Hollyweird

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

What ever dude, someone bringing up an old topic once and a while won't kill the forum, as I already said I understand the posting of the same thing every month is wrong.

But years? Come on.

I understand that some people use the internet as a good place to try to enforce rules with the power they lack in real life.

All I am saying is that his post informed me of something I was unaware of, he took away some of my ignorance on a matter I was unaware of.

If it was up to all the wannabe mods on ATS I would remain as ignorant on this subject as I had been 1hr ago.

Thank you for your post OP, I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

when jumping in to tell people "it's been done before" you should at least have some links both as proof and a convenient way for those in the thread and who made the thread to navigate to. if you were really concerned about the board being cluttered by redos you'd have alerted the thread and said nothing.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Years? It is years. Going on 5 years as I said. And power that I'm lacking in real life? Now you're turning this into something else that says more about you than me.

This is something that you should take into consideration.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Been coming to ATS Since 08 and became a member a year later, I missed the Dave Chapel on the actor studio post. I read the firehouse, and hot topics, thats about it, Im not gone spend all my time digging through the ATS Back log for obscure post years old.

Im sorry, I don't have that kind of time like some people seem to.

Okay Sorry to the OP, I'm derailing your post, Ill stop now.
edit on 19-8-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by RMFX1

when jumping in to tell people "it's been done before" you should at least have some links both as proof and a convenient way for those in the thread and who made the thread to navigate to. if you were really concerned about the board being cluttered by redos you'd have alerted the thread and said nothing.

Really? would you alert a mod that a thread had been posted that contains content that has been posted before? Seriously? Get off of my back ffs. All I did was inform the OP (not impolitely) tht Dave Chappelle was an old topic. Get a grip.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Alright dude your getting annoying with this.. It's just a thread on a website who really cares? I'm glad i definitely made this thread now because as you and I can clearly both see mostly everybody has not seen this interview. What do you know about making threads any way dude you have only 10 flags lmao..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenOhhTwo

Originally posted by Krystian
What exactly is hollywood conspiring at?

Nobody really knows thats the point, unless your in Hollywood. It just raises some interesting questions as to why a man turns down 50 million dollars and flees to Africa for 6 months. Would you turn down 50 Million?

If I knew that that 50Mil would enslave me and have me lead a life where me or my family could never live in peace, PLUS hating the work that I do because a suit is telling "this will sell" then yes I would turn down 50mil.

He made a decent amount off previous movies and the chappelle show...in fact he is STILL making residuals off that show to this day.

So the answer your questions, if i had a steady income coming in, enough to be able to live comfortably in Jamaica where people treat me as not a celeb but as a human, not to mention I have uncapped access to what Jamaica is known to offer most, and my family in safe keeping, yes i would.

Sometimes that money is just not worth the things you have to do to it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by RMFX1

Really? would you alert a mod that a thread had been posted that contains content that has been posted before? Seriously? Get off of my back ffs. All I did was inform the OP (not impolitely) tht Dave Chappelle was an old topic. Get a grip.

Actually what you have done is successfully hijacked a thread.

Start back on page 1, almost every comment on here has nothing to with what is in the OP, it all has to do with your response to the OP. Weather you like it or not, your first post in this thread was completely off topic. You added absolutely nothing to the topic at hand. You simply posted that it has been on ATS before and he should use the search feature, and that is the job of a MOD, not you. I would also suggest you go back and look at some threads that have come and gone over and over again. Usually after enough time passes, new information comes to light and it gets shared here. Sadly with this thread that wont be the case because everyone is too busy talking about you playing MOD and not the topic of this thread.

Now onto the REAL TOPIC here.....

This interview is really a very good interview. Dave even goes a bit further into his belief that Hollywood is a mess and how easily you can lose yourself and lose sight of what is important in life when companies are tossing more and more money at you...all the while trying to stop you from doing what actually got you noticed to start with in favor of doing entertainment that they (the companies) see fit.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

What exactly is hollywood conspiring at?

Nobody really knows thats the point, unless your in Hollywood. It just raises some interesting questions as to why a man turns down 50 million dollars and flees to Africa for 6 months. Would you turn down 50 Million?

If I knew that that 50Mil would enslave me and have me lead a life where me or my family could never live in peace, PLUS hating the work that I do because a suit is telling "this will sell" then yes I would turn down 50mil.

He made a decent amount off previous movies and the chappelle show...in fact he is STILL making residuals off that show to this day.

So the answer your questions, if i had a steady income coming in, enough to be able to live comfortably in Jamaica where people treat me as not a celeb but as a human, not to mention I have uncapped access to what Jamaica is known to offer most, and my family in safe keeping, yes i would.

Sometimes that money is just not worth the things you have to do to it.

I absolutely agree, money is not everything, and it's very rare and takes a very strong individual like dave to turn it down. It just makes you wonder what really goes on in Hollywood and how much of a puppet they really are.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
That's what Hollywood is, you have to sell you soul to begin with. When you have worked for years upon years you can maybe, if you have enough pull, do something that you want. Even the scripts are gone over to make sure they go along with the propaganda of the network.

People would know this going in, well anyone half smart anyways, they work long hours and have very little family life.

Sure you may, and may is the key word, make a lot of money, but there is a reason why rich people commit suicide, they have finally realized money doesn't make you happy. Which is what Dave Chapelle realized, and spent time in a place where money is not as idolized as here.

Pred...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
That's what Hollywood is, you have to sell you soul to begin with. When you have worked for years upon years you can maybe, if you have enough pull, do something that you want. Even the scripts are gone over to make sure they go along with the propaganda of the network.

People would know this going in, well anyone half smart anyways, they work long hours and have very little family life.

Sure you may, and may is the key word, make a lot of money, but there is a reason why rich people commit suicide, they have finally realized money doesn't make you happy. Which is what Dave Chapelle realized, and spent time in a place where money is not as idolized as here.

Pred...

Great post thank you..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Dude seriously, give it a rest! I have never seen this video before either so I appreciate the op's effort to bring it to my attention. We get it, your so awesomely informed about everything on ATS. I would be too if I lived in my mom's basement and had no job.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Dave is one of my favourite comedians, and the chappelle show was a comedy world beater, he knew what was coming and got out at the right time, good for him..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

I've been here for years and never seen this topic come up. quit being the forum police, and contribute or shut the hell up.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Hey guys whats going on? I happened to come across this interview a while ago with Dave Chappelle on Inside The Actors Studio. It's a very interesting interview to say the least that took place in December of 2005. He conducted the interview after his 5 plus months stay in Africa.. It is documented that Dave turned down a 50 million dollar deal to continue Chappelle's Show. Dave talks about the mysterys of Hollwood, and the Hollywood environment. Here is a part of the interview. ENJOY...

Dave is pretty funny.

From ohio and a real person that didn't sell out.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

No doubt relapse is referring too how he broke away from the Agenda, then relapsed back to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join