Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Workers baked alive in bread factory horror

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Dumbsh** wanted to watch a game on TV. None of this would have happened if he had been responsible. I see things like this and it makes me angry. How do these people get jobs?

I'm thinking that he probably isn't hte only deadbeat in that business. Typically you have a bunch that stick together and lookout for each other. So this kind of thing happens - no one looking.

Is why it's important to get a fresh perspective on things and not just take em on their word.
edit on 19-8-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WoundedByHonesty
I really wish I could say something profound about this, but it's so tragic and pointless that I am having trouble. I hope justice is done, but it seems the world is fresh out of that stuff, so I won't hold my breath. Good find OP!

About the most profound thing we can say is that it appears that much the same is happen in Japan as this instant on a far larger scale.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Industrial accidents are truly awful.. had they followed U.S. (osha) "lockout/tagout procedures the conveyor power disconnect would have been padlocked by the lead maintenance worker with the only key in his pocket.any additional people also attach their personal padlocks to a locking clasp with multiple holes.. and tagged the controls.. It could not have moved.

Sad...

Minimizing"line down"time is a fact of industrial maintenance, working on physically hot parts is very common.Changing the 85lb "dummy block" (piston) on the ram of an aluminum extrusion press requires it first go into a die oven for 15 minutes or so and be brought up around 600F so it expands to fit on the heat expanded bayonet coupling. It requires refractory "heat" Gloves/sleeves and and multiple jackets.

edit on 19-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Cool story, I enjoyed it...

Sure doesn't need to get flagged out the wazoo, though.

So many posts on here are shallow and subscribe to the base instincts, shame this website is even labeled as conspiratorial. Lot's of zombies 'round these parts, Fred.

(Who's Fred?)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
That's sick, if a 12 year old gets 30 years in prison for being an accomplice or however you spell it, whoever sent these guys in that oven should get life in prison without parole.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Death is always unfortunate but these repair guys deserve a Darwin Award. I mean who in their right mind would go into an oven that is hot enough to boil water?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Thank you for the interesting article. It doesn't say, but I wonder if the guys were loafing around beforehand? Who's half baked idea was it to go into a burning hot oven? There kneads to be more to the story. Most importantly, did the company rise to the situation by giving the families lots of dough?

Seriously though, that must have been a horrible situation. I couldn't imagine how they must have felt, being unable to escape. Companies need to find more ways to avoid these types of accidents, instead of trying to bypass safety in order to increase their profits.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

lol wow, strange indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is truly a sad story. It would not matter how much money these families received nothing could replace the men that were lost. All this sorrow just to save so money and you know "cutting corners" to save money is still happening today. My thoughts are with theses mans families.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Not being funny here but wouldn't you kinda notice if you was crawling towards an object of that size if it's temp was 100c?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Apologies, I made a comment without reading the article in full.

I wasn't blaming the guys anyway just found it odd, but I've just read:

But within five minutes they were relaying terrified messages over their walkie-talkies, saying the oven was too hot. There was no way of reversing the belt and they were trapped on its journey through the oven. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Poor fellas...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have worked in a bakery as a summer job and have personal experience with the main ovens...

This is a horror beyond words; the cooking cycle varies, but lasts for 45-60 min depending on the product.

This was not quick or painless, the bread pans rest on a rack that travels in an wave pattern that alternates the racks between direct heat and surrounding air temp.

Even with the burners off, these men would have had lots of time to realize what was about to (slowly) happen to them.

This is horrific.

edit on 20-8-2011 by {davinci} because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by {davinci}

I have no experience of commercial baking ovens so forgive my ignorance, surely there should be some kind of safety features built into this type of equipment to prevent the story we see in the OP????

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I read this story some years ago, can belive it took the courts this long

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Not really.

The only safety in all honesty is to be careful, not wear clothing that can get snagged and let the damn things cool properly.

The gas can be shut off as well as the belts, but if they got caught up inside there is nothing that could be done for them except wait...it's really crowded inside with the racks and other mechanisms.

The ovens are open at the front and back, but it is only a gap large enough from product to enter and exit. Beyond that there are maint. access/doors

The person who sent them in sent them to thier death.
edit on 20-8-2011 by {davinci} because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Accidents happen everywhere, even for something as simple as crossing the street.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is another reason to get rid of this corrupt money system as someone said earlier. The Venus project has a good model, a vast improvement on what we have now at least.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Saying "Baked Alive" in the original headline is just tasteless, IMO...

...no food pun intended.

edit on 20-8-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As a worker, if you feel you are going to be put in a hazardous situation, you should refuse to do it. If they fire you, you are still alive at least. After reading the article, I think it was simple greed, but also the workers were at fault for even considering doing it and not following a safety protocol. When it comes down to it, your safety is your own responsibility and you must refuse to do work that can result in something like this happening, even if it means you lose your job. You can always find a good lawyer who will make them live to regret firing you for such a thing.
edit on 20-8-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
horrible, reminded me of this story I saw recently in the paper.... www.dailymail.co.uk...

these types of stories of what nightmares are made of

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join