It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will be no Disclosure Ever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I don't think there will be disclosure ever, for the simple reason there is nothing to disclose.
All we ever hear on ATS is " we are getting close to disclosure", or " that film was hinting muchly about the existence of Aliens on earth".

I have a theory that says that believers need disclosure to be an unreachable thing , so that they can all hang on to the lie that lots of different species of Alien are presently and historically visiting Earth, and are in league with the American government. There is no proof , we tell them, but then they blame tptb for keeping them in the dark. and so the lie is able to continue.
The only thing the government is guilty of is keeping the lie going to hide their black projects, no better way of hiding a black project aircraft than having it reported as a UFO.

Now here's the clincher, If Aliens really were on Earth as frequently and extensively as some people on here believe. Why would they not disclose themselves! why hide behind a human government.. No they would be out in the open either to befriend us or kill us. The government isn't hiding the Aliens behind a Vail of secrecy, because there is nothing to hide.

And this is coming from a guy with a space avatar??? Call me crazy but I always thought people who were obsessed with Astronomy were also believers of the Extraterestrial. Meh.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Hello Rigel4,

The only acceptable disclosure is for alien crafts to land worldwide. Anything else is useless. You are right, there is no proof that they exist and visit. But there is a lot of evidence pointing towards a serious assumption. Absence of proof isn't proof of absence.

And to be honest, most people don't even care about aliens or UFOs. They care about paying their bills, putting food on the table and raising their families. We care because we follow (or try to) what happens in UFOlogy. Most people don't.

So really, the only acceptable disclosure is for alien crafts to land worldwide.

S&F.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
As a lifelong experiencer, with family members the same, this is absolute BUNIK. The reason has fasicsm at its core and an association that our black ops have with negatives. Also, this is a school and enough people aren't waking up and questioning everything including world wide poverty of billions and wars, the two big KARMA dumps and fails of collective tests. Those are the ones that can make us a comet/meteor magnet, for like unto like, yesterdays behavior gives us the frequency match for todays events, and todays frequency will be tomorrows. Its always a match. In a test where most aren't insisting on changes and disclosure, the teachers don't hand the students out the answers on the tests.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
(this is a repost from one of my threads that i think could be useful here)

The topic of extra-terrestrial visitation and the UFO phenomena, is laden with illogical argument, both pro and con. Both sides, sniff out each other's lack of logical thought and harp on it endlessly. Meanwhile, few (if any) ever change their initial stances, even after being shown the lack of logic in their approach to the topic. I submit to you, the reader, that such behavior is: Totally illogical! Furthermore, it has created alternative thoughts on the alternative thoughts and official thoughts. The net result has been chaos!

We now have variant arguments vying for prominence in the same individual's mind. People, while discussing these topics, have begun to sound a bit schizophrenic. Most of this has been fueled by lack of a standard knowledge platform from which these questions can receive adequate, satisfying answers. Rather, the entire thing is routinely tossed out into the public arena and the contestants allowed to descend on each other with the same playbooks they had 10 years earlier. It's exasperating.

Let's face it: there's no way you're going to convince a logical, sane, well-educated individual, that they did not see that UFO back in 1968. And, alternatively, there's no way you're going to convince a skeptic that you personally witnessed an UFO back in 1968, no matter how hard you try, no matter the evidence you've compiled to support the possibility. Even a video will not suffice (it can be fabricated).

The answers/arguments must be satisfying, intellectually and as a result of serious inquiry and consideration, something you can't glean from repeating the same lines over and over again or beating the same drum, ad nauseum. This is one of several reasons the entire thing has fractured into so many individual niches.

Anyone even remotely interested in the topic has heard about Roswell and all the variant approaches to what happened. But is there a standard review, from which all can draw their own conclusions? Not really. There are as many approaches to Roswell as there are to ways to prepare salad. Few agree on any single feature and some who believe in UFO phenomena, don't believe Roswell stories at all. It's completely disorganized.

So, after reviewing this strange trend and considering potential options, I concluded that a bit of logic is in order. Let's call it a potential, new playbook. Observe:
------------------------------------

For Skeptics

From henceforth, do not engage in anomalous, UFO, ET phenomena discussions, unless you are prepared to do more to prove your point than you did the last time you posted (this is to encourage everyone involved to actually take the topic seriously, thereby remedying the auto-insult implicit in pat answers and the standard disqualifying wave, while clenching science textbook, reverently).

---------------------------------------------

For Pseudo-Skeptics

Avoid using reverse psychology-> ever. again. It just creates more chaos.

---------------------------------------------

For Drive-By Posters

You know the M.O. You arrive in the thread and post one sentence, which usually contains words like "laugh" "farce" "idiots" "why is this thread still open?!!" "hoax", etc.
Whatever you do, don't post in the Aliens/UFO forums. Don't even read them. Just avoid the entire topic like the plague. Your post is not going to do a bit of good, either for or against the issue, and actually wastes space.

-----------------------------------------

For Believers

Don't bring evidence you have seen successfully shot down or swept under the rug, hundreds of times before, unless that evidence is a new approach to the topic with excellent corroborating/supporting evidence. And for the love of all that's honest, don't hoax a video/image to garner support for UFOlogy. Might as well just give up posting videos/images altogether, unless they are so obvious, you'd have to be blind to not see the evidence. Skeptics even ignore anomalies in NASA videos and pretend they can't see anything in NASA images, so expecting this to change because of your personal video/testimony is just wishful thinking.

----------------------------

Use your common sense. If it didn't work the first 1000 times, learn the meaning of futility. Your brain is a learning computer!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Now here's the clincher, If Aliens really were on Earth as frequently and extensively as some people on here believe. Why would they not disclose themselves!

They already have man.

It's up to us to put our big boy pants on and devote more of our energy to forcing our government to start talking like intelligent beings and to quit trying to control and dominate every situation.

I realize that from an individual perspective you are naturally thinking "what can I honestly do?" But no one ever said life was easy..... or did I miss something when I was born...

People spend their time playing videogames, going to school, working on career, their love life, watching tv, going on vacation... Eventually we need to collectively look in the mirror and ask ourselves what our *bleeping* priorities are!!

It's not up to God, aliens, or anyone/anything else to hold our hand on every stepping stone. We are responsible for ourselves!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I don't think there will be disclosure ever, for the simple reason there is nothing to disclose.
All we ever hear on ATS is " we are getting close to disclosure", or " that film was hinting muchly about the existence of Aliens on earth".

I have a theory that says that believers need disclosure to be an unreachable thing , so that they can all hang on to the lie that lots of different species of Alien are presently and historically visiting Earth, and are in league with the American government. There is no proof , we tell them, but then they blame tptb for keeping them in the dark. and so the lie is able to continue.
The only thing the government is guilty of is keeping the lie going to hide their black projects, no better way of hiding a black project aircraft than having it reported as a UFO.

Now here's the clincher, If Aliens really were on Earth as frequently and extensively as some people on here believe. Why would they not disclose themselves! why hide behind a human government.. No they would be out in the open either to befriend us or kill us. The government isn't hiding the Aliens behind a Vail of secrecy, because there is nothing to hide.

And I have a theory that you're a top secret government agent trying to spread disinformation around this site!

Just kidding of course.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I hate to admit it, but there is a possibility in what you are saying.
Because no matter how carfeful they plan, it will certainly generate new problems and a bunch of questions.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thegovernment may not disclose "aliens" to save face. But you have to admit, with all the et content in the movies, t.v it seems like they are prepping us for something to happen, and soon.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
c"mon, show some insight (intelligence) about how governments and businesses operate. If they have a major bombshell, they start spreading thin spin stories of actual fact, but overlayed with layers of dis- and mis-information to conceal the kernal of it all which will eventually be revealed.

Same with Disclosure. that revelation is complicated by the duplicity that they have manufactured for over half a century and the plain fact that we have our own UFOs fleets (triangles) now.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Sadly you are mistaken.
Your black projects (stealth, sr71, silent helicopters, invisibility etc) is actually the front for the very very unusual.

As far as disclosure....its been taking place for over 40 years now

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

I agree,
As an example: reversed E.T. tech...

We the public are probably 40-50 years behind what our Gov. is really flying in the skies... once a craft is shown to the public, it is essentially "moth-balled" as far as truly covert missions go...

Disclosure is a process, not an event.

Unless their hand is forced...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Totally agree here.

Slip information to informationists that can handle it. Something of this nature has been taught to keep in this format.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What's with the glut of Aliens don't exist threads lately? I'm not absolutely sure they do exist, but neither am I absolutely positive that they don't. Here is my response on another thread like this, also answering the question of why they may not have revealed themselves yet:

I wonder how the OP would feel if a government official came out tomorrow flanked by an alien and provided undeniable full disclosure. I wonder if he would:

a) s**t a brick
b) convince himself that it was just government manipulation toward a larger, more nefarious agenda, or
c) say, "What do you know. I guess I was wrong, aliens do exist."

Certainly B would be a believable position and some of what we term UFO's are secret government tech. However I think many people who share the OP's firm opinion on the matter would choose reaction A, and that would not necessarily be a good thing for society until people adjusted to the idea.

Here's a hypothetical for all of those who say, "If they exist, why haven't they fully revealed themselves yet?" Perhaps reaction A is the reason they haven't. Perhaps they have our best interests at heart and are waiting for the society at large to evolve to a point where their presence wouldn't cause widespread panic. And I think as a whole we have. Look at people's reactions to the "War of the Worlds" broadcast and consider how people might react in a similar situation in today's age. In general people are much more sophisticated about such things than they were in the '30's.

Not saying they do or don't exist, but for the sake of argument OP, how would you honestly react if you were to find out you were wrong?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I extend the same challenge to this OP (incidentally, after 23 pages on the other thread that OP still has not answered my question). How would you honestly react if you were to find out you were wrong? (and "I wouldn't because they don't exist is not an answer.)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

I extend the same challenge to this OP (incidentally, after 23 pages on the other thread that OP still has not answered my question). How would you honestly react if you were to find out you were wrong? (and "I wouldn't because they don't exist is not an answer.)

I know that you did not extend this challenge to me but I would like to answer your question with an honest answer.

I for one believe that the sightings or UFO's are secret aircraft projects. I think that possibly the people piloting these things are messing with people...........A bit of disinfo to keep the alien thing alive........Just my opinon there.......I honestly believe that I saw the Shiloh ufo several years back......But I believe it was ours because Scott AFB is pretty close by........

If I find out that indeed aliens are visiting it would really freak me out for a while but I would have to deal with the reality of, it is what it is.........I was trying to think of some posts that I have made on this topic and I do not recall ever calling anyone a liar. I would like to state that I have a theory on abductions also, but that is neither here or now....

People call me an a$$, shill, debunker, jerk, or whatever......I just need the proof and sometimes my people skills are not on the "happy" side. But hey it is late and I am rambling.

ETA: I forgot to add to the topic that i have been saying that I believe disclosure is a myth. Made up from some fanatic like Lazaar or somebody.(I was just using his name as an example)
edit on 20-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: ETA

edit on 20-8-2011 by liejunkie01 because: would like to add that I believe that Ihave never called anybody a liar in the UFO forum

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

I know that you did not extend this challenge to me but I would like to answer your question with an honest answer. I for one believe that the sightings or UFO's are secret aircraft projects. I think that possibly the people piloting these things are messing with people...........A bit of disinfo to keep the alien thing alive........Just my opinon there.......I honestly believe that I saw the Shiloh ufo several years back......But I believe it was ours because Scott AFB is pretty close by........

Your (and anyones) answer to my question are welcome. I just posed it as a challenge to the OP because they come across as so certain that aliens don't exist and I wonder what their answer would be.

I too believe that some (if not most) of the UFO's that people see and abduction stories are actually terrestrially made and projects of the "secret government." However, that still does not preclude the possibility or reality of actual extraterrestrials. Though some may consider this a cop out answer, I believe that some UFO's are manmade and some are of extraterrestrial origin.

If I find out that indeed aliens are visiting it would really freak me out for a while but I would have to deal with the reality of, it is what it is..

I think that this would be the reaction of many people. After all, it would be a serious challenge to the worldview that many people have held for most of their life. The loss of which would not be dealt with lightly.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violence
I think it's pretty obvious that if there were Aliens here on Earth, as to why they would not show themselves.

Many obvious reasons, but I will leave you with one. What would you hope to achieve by letting the world know that Aliens are here, living among us? It could instil huge fear among the human population and great distrust. These days it's hard enough to trust your neighbour, let alone if you knew the possibility of them being an Alien.

The problem in that case would not be "disclosure", but alien infiltration!

And the fear and distrust would be 100% earned by them.

Don't be a reflexive human hater. A priori, humans aren't intrinsically worse, or better, than any ETs, real or hypothetical. However, it is our planet more than it is theirs. If they are coming here and flying around and not telling us (we do have laws about air traffic control & transponders), that's upsetting and wrong. If they are coming here and infiltrating us without disclosure or permission, that's literally criminal.

If we could fly to their planet we would be on our best behavior and we would NOT do that today. We'd ask permission and start relations. If we didn't have any idea about the type of society and how they would react, we would attempt to figure it out.

If ETs are infiltrating us, then they have clearly failed to ask us permission or attempted to understand us, or given a turd about us. Despite some sharp cultural differences around the planet, 100% of human societies reject involuntary and covert infiltration.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
As a lifelong experiencer, with family members the same, this is absolute BUNIK. The reason has fasicsm at its core and an association that our black ops have with negatives. Also, this is a school and enough people aren't waking up and questioning everything including world wide poverty of billions and wars, the two big KARMA dumps and fails of collective tests. Those are the ones that can make us a comet/meteor magnet, for like unto like, yesterdays behavior gives us the frequency match for todays events, and todays frequency will be tomorrows. Its always a match. In a test where most aren't insisting on changes and disclosure, the teachers don't hand the students out the answers on the tests.

if you would be willing to talk about this with me, i'd really appreciate you private messaging me.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Here's a hypothetical for all of those who say, "If they exist, why haven't they fully revealed themselves yet?" Perhaps reaction A is the reason they haven't. Perhaps they have our best interests at heart and are waiting for the society at large to evolve to a point where their presence wouldn't cause widespread panic.

Or maybe they're jerks, and they haven't revealed themselves because, like a burglar, they are doing something to which we would object or resist.

In human land, secrecy is not usually consistent with benign motivations.

Today, humans would not generally freak out about the existence of ETs on Earth. Their existence or presence wouldn't cause widespread panic by itself. The real unknown is their nature, their capabilities, and most importantly their intent and actions.

The problem from "War of the Worlds" panic is not that people are afraid of ETs as ETs (nobody was afraid of _ET-The Extraterrestrial_ the movie), it's that they are afraid of an invasion and war!

I have no idea if ETs are on or have ever been to Earth. I do know that if they have, they have intentionally NOT made open contact and they have hidden their presence, intentions, actions and motivations. It's my right not to enjoy that prospect. And I think others ought to get some spine, without panic or hysteria.
edit on 20-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

What is the need to disclose?

Not that they don't have anything to disclose but..they don't know enough to disclose.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Folk who have seen a genuine "alien" craft in the sky don't really need disclosure because they already know there's something seriously strange going on and to believe that governments have no interest and no idea about that stuff is very naive. Whether they'll tell the rest of the world about it I have no idea. It's up to them but I wish they would.

By "alien" I don't necessarily mean ET, I mean something that appears to be so seriously advanced, that there seems to be nothing like it in the normal world. We could all get a share of if we were ALLOWED to get a closer look into it. It's a scandal really, but the world revolves around greed.

The experiments on people, (unless it's some weird side-effect on the brains of folk nearby this strange technology) should be looked into. If it's deliberate, and man made, it ought to be out-lawed immediately and the culprits caught and tried in court for crimes against humanity. If it's alien, then victims should be given the right support. I know some victims. They're not jokers, neither are they insane. Perhaps disclosure would help them get some proper support?

Mention UFOs and it's like you're telling a joke. Badly. That's a shame.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join