It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple and Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

the fun never ends:

"No one has a right to medical care." -- Ron Paul

www.lewrockwell.com...

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Although I believe everyone should have free access to healthcare, can you point out to me where the constitution gives that "right" to every American?

So isn't Ron Paul correct in saying that it is not a "right"?

Aren't you just grabbing for straws here?

Why don't you post the rest of what Paul said from your link? It puts it in perspective.

edit on 19-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

more fun from fark:

All those newsletters he published about black people being super dangerous to society- were those debunked, or what? Seems like that'd be front and center.

-----

You must check what day it is to find out the answer. I say this because each time Ron Paul is asked about it you get a different excuse. First it was the quotes were taken out of context(!), then it was someone else who wrote it, then it is that Ron Paul only lent his name to the newsletter, and didn't actually get around to reading one for OVER TWENTY YEARS!

But wait, it gets a whole lot better... Then Ron apologized for the content he allegedly didn't write OR read.

The simple fact is nobody has seriously called Ron on the carpet and asked for a comprehensive accounting of how a newsletter Ron didn't read OR write for twenty years(!) somehow makes mention of the author being an elected member of Congress, i.e. Ron Paul. Nor do they ask him about the flawed judgment required to let someone use your name for TWO DECADES and not check up on them. The evidence supplied by Ron Paul himself means he is either a racist or just jaw-droppingly stupid, with very flawed judgment.

But the LULZ really start when you use the Internet Wayback Machine and compare the issues Ron was going after in 2008 to now. For someone who allegedly never changes his policies based on the whims of others... it seems Ron dropped a whole lot of issues (teh crazy) in four years. For example, the "NAFTA Super-highway".

Someone earlier estimated teh crazy in Ron Paul at about 10%, I say that's setting the bar too low by about 30% for Ron himself, and 65% for his Paulettes.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

The fact that Ron Paul authored a bill claiming that the federal government has no business dictating to a State what rules they should follow in the form of religion is Unconstitutional. Here is a law from just one State that Ron Paul thinks should be their right to implement:

Arkansas State Constitution, Article 19 Section 1 ("Miscellaneous Provisions") No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any court.

www.godlessgeeks.com...

Now here is the Ron Pauls law that he proposes:

The Supreme Court of the United States and each Federal court--(1) shall not adjudicate--(A) any claim involving the laws, regulations, or policies of any State or unit of local government relating to the free exercise or establishment of religion:

www.govtrack.us...

Now what the Constitution says about it:

Article VI.
Clause 3
"... but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

Now tell me this isn't Ron Paul trying to force Unconstitutional legislation down the throat of the American people knowing full well it will go to the Supreme Court and be overturned.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and although your getting bashed for yours you are somewhat correct. In the end I'm sure many people would like to see the entire "corrupted temple" crash and burn, but anarchy is never the solution, although I think I would rather enjoy it. There's few things in the world I truly hate, but liars, especially liars who are very powerful and influential, are one of the things I really hate. Unfortunately every politician is a natural born liar. They can lie to thousands of people without thinking twice, so to get one like Ron Paul, who at least steps up and say's what no other candidate, or person in office has the balls to say is impressive, making him the best option.

So to bash on you a bit, what your suggesting is complete and total anarchy, if there is no form of government, then we are talking Private Sector Military Force, and that my friend, is far far far worse than anything this government will do to it's people.

soooo...... VOTE FOR RON PAUL OR DIE

PS: I probably wouldn't enjoy anarchy that much....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

That Arkansas provision is completely unconstitutional. No doubt! Can you provide a link that shows Ron Paul supported that provision?

As for his bill, it simply states that the federal government has no business getting involved in state affairs. Which many people agree with. But everyone still has the right to take it to the supreme court if it is unconstitutional. He is not taking that right away at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Here's the thing: Ron Paul isn't perfect, or the messiah. He's been in public office for far too long for there NOT to be a few skeletons in his closet.

However, what is the better alternative? If we are looking for someone so plastic that they have NEVER said something the wasn't perfect, then we are looking for a droid to be president.

When you have to pick an actual HUMAN, there WILL be flaws.

I admire Ron Paul tremendously. He is a breath of fresh air in the current crop of politicians. No, I don't think he will perform some MIRACLE and SAVE America with his mere fabulousness. But I do think that he is the best chance we have to make positive changes and move in a better direction.

If you hate every person running for office, strictly BECAUSE they are running for office, then your position seems hopeless to me. How in the world do you select a leader that isn't pursuing leadership???

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I don't know if he supported that States legislation or not but that is not the point. The point is that his bill says the courts should not interfere with the State to practice that law which is definetly Unconstitutional. Therefore his bill would allow for States to adhere to Unconstitutional practices.

This shows that Paul doesn not firmly believe in the Constitution but rather the Articles of Confederation where the States had this power.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am not in contrast to Ron Paul in any sort of specific way. That's where the misinterpretation lies. I have no desire to sit and waste time debating who is the correct person to be in charge of the united corporation of America. My standpoint is that politics is an extremely evident attempt to control the masses through perception of choice, when there is no choice. You are voting between a conservative or a liberal. Or a republican or a democrat. Or left wing guy or a right wing guy. It's like asking me to choose between dirt and puke. Yea I have a choice, and I am gonna pick dirt, but does that necessarily mean that dirt is the right choice when I can just as easily have a myriad of other things?

Political parties and affiliations are just an illusion because whether they are on one side or another, yet are all playing for the same team- their own. Republicans pad their wallet. Democrats pad their wallet. What is the difference here?

By claiming that any one stance is right or wrong, you're sacrificing your right as an individual. Take a look at the political parties who controlled the last regimes here in America. Bush was republican, Obama was democrat. Do you see any major changes in the way this country has been run? Are we still fighting wars in the name of "counter terrorism," in countries that have bountiful natural resources for us to pillage when were through "liberating" their people by bombing them to oblivion? General population is who fights in these wars while Barack Obama hides out at camp David with the new validated ability to go to war without approval from congress.

I digress from the point and I apologize, but trying to pin me to one type of person is going to fail because I am an individual. I see the game for what it is, and I think awareness on a site like this isn't too much too ask for. Political stance means nothing when you don't have a voice. Especially when the greater good is commonly mistaken for the wealthy good.

It's all a joke. The political system is a failure. Look at our constitutional rights and how many of them have been exploited and denied since the creation of that document. Freedom of speech? Questionable. Right to bear arms? Most states have had this taken from them. The list goes on and on.

Btw when Ron Paul gets to office do you think he'll repeal the patriot act and stop funding the cias Facebook website to spy on the American people?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

for someone with a copy of the constitution on your avatar you sure as hell dont know much about it, nor do you seem to support whats written on it.....

Ron is right, States rights should be upheld......thats what you are suppose to do in a republic.

Just because one state might be a lil kookie in what they believe isnt everyone elses issue......

And of course you wouldnt find anything that says he supports them, hes a constitutionalist,

This shows that Paul doesn not firmly believe in the Constitution but rather the Articles of Confederation where the States had this power.

(sigh) you fail at understanding the constitution and the founding of this country......do you ever get tired of trolling threads?
edit on 19-8-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
And I also wanted to mention to the person that posted the air Canada plane that you made me laugh lol. That was funny.

And once again so I am not lumped into a category, I am also NOT an anarchist.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, you are all correct. My opinion however is that on a site wherein the majority of people are searching for answers and are attempting to be more aware of the world around them, there is also a majority of people who are seemingly blind to the shackles that contain their minds.

You can't set someone free from a prison they don't know they are in.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I notice you criticize me but fail to criticize any of the points I brought up.

Who is trolling again?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by davewr25
Btw when Ron Paul gets to office do you think he'll repeal the patriot act and stop funding the cias Facebook website to spy on the American people?

I believe that the hope that most of us are holding on to: that Paul is the one legitimate man standing is a cesspool. You'll find few here that disagree with you that the system is broken but that doesn't mean there isn't a good man in it's midst.

If he were elected; the American people might see fit to revolt were he killed in office or turned out to be the Antichrist in sheeps clothing. I believe we believe in Paul because by his very record he appears to be the last thing to believe in. While he may hold the banner of republican he doesnt uphold the standards of the neoconservative plague that has swept over the country.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I notice you criticize me but fail to criticize any of the points I brought up.

Who is trolling again?
\

umm yes i did, how did you miss that i directly addressed the points that you brought up.........I thought it was pretty upfront

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Of course Ron Paul supports them because he his trying to pass legislation allowing them to keep these kookie laws. And it's far more than just one State.

www.godlessgeeks.com...

Keep in mind that these are only laws pertaining to God. States get even kookier as you get into other areas yet Ron Paul wants us to allow States, against the wording of the Constitution, to allow these to become practice.

That is fine if you agree these laws should be implemented than by all means vote for Ron Paul. All I can say is that the Supreme Court will be very busy striking these down one by one.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by davewr25
Ron Paul is not a hero, he is not going to save this country, and he is not being conspired against for the U.S. Presidency. To think otherwise is completely absurd. The fact of the matter is this; he is a politician.

His voting record says he's more than another corrupt politician. His campaign against the TSA also says it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Of course Ron Paul supports them because he his trying to pass legislation allowing them to keep these kookie laws. And it's far more than just one State.

So if i support the 2nd amendment then I support someone who goes out and murders a bunch of people.....

Thats basically what youre saying with the issue with Ron Paul supporting states rights.....

I dunno how your logic dictates that, but its your own problem........

either that or youre trolling..........

But to say that he supports kookie laws just because he supports states rights is seriously lacking critical thinking

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by LargeFries

Although I believe everyone should have free access to healthcare, can you point out to me where the constitution gives that "right" to every American?

So isn't Ron Paul correct in saying that it is not a "right"?

Aren't you just grabbing for straws here?

Why don't you post the rest of what Paul said from your link? It puts it in perspective.

edit on 19-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Where does it say in the Constitution that people have the right to clean water? Kindly point it out to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

.....promote the general welfare."

It's in the preamble

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Do you have anyone better, if your opinion is correct which I doubt, and he is just like any other politician. Then does it matter, I still think he is the best chance for America to turn around regardless of all the misinfo, hearsay, etc...(true or not). I highly doubt you will vote anyway, and if you are please tell us who and why.
(this question applies to anyone who doesn't like Ron Paul, I would like to know your opinions, and views.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join