It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple and Ron Paul

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pumper
Ron Paul is a freaking Creationist. Why would anyone with at least a grain of brain want him to be the president?

Oh, wait, People voted for Sarah Palin as well...

When you've been lowered to attacking a man's faith as a last resort, you know you've lost.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

"Why don't you tell us why we shouldn't vote for a constitutionalist who will restore Americans rights, get us out of our multiple wars, end the Drug War, and audit the federal reserve?"

All of the candidates promise things that they think will get them elected. How about you tell me how he is going to do these things? Or are you suggesting that the president can whatever he wants without the approval of other politicians? Seems to me, you are talking about a dictator here.

"Because he believes in the same thing that the majority of Americans do too?"

No wonder Americans are considered the dumbest nation in the civilized world.

"We're not electing the person who has the greatest scientific understanding of the universe, we're electing a president!"

No, you are electing a person who denies science and then calls himself a scientist when talking about abortion.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Pumper because: missing quote

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In the end the party picks the candidate not the people and the standard approved party hack is usually a
Senator or ex-Governor,not a Congressman,there is no way he'll be selected,also at 75 years of age no matter
how robust he is the job of President would kill him,if he doesn't know that he's a fool.The best he can do is
influence the successful candidate and the Party to support some of his ideas,there are a lot of votes in his ideas to be had.As for a Paul being President its up to the son not the father,the Republicans still have the polling results that suggest Mc Cain lost because he was too old-Paul is even older,so all the hype is much ado about nothing hes not going to get the nomination and cannot win as an independant.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akasirus
Why do you keep calling him Dr. Paul? Using honorifics outside of their professional boundaries serves no purpose, and is kind of pretentious. Ron Paul is not running for President of the Board of Medical Directors. He's not publishing a medical study. Hell, he hasn't even practiced medicine for over 40 years. Frankly it is completely irrelevant to his credentials for president, and just comes across as pedantic.

It is not an honorific, just a professional title. Military officers even after they retire are addressed and referred to using their rank at the time of retirement especially when the rank is a senior one and they would be happy to be addressed as such. It doesn't have to have any relevance to the topic on hand. Respecting a person's achievement in a field is not pedantic.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I'll keep an eye on how people will react (if he will be elected) when all of the science subject will be banned from American schools and replaced with "Creation Science".

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Pumper

All of the candidates promise things that they think will get them elected. How about you tell me how he is going to do these things? Or are you suggesting that the president can whatever he wants without the approval of other politicians? Seems to me, you are talking about a dictator here.
With that logic, how can any president do anything that they say they will do? I'm not talking about a dictator, I'm talking about a president.

No, you are electing a person who denies science and then calls himself a scientist when talking about abortion.
I'll ask it again since you ignored it in my last post, can you tell me what Republican candidate is an atheist? Is Obama an atheist? This weak argument you're using to bash Ron Paul could be used on any presidential candidate.

When he talks about abortion, what I've heard him say is "I walked in the room, they pulled out the baby and it was crying, and they put it in a bucket, let it die in the corner, and pretended like nothing happened" or something along those lines.

Can you cite some examples where Ron Paul calls himself a scientist when takling about abortion? I just hear him talk about his own personal experience, and the idea that if somebody shoots a pregnant woman in the stomach they're considered a murderer for killing a baby, but when a doctor does it it's an abortion.

I've always been cool with abortions and thought if someone wants to have one, let them have one, but I gotta say Ron Paul really changed my views on it.
edit on 21-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pumper

I'll keep an eye on how people will react (if he will be elected) when all of the science subject will be banned from American schools and replaced with "Creation Science".
When has he said that he will replace science with creationism? You are completely delusional and blinded by your irrational hatred for Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
In the end the party picks the candidate not the people and the standard approved party hack is usually a
Senator or ex-Governor,not a Congressman,there is no way he'll be selected,also at 75 years of age no matter
how robust he is the job of President would kill him,if he doesn't know that he's a fool.The best he can do is
influence the successful candidate and the Party to support some of his ideas,there are a lot of votes in his ideas to be had.As for a Paul being President its up to the son not the father,the Republicans still have the polling results that suggest Mc Cain lost because he was too old-Paul is even older,so all the hype is much ado about nothing hes not going to get the nomination and cannot win as an independant.

Actually Dr. Paul rides his bike 20 miles a day. People live to be 95+ in todays society, and last time I checked, you can only be president for 8 years. He probably could take you in a triathlon. He might not be able.to beat your level 70 warlock though.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RonPaul2012

Theres always level 90 warlocks to keep me in check
,I like Ron Paul and what he stands for and wish him well but am worried hes on a path that could wreck him more ways than just health wise

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pumper

He isn't any more christian than almost ALL of our past presidents. When has our education system been compromised in this particular sense?

You're coockoo for coco puffs man...

If you're going to try to pick apart a man's integrity, Ron Paul should've been the last one on your list.

P.S. I haven't seen anybody bring up Ron Paul and santanism free masonry, and illuminati in a while, you might want to try that too! Don't forget to attach the picture of him throwin up the sign language for love!

I feel like I'm at the zoo today, fed the trolls too much...
edit on 21-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
There are like 10 threads in the front page about Ron Paul....ADs promoting Ron Paul...

can someone tell me how to hide POLITICAL threads?? i had enough of Ron Paul propaganda.
edit on 20-8-2011 by WXBackdoor because: (no reason given)

Which propaganda would better suit you? Obama propaganda? Palin Propaganda?

How about no political propaganda at all!!!.

I'm not interested in politics,i have no political affiliation..IM NOT EVEN AMERICAN!!..i simply don't care.

I joined ATS for UFOs,etc.. instead i got a political propaganda machine.
edit on 20-8-2011 by WXBackdoor because: (no reason given)

Well, this site is very topical. When there are no elections, you see more UFO stuff. Plus, you get the disinfo monkeys out during election cycles to do damage control.

Hell, I haven't seen a post about ghosts in months.

edit on 21-8-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by davewr25
I do not support anarchism as I fully understand the need for structure and guidance in most individuals.

I would urge recognition of the fact that individuals need external guidance, as representing a deficiency on the part of said individuals.

While it is true that individuals are completely unwilling to positively self-manage, then yes, the state will continue to be a necessary evil. It is undesirable, however, and in my mind we should continue to try and work toward a point where it can be safely discarded.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by MiloNickels

milo, not everyone is a freeloader. Some people do take help when needed and repect the system. I dont think those kids that are being popped out should be punished either, they didnt ask to be born. I would not want to see those children starve or not have health care just beause thier parents are freeloaders, if in fact they are. Like I said some people really do need the help sometimes. A very wise man explained to fee how free health care and human services are a non issue in the UK. Its just know that helping people is right, and have officials that carry that out for them.

You cannot throw out a barrel of apple beacause there are a few rotten ones. Ron Paul wants to throw out the barrels, and say to hell with the poor. And of all times in history when real hardworking people are struggling to save thier homes, eat, and survive. Many dont have homes and need government help because jobs are hard to find in some areas. As for government forcing us, we the people elected these people with these ideals, so they are not forced upon us. The majority has accepted these programs and are accepting them.

------------------
First of all, Ron Paul realizes that over the years some people have become dependent on government to get by...I'm not talking about people who recently lost jobs/homes/whatever and must resort to food stamps or other temporary help. He will admit that he is against this dependency, but you must realize that most of his policies are about returning power to the states, which is how our country was originally founded.

You must also realize that he doesn't expect everyone to agree with him, and as a strict Constitutionalist he would only do what the Constitution allows him to do--like bringing home the Troops. Most things would have to get cleared through Congress. He would not, however, sign any new bill that was Un-Constitutional.

Anyway, he wants to end all these wars and use some of the money saved there to prop up these entitlement programs. SLOWLY, over time, he wants to do away with them. If his policies were enacted and income tax were done away with, etc. maybe even some of those who have spent a lifetime on welfare would want to return to work...since they'd be keeping their whole check. If he can get his policies enacted about government keeping their noses out of business, jobs would explode here. At the very least, the next generation of welfare recipients would not NEED to go on welfare since there'd be an abundance of jobs.

All these un-Constitutional job rules/regulations by government cost money, push jobs out of the country, or make employers here unable to afford more workers or leery to hire new employees because who knows what new law is going be enacted next week. If Congress, etc. followed the Constitution, we would not be in the mess we're in.

Paul also wants to SLOWLY change the SS system over time, upping the age, allowing the younger people to opt out.

None of his policies would affect anyone currently on welfare or currently on SS, like I said, slow transition.

I really wish people would do very thorough research on Ron Paul. He loves this country, and cares about its people, including you. He truly works for We the People, not special interests. He predicted this economic mess well in advance, has solutions, and is exactly what this country needs to get turned around.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
An important thing to realize is that Ron Paul, if he is elected, SHOULD NOT be seen as the savior or anything like that but rather a large step foward to true prosperity against the globalist machine.

IT IS STILL UP TO THE MASSES TO PUSH FORWARD. Just because he is president DOES NOT mean that everything will automatically get better, no...we need to make sure it does as human beings.

In any case...it wouldnt hurt having a good man in a powerful position. We need to make sure it happens.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak

Originally posted by bftroop

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by LargeFries

Although I believe everyone should have free access to healthcare, can you point out to me where the constitution gives that "right" to every American?

So isn't Ron Paul correct in saying that it is not a "right"?

Aren't you just grabbing for straws here?

Why don't you post the rest of what Paul said from your link? It puts it in perspective.

edit on 19-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Where does it say in the Constitution that people have the right to clean water? Kindly point it out to me.

Where does it say you have to pay taxes!?

What is your point?

Well the constitution doesn't say anything about water which we have. It also doesn't say anything about paying taxes. But we do and we go to jail if we don't. But to our dismay not having clean water is not against the law. What is your point exactly.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

People are basically afraid to take accountability for their own nation.

Certain people say their support Ron Paul but say they are reserved in their faith because they want HIM to be at fault when nothing happens.

Taking down this goliath isn't a 1 man job.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by Jugtalicus

People are basically afraid to take accountability for their own nation.

Certain people say their support Ron Paul but say they are reserved in their faith because they want HIM to be at fault when nothing happens.

Taking down this goliath isn't a 1 man job.

Absolutely...and to be honest from the people that ive spoken to who support Ron Paul, they all agree that its not just the man himself but rather his message that is vastly more important.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by LargeFries

Although I believe everyone should have free access to healthcare, can you point out to me where the constitution gives that "right" to every American?

So isn't Ron Paul correct in saying that it is not a "right"?

Aren't you just grabbing for straws here?

Why don't you post the rest of what Paul said from your link? It puts it in perspective.

edit on 19-8-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

Where does it say in the Constitution that people have the right to clean water? Kindly point it out to me.

Where does it say you have to pay taxes!?

What is your point?

Well the constitution doesn't say anything about water which we have. It also doesn't say anything about paying taxes. But we do and we go to jail if we don't. But to our dismay not having clean water is not against the law. What is your point exactly.

If you can't grasp my point then there is no point in me wasting time explaining it to you.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

Another valid point well said. The current system is going to be impossible to break free from though. Can you imagine how hard it would be to convince everyone to not vote or to openly oppose it? I think it'd be far easier to get a majority to vote for one man, which is what happens now.

I honestly can't think of any way to break out of this system just now, but I'm not entirely sure we need to. I love Ron's ideas about smaller government, it makes so much sense. If he can't get that passed then, at the very least, he will get the idea out. If he gets in, we'll have 4 years of the POTUS teaching people the reasons why things got so bad.

I, like many others, hope he can make big changes, but if he can't at least everyone can say they voted in someone the genuinely believed in. Someone that inspired hope.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

He didn't accomplish anything he said he would because he just wanted the sheeples trust. Ron Paul is no different.

That is simply not true. Obama accomplished many of the things he said he would. Of course there are things that he did not accomplish but to say he didn't accomplish anything is pure dishonesty. Even the most partisan hack will admit to the fact that the 2008 to 2010 congress and presidency was a historic one because of the amount of legislation that they got passed. They admit it whether they agree with the legislation or not.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join