It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple and Ron Paul

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
While I like Ron Paul very much, if you follow the rules of choosing the lesser evil Ron Paul seems like the lesser.
Perry is a nutter religious freak who thinks we can pray away the problems and doesn't believe in global warming.
Bachmann is another religious freak who has skewed views on slavery and homosexuality.
Palin...well she's mostly an idiot on all accounts.
And Romney I honestly haven't paid much attention to, but I can say I don't like him.
These are all opinions I hold about the candidates, which is the amazing thing that I can have these opinions.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I always thought if you think too much and use the word "sheeple", you're probably one yourself.

It's a stupid word.

ATS is over exaggerating Ron Paul just like aliens or anything else. There will always be people that get interested in things to an infinite extent and another group of people that want to bash it to the other end of the spectrum.

Though, if you listen to the man you can figure out that he is talking about more than the normal rabble of bs. There is a reason why everyone is taking a liking to him.
edit on 20-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by davewr25

Just like most all the Ron Paul haters here, signed up in the last few months with barely any posts and an axe to grind against the old doctor.

The reason you can't see Ron Paul for what he is-is the same reason why you thought Obama was the real change, you're easily influenced and ride every wave you see. Many here at ATS can see beyond that and when we see a real candidate like Ron Paul, we back him. Did ATS back Obama? NO.

Keep it up! you're not changing any minds, trust me.

Google Ron Paul, go do your due diligence and if you think the future of America is that grim, why don't you move to another country?

Don't even dare compare Ron Paul and Obama. Obama ran a campaign on charm, we all knew this already and his voting record has nothing on Ron Paul.
edit on 20-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

How is Ron the lesser evil? what in the last 30 years has he done against the Constitution?

Bring some proof to the table, when we're talking about the lesser evil we're talking about the establishment candidate vs another establishment candidate that looks a little better than the last.

Ron Paul anything but establishment, a man that stands on principle for decades upon decades.

What other Presidential candidate has fought the Federal Reserve? Income tax? Militarism? Big government? Inflation? for our personal liberties? property rights? sound money? WHAT?

Ron Paul is here to restore America, nobody says it can be done in 4 years but it is a step in the right direction. Sacrifice is necessary for change and we haven't seen any sacrifice since Obama came into office thus there is no change.

edit on 20-8-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davewr25
And you wanna talk about naivety? To me? You are the one with that problem clearly because if you believe in the "American" way, you must be wealthy because that is the only American way. That and bombing countries in the name of counter terrorism when it's really just terrorism.

I was able to talk circles around you even when I was actually an infant, done.

You aint talked circles round me boy. The American way is believing in The Constitution, you Amendment rights, hope peace and happiness. You can believe in something with out it actually working. And yes I am quite wealthy. It could be the fact that I do not pay any taxes what so ever since I am a sovereign citizen. But that does not mean I does not have American pride. It just means that I protect myself from the corrupt American Government the best I can. I protect myself from The bnankers stealing my money. It means I dont have to pay traffic tickets or be documented as a cocky mamy bull# licensed driver. It means that you cant sue me, the government cant sue me. It means that THE BANKERS AND TPTB HAVE PAYED OFF MY DEBTS by means of debt bonds. It means that I can walk into any bank I want and ask for these bonds and refusal means that that bank would have do deal with stacks of paperwork and the American court system. It means that no one man or court can decide my fate. It also means that I am part of an "extremist anti-government group" according to the FBI. It means that I can smoke my mary jane and big brother cant do # about it. It means that I can grow my mary jane and big brother cant do # about it. It means that I have disconnected myself from the public civil government and bull# reaches of the TPTB. It means although I still pay, that I dont have to pay my mortgage and no body can do # about it. And I am surprised that all ATS members have not done this. It means I have my civil liberties I have my civil rights IT MEANS THAT I AM A REAL AMERICAN AND HAVE THE RIGHTS OF LIFE AND LIBERTY FREEDOM HAPPINESS AND THE TRUE AMERICAN WAY AS IT IS DESCRIBED IN THE CONSTITUTION AND THE AMERICAN AMENDMENT RIGHTS THAT WERE GIVEN TO ME AS A BIRTH RIGHT. Even if I am no longer an American citizen I am more free than probably everyone on this damn site. iT MEANS THAT YOU DONT AND THAT YOU ARE NO AMERICAN CITIZEN BUT RATHER AND AMERICAN CAPTIVE.

Like I said arrogant little infant. Nuff said... DONE.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Guys this is a trolling thread, don't give it anymore attention.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Not only are they not letting RP in the media, now they are sending these paid trolls to come here and do a whole smear campaign on him..... Who uses the word "sheeple" anymore? why is it that all the people bashing RP are newer user accounts? A conspiracy within a conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I hate the word "sheeple" because the people that use it are basically trying to assert some type of importance over themselves. The same people who make themselves out to be superior to others and take pride in knowing something that they perceive to be important because the average joe doesn't. As for this post, sounds to me like you have concocted a pretty ridiculous reason to hate on Ron Paul, and have probably never seen a single one of his political videos.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
shhhhh....do you remember where you are? This is ATS where you're not allowed to have an opposing view of Ron Paul for fear of being called a "troll" or accused of being a moron.
Now go to your corner OR type:
"RON PAUL 2012!" and collect your stars...
Sorry, you have no other option

edit on 20-8-2011 by hyperenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Our site admin started this thread, 1988 Ron Paul talks about the financial and political elite:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yea, I'm sure Ron Paul, the masonic and illluminati megalord is dropping hints in 1988, afterall they love giving us clues.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
by posting here we are giving these threads power they should not have.. this should not even be in the front page.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I agree.I have no faith in any person running for such a position. I'd rather wait and see. I'd rather see him bleed for the masses before excepting him as real.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Well my post was in direct response to OP, so the "lesser evil" was directly tailored towards OP.
I in no way suggest that RP is unconstitutional, you seem to have misinterpreted my whole post.
I will amend my first statement and say "Ron Paul is an awesome man who stands on principle for decades upon decades, who has fought the federal reserve, income tax, Militarism, Big government, Inflation, for our personal liberties, property rights, and sound money." because I agree with everything you said.

OP was suggesting that it's a lose/lose situation in all elections, so I was simply saying "well pick the lesser evil".

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Whats up with all these newbs making accounts to bash Ron Paul? Nothing new to see here folks.

Coming up on an election year with an embattled party desperately trying to hold on to what's left of their power, they have to pull out all the stops. That includes trolling sites that overwhelmingly support the only candidate that can put this derailed train back on it's tracks, and try to minimize the fact that he's even more popular than he was 4 years ago. I smell desperation in the air, and it smells sweet.
edit on 8/20/2011 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

This thread is stupid. How are you even going to compare RP witb Obama, Bush, Romney, Perry, etc.? Some people aren't slaves to money like the greedy elite. Some people have morals, and believe in the foundation of America. You ever think that maybe a man would like to do something positive before he leaves this world? Maybe some people thought Obama was the "savior" in 2008, but I wasn't one of then. Ron Paul 2012.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

davewr25, here is a follow-up letter to my previous post. i thought you would get a good laugh from it as well, as pathetic as the truth is:

Rhino_man: Why does Ron Paul hate the Constitution?

In 2009, he authored a bill that would have allowed the states to establish government churches and to persecute and discriminate based upon religion or sexual preference. It also would have stripped the Judiciary branch of its power to rule on the Constitutionality of state laws, something which is enumerated in the Constitution.

Holy Fark! I thought you were talking out your ass for a moment and then went and actually read the bill..
We the People Act - Prohibits the Supreme Court and each federal court from adjudicating any claim or relying on judicial decisions involving: (1) state or local laws, regulations, or policies concerning the free exercise or establishment of religion; (2) the right of privacy, including issues of sexual practices, orientation, or reproduction; or (3) the right to marry without regard to sex or sexual orientation where based upon equal protection of the laws. Allows the Supreme Court and the federal courts to determine the constitutionality of federal statutes, administrative rules, or procedures in considering cases arising under the Constitution. Prohibits the Supreme Court and the federal courts from issuing any ruling that appropriates or expends money, imposes taxes, or otherwise interferes with the legislative functions or administrative discretion of the states. Authorizes any party or intervener in matters before any federal court, including the Supreme Court, to challenge the jurisdiction of the court under this Act. Provides that the violation of this Act by any justice or judge is an impeachable offense and a material breach of good behavior subject to removal. Negates as binding precedent on the state courts any federal court decision that relates to an issue removed from federal jurisdiction by this Act.

That's scary. It completely breaks the separation of powers and would basically enable states to trample on protected rights as they see fit.

WTF happened Ron Paul? You used to be cool.

Read it again. "We the People Act - Prohibits the Supreme Court and each federal court from adjudicating any claim or relying on judicial decisions involving: (1) state or local laws, regulations, or policies concerning the free exercise or establishment of religion;"
The intent of this Act was to get the Federal Gov and it's courts out of State and Local business. That's how you reduce the size of governemt and return to a Constitution-sound government.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not like Obama.

Ron Paul is articulate, he has a LOT to say on any given matter. He's incredibly intelligent and well-spoken, and he typically mops the floor in any debate against his competitors.

Obama is not articulate. He's a slogan man. All he did for the election was throw out zingers and catchy one-liner slogans so all the sheeple could chant in unison. All he can do is make "excuses", and blame everyone else for the problems he doesn't attempt to solve.

While Ron Paul may not "change" this country, or be a hero for that matter, he's still within reason, the best candidate the US has had in about 15 years. It's too bad he's getting up there in age, and his son isn't that great in my opinion.

I really don't believe in the presidency anymore, and even if Ron Paul were president, it probably wouldn't change my outlook much, but he's still the Best possible choice for anyone with half a mind in politics. That's just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by davewr25

In summary, Ron Paul sucks. Just like Obama. Just like bush. Get over it. No matter who you "vote" for, we all lose.

Forget to take your schizophrenia medication or something?(This isn't an insult but a legitimate question based upon the OP's projections and grandiose mentality of expecting everyone to think like him/her). Either way please seek help because you sound like you need it.

Ron Paul isn't the end all be all granted. But he will say no for 4 years to an over sized federal government. In that 4 years more greedy seniors and baby losers will be removed from the voting booth via nature. It gives us younger generations a chance to set our own future without further interference from the older, corrupt and decadent generations that only have evil pumping through their hearts and shouldn't be allowed to vote or run for office but I digress(they really need to lower the age for the Presidency and Senate to 26 or 28).

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a freaking Creationist. Why would anyone with at least a grain of brain want him to be the president?

Oh, wait, People voted for Sarah Palin as well...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pumper

Ron Paul is a freaking Creationist. Why would anyone with at least a grain of brain want him to be the president?

Oh, wait, People voted for Sarah Palin as well...
Wow you anti-Ron Paul trolls get lamer every day.

He's a creatonist? That's your reason why we shouldn't vote for him? Point me to an atheist Republican candidate please

How about you address his stance on issues? Why don't you tell us why we shouldn't vote for a constitutionalist who will restore Americans rights, get us out of our multiple wars, end the Drug War, and audit the federal reserve? Because he believes in the same thing that the majority of Americans do too?

We're not electing the person who has the greatest scientific understanding of the universe, we're electing a president!
edit on 21-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join