It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

newest sport; hi tech hog hunting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
feral hogs are overrunning America, especially in the south and west.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

some folks in Texas are offering hi-tech hunts that entertain sportsmen and get rid of the pests.

online.wsj.com...

"I believe every man in the U.S. has a tactical gene," said Rod Pinkston, an Army veteran and former Olympic sharp-shooting coach whose Jager Pro guide service conducts high-tech hog hunts in western Georgia. "They've always wanted to be a soldier, a SWAT team member. We're the closest thing to combat that these guys are ever going to experience."

sign me up! I think it's a win-win great idea. those things are unnatural and destructive.
exotic/misplaced animals are a plague.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

Your a plague.
Leave the Hogs alone.
What have they done to you?

edit on 19-8-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is good. More wild life to hunt when SHTF

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by works4dhs

Your a plague.
Leave the Hogs alone.
What have they done to you?

edit on 19-8-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

An introduced species, they deprive wildlife like white-tailed deer of their habitat.

Plus, I have heard they are quite tasty. I am hoping to cure my own wild ham this autumn

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

"They've always wanted to be a soldier, a SWAT team member. We're the closest thing to combat that these guys are ever going to experience."

sign me up!

arent you embaressed to say that?
well done, you can outsmart a pig.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Are they 100 percent sure these are Porcine?
that none of these are walking on two legs, wearing sweats, and lined up at the drive-thru feeding troughs?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus

"They've always wanted to be a soldier, a SWAT team member. We're the closest thing to combat that these guys are ever going to experience."

sign me up!

arent you embaressed to say that?
well done, you can outsmart a pig.

You've never been hog hunting. They are smarter than any other animal except a dolphin. Far smarter than a dog or horse or even a monkey. Their snout gives them an incredible sense of smell--as good as a deer. They can detect and foil traps as well as any fox or coyote.

They pose enough of a danger that in much of east texas, workers will not go out in the woods alone without a pistol.

I have a friend who was surprised by, and gored in the thigh, by a boar---he almost bled to death, and will walk with a limp for the rest of his life. The encounter lasted less than 20 seconds.

City people have no idea what the hell the natural world is really like.

Texas Legislature ponders helicopters for hog-hunters

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

Much gross ignorance displayed here about feral hogs. They are sweeping the country.
They are little, biological bulldozers.
Those tough snouts can uproot small trees, yards, fences and while fields of crops overnight.
There is never any doubt when they have been at work.

Outside of man, about the most destructive animal known in their quest for a meal.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
For those siding with Feral Hogs ,you have never confronted some
second the ground they root desecrates he land and nothing will grow there but sticker bushes and nothing else not even grass will grow there again.

top topics

join