It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for ANONYMOUS:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As some here may know, I am not [color=FF0000]yet a supporter of "anonymous" actions.
While i would like to beleive that thier intentions are worthy of all of our support, for me, there are too many questions unanswered.

My hope is that any member of anonymous who would read this understands that this thread is not intended as a flame nor as a promotion of said activities, merely a means of addressing concerns that have developed.
I also hope that any member of anonymous would embrace this idea in order to better convey thier message to people who may share this concern.

Some may say my reasons are invalid but i will show why i feel the way i do as best i can;
ATS content
ATS content

Though most of my suspicions originated from the information in this thread, from before anonymous grew to what it is now (publicly)
ATS content

While most of this information is subjective and the sources reliability are unknown to me i still think it something to at least concider, and in addition, i find that many other people(in and outside of ATS) also have thier doubts and suspicions.

So, Anonymous, here is your chance to show people your intentions are what you say, its easy, like an interview, an opportunity for the "collective" to appeal to the public.
[color=FDD017]I also urge other members who read this to add thier input and inquiries whether for or against the cause.

Here are some questions i have;
[color=6698FF]Given the information in the above links;

[color=FFFF00]Are there members of the collective who beleive that there may be rogue hackers either inside or out of the group working with or for any government groups such as the CIA, FBI ect.?

[color=FFFF00]If so, is there anything that the collective can do to ensure that those individuals/groups do not succeed?

[color=FFFF00]Is there any effort withing the collective to either confirm or disprove these accusations?

[color=6698FF]Given the reports and instances of the theft and misuse of personal and financial information[color=FF0000]"allegedly"[color=6698FF] taken during some of the past operations;
'Anonymous' hacks US law enforcement sites, steals data

"The loose-knit international hacking collective posted a cache of data to the Internet early Saturday, including emails stolen from officers, tips which appeared to come from members of the public, credit card numbers and other information."

Anonymous Strikes Deus Ex, Eidos Websites

"Chat logs obtained by KrebsOnSecurity.com reveal that the hackers possibly stole source code of several Eidos titles (including the new Deus Ex), around 9,000 resumes, and the personal info of at least 80,000 users registered with the Deus Ex website."...
"There are also threats that the solen information will be released online for other malicious hackers to use and enjoy."

Hacker Raids Sony Videogame Network

"A hacker stole the names, birth dates and possibly credit-card numbers for 77 million people who play online videogames through Sony Corp.'s PlayStation console"

[color=FFFF00]Are there members of the collective who are concerned about this type of activity?

[color=FFFF00]If so, are there any members of the collective who maintain the interest of protecting the public and are doing anything to protect those people?

Im gonna leave it at that for now, but i know that more questions will arise, i hope that any member of anonymous who chooses to take the time to address these concerns will ask other members to come and add thier insight as well.

I also ask that anyone who reads this who may have questions or concerns add those perspectives to the conversation.

[color=green1]Thanks in advance to all who take part

edit on 19-8-2011 by RadicalRebel because: to correct format

edit on 19/8/11 by masqua because: Partially edited All Caps in title

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
you really don't get it do you?

If one would hack, crack or wack a server for whatever reasons why not do it anonymously...

It's NOT a collective, it's anonymous.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FriendlyGopher

is your only issue the term i choose to use as reference for anonymous?
To quote from the Anonymous catch phrase; "WE are anonymous", "we" indicating more than one or a group...
COLLECTIVE

A collective is a group of entities that share or are motivated by at least one common issue or interest, or work together on a specific project(s) to achieve a common objective

sorry that bothered you, ill try to be more conciderate in the future.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Although Anonymous does not have a central leadership you can contact the more active members on the IRC Server they use irc.anonnet.org... or if you do not have an irc client like mirc you could just use the web based client anonnet.org...

anon has come a long way since its beginnings and i hope that the idea is going to do alot of good but there is still alot of media hype and public misunderstanding what the whole idea is about.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

in this case "We Are Anonymous" is not meaning we as in a group it means we as in everybody me, you, them Anonymous is an ideal kind of like the war on terror thats why i always laugh when people say that they will be able to stop Anonymous because it is impossible to stop an idea.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I myself have moderately high hopes for anonymous. I don't want to be too enthused about what they are doing because, just like you, I have some doubts about their true motives. If they do want to crush or enlighten the currupt and help the little guy rise up through adversity then I'm all for it. But they must stay the path. I know collateral damage will ensue, but please try to keep it at a minimum.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BinaryG
Although Anonymous does not have a central leadership you can contact the more active members on the IRC Server they use irc.anonnet.org... or if you do not have an irc client like mirc you could just use the web based client anonnet.org...

Thanks for adding the links, wasnt aware of those resources

Originally posted by XLR8R
I myself have moderately high hopes for anonymous. I don't want to be too enthused about what they are doing because, just like you, I have some doubts about their true motives. If they do want to crush or enlighten the currupt and help the little guy rise up through adversity then I'm all for it. But they must stay the path. I know collateral damage will ensue, but please try to keep it at a minimum.

My sentiments exactly, though i would prefer there be no collateral damages, i suppose though that is not going to be possible but i can still hope, at least no one will be killed by thier "hacktivist" actions...(knock on wood
)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
if you want to view some true hackivists the Peoples Liberation Front are doing things for all the right reasons and are not interested in the media spot light although CommanderX has done a few things for tv,
but fame or bragging rights is not why the PLF have been doing this kind of thing. they have been doing it since the 70`s before it was cool here is some of their past and current campaigns.
PLF Campaigns
edit on 19-8-2011 by BinaryG because: bad grammer

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

I joined annononous, but after reading their views reasoning and logic, I havent decided if im with or against them yet. I do know they are planning a protest in DC very soon. I want to go to it, but not for the wrong reasons. Im at a crossroads with ann, my reasons for protest are, falling economy, no jobs, homelessness is increasing, debt is increasing, they are all corrupt I want them all out.
I half think annonomous is government founded. They are out to destroy the surroundings. start riots in the streets and havent layed out their platform as to their actions.
I would like to see DC protest but not in a rioting way.
We americans need to flood to DC by the millions stand in the streets and yell to them, "We dont want you in our house anymore GET OUT" until our voice is heard, or until they change their das"turd"ly ways.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Protests in DC would be fantastic if they were well thought out and organized, but after seeing Anonymous in support of furthering the destructive riots in England i dont think that is the protest i will be attending.

Then i think "that is exactly what they want"
Anyone in opposition to the idea of protests and expression in respects to constitutional rights, loves it that people like me question those that are really the only ones out there promoting those ideas, and that makes me want to go even more...
Then i think "Somewhere in Anon is a member (or group) in the gov. and they are setting these people up for a sad day (rounded up, detained, ID'd, watchlisted ect.).

facepalm

I really wish i knew who was who and what thier real intentions were

top topics

join