It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHINA - A Threat More Than Ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
For decades maybe centuries, China has been a threat to the west. The two main factors being;

1. They're huge in state and population.
2. Throughout history they hardly engaged in many relations, not just the west, but most of the world.

China was becoming increasingly impoverish throughout the 19th century leading into the 20th. This brought about regional conflict between warlords struggling for power. It seemed any contact with foreign nations was generally hostile. The Boxer rebellion, and the opium wars to name a few.

China never helped themselves with the 1949 communist revolution, and aggressive foreign policy during the period pertaining to the cold war. With China dealing arms to other communist nations, they created a power brokering and war mongering image to the rest of the world.

Over the previous few decades, relations with the west seemed to improve, but the power of a regime prepared to send tanks to Tiananmen square against demonstrators, won't be easily forgotten. Even though it seems like the norm these days with all the Arab spring commotion.

If China are not a threat, then why are they the only known nation to Target their missiles at the United States?

Everyone knows that China are an economic powerhouse, that is already beginning to dwarf most western nations.

Over the past 50 years, China has built up a substantial military threat. We all know they have the largest manned army in the world, and they are more technologically advanced in this day and age then what we are led to believe. Most of their advances have been made through espionage, and yes they were at it again with the downed helicopter in Pakistan.

China threatens western powers, even as a member of the UN. China repeatedly veto western proposals, and shun various EU sanctions. They exert a huge political force that could and is allowing them to play around and threaten the wests interests. China have very close ties with other nations that lack western support, for example, North Korea, and in my opinion Russia.

Will the current economic crisis and the Arab spring, strain and destroy the remaining ties between China and the west? The US sees ties breaking down, and deteriorating.

Now even a political game of basket ball to strengthen the ties through sport end in a mass brawl.

What do you read from these current situations?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mass brawl? Got some links mister?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

www.bbc.co.uk...

Alright son? Lol

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Definately is alotnof tension politically at the moment.

What with the broken helicopter debacle.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if a conflict broke out.
can anyone say fallout 3??

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
China will be a focus soon but not until we're done with the middle east.

China seems like a threat but in military power they are no where close.

Economic power is a sham, they don't have rule regulations and personal property rights like here in the US.

Even though China has some good things going for them, they are no where near trumping the US in military or economics due to those reasons. (your use of "are" incorrectly is bugging me also* no offense, but you used it many time incorrectly)
edit on 19-8-2011 by SadButTrue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Personally.....I think that China is in cahoots with Russia and the Middle East....and I also believe that they have nuclear bombs pointed at the United States and many of the European countries.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

Oh yea I see what you mean. Maybe I could have used 'is' abit more.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
China is smart.They will let the West destroy it's self before the come in and pick off the pieces.The West is doing a great job of that as we speak.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Dude I hope your not US. As far as violating treaties and refusing to sign mutually beneficial agreements the US is just as bad if not worse. As far as I'm concerned I am glad China is there as its the only thing keeping the west in check.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
Dude I hope your not US. As far as violating treaties and refusing to sign mutually beneficial agreements the US is just as bad if not worse. As far as I'm concerned I am glad China is there as its the only thing keeping the west in check.

yeah I'm glad China is there too I can't wait to be more opressed and have even more of my rights taken away, to live in a communist state, the Russian, Chinese, middle eastern lifestyles are so appealing right now can't wait for my western upbringing to be taken away and erased and then be downtrodden and human atrocities inflicted upon my family, friends and neighbours. Yup thank god for the Chinese keeping the us in check.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SadButTrue

If you could find a big enough crow bar to prise up the whole north american land mass,
it would have a sticker reading 'MADE IN CHINA' on its backside

Militarily China would beat the united states in a conventional war, sure they would lose
insane amounts of people in the struggle, but they would endure it and go on to victory,
think ww2 Japan on steroids with limitless manpower and funds/resources.
A war between the us and china is very unlikely though, at least for the forseeable future
and maybe never if we are lucky.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I'm sick of saying the Chinese are the biggest threat to our way of life. The Chinese model is exactly what the NWO wants for the rest of the World. A subservient people beholden to the elite for food, shelter, and the right to life. It's a travesty of what we've struggled for over the years. We need to fight back and take back control of our democracies, root out the corruption and the evil doers, and cut the Chinese off in their own little empire.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Haha, true,
but I reckon it would come down to who has the most nukes, or other WMD's.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The chinese do not need to rely on the economy as much ad the US does to fight a large scale war. They have huge manufacturing capabilities, huge stockpiles of metals, and a limitless work force. Let's not forget that they can just conscript people for war and even force people to manufacture their weapons. They also have more poor people, more so than the US and even more destitute that would jump on the bandwagon for a chance to feed their families.

The US on the other hand doesn't have the maufacturing capabilities they used to, and can't control their populace as much as china can without inciting unrest and even riots. Most americans have too much to lose by going to war.

Yeah sure the us has technology. China can manufacture 10 times as many war weapons though, so for every one ship the us builds china can make ten. The chinese have ten times the standing army as the us does.

Let's not forget. Overkill with nukes and other wmds would lead to other countries questioning us tactics so they would have to use them sparingly.

The US military is spread out over the middle east so they have less ships and men to defend the homeland. Plus an attack on the us would pro ahoy spark a resurgance of militants in the mid east so the us would have to fight on two fronts at the.same time. China could even possibly attack these targets.

The Us would have a harder time invading china than china would invading the US and if the us did try they would have north korea to contend with as well.

And if you think china doesn't have the tech to do it, just look back on history on less advanced militaries winning against more advanced ones. A few examples are germanic tribes vs the roman empire or afghan fighters vs the russians. Anything is possible in war.

Oh and china is better friends with the russians than the us is so I think china can count on them if the fan turns brown. Those two combined would be a force to be reckoned with.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Things I fear more than China:

economic collapse, earthquakes, tornadoes, rabies, clowns, head-less dolls, stale bread, sour milk, spiders, inflation, Rick Perry, Obama, congress, senate, patriot act, corporations, banks, gas prices, and cell-phone hacking.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I've seen first hand China's far reaching Economy,you cant go to any store in Panama City, Panama without it being China owned..But regardless of that if China teamed with Russia then India would Team with the U.S./Britain/Canada/ and a few others to Contend with Russia and Korea.Chinese Army..so as far as Standing armys go i don't think that determines the outcome of the coming war.. I think the outcome is gonna be predicted by who has their Pieces Placed Better and Who Strikes First..And so far I'd say the U.S has a decent Advantage Especially with Japan Aiming a Continent full of Artillery at China as we type.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow, China buys our debt, backs us for the last decade and now-oooooyahha they are the next commie

come on op, go back to college, and read up a bit, their is no fear, but Al-Cracker

too much T.V

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
China a threat ? noo America is a threat to itself ,draining the world out of resources and oil like a fat blob driving a cadillac escalade ..

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Things I fear more than China:

economic collapse, earthquakes, tornadoes, rabies, clowns, head-less dolls, stale bread, sour milk, spiders, inflation, Rick Perry, Obama, congress, senate, patriot act, corporations, banks, gas prices, and cell-phone hacking.

we have more pressing problems than China.

our own dysfunctional politics, corrupt financial sector, totally messed up tax code, etc.

and the Chinese have patience, more than Americans.
do you remember 9/11, when Washington went into a war frenzy?

the only question was who are they going to attack.

i worry more about the warmongers in DC, who cover their incompetence with war, endless wars.

the Chinese may press against their neighbors, and if we minded our own business, it would not be a problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join