It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos and Secret Societies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
He he ZZZ again you prove to me that you indeed have humor, to the Chinese tattoo I am quite sure that in Chinese my tattoo doesn�t mean strength and power, but to me it means that and that is the important part right?
Is it true it�s a southern classic with tweedy and the Tasmanian devil?
But I am quite sure that I am currently residing in Copenhagen, but again I am totally out of the loop and use Prozac so you tell me were am I!

The rite however is quite unoriginal and I am looking forward to getting it is quite expensive though about 1200$, and it will take about 5-10 sessions to be complete.

Bilbo

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeonHelmet
He he ZZZ again you prove to me that you indeed have humor, to the Chinese tattoo I am quite sure that in Chinese my tattoo doesn�t mean strength and power, but to me it means that and that is the important part right?

It might well mean that. Does it look like this character?

This character means "strength" and "power."

Oops -- the upper right corner should be a curve, not a point -- I spaced out, sorry.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Nice AK but I don�t think it means power only strength but I don�t read Chinese, so who knows.

I have made a VERY CRUDE sketch now I suck big time at painting on a computer so it�s really ugly but anyways here goes.

Bilbo

ps:The toad remark at start is slang in danish for tattoo

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Nope, it means both strength and power, in the sense of motive power and ability to do things.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
There are some pretty sweet tats on that site you posted Alex. I don't have any (yet) but I enjoy seeing the artwork.

heheh anyone using the argument that all Masons are 70 year old gummers should have a look at that site. My fears of having to cut my hair have effectively been laid to rest.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexKennedy

Hey y'all,

Just a quick note: A lot of skull and cross bones imagery is actually Masonic, as are the Templar. Both the title of Knight Templar and the skull and cross bones are part of the York Rite (an appendant order of Freemasonry). Check out www.yorkrite.org for some information on this order.

Also, check out www.masonicink.com for TONS of pictures of Masonic tattoo art.

Thanks!

J.O.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
In our by laws it clearly states that we will not stamp carve or other wise put a sign on our body but if that is what one wants to do then who are we to stop them I think we need to look at the by-laws and take that clause out because it shows our love for the craft

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NeonHelmet

Tattoos have always fascinated me for many reasons. To me a tattoo is a personal thing and shows someones own individuality. My boyfriend is a tattoo artist and has many all over. Some I have no idea what they mean but I am sure her does
I myself have 5.

My first one was done when I was 19 and it's the Eiffel Tower on my lower back. I have always had an obsession with Paris, France so this was my first and I love it. I get compliments on it all the time.

My second is a playboy bunny on my ankle. I got this because when i was 19 I was asked to do a college spread for Playboy and I said no so I got that instead. Yeah I know people say I should have done it but I was not looking for that!

My third is the "B" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, yes the show. It's on my right inner wrist. It's always been my favorite and for some reason I can relate to a lot of the underlying tone in the show.

My fourth is the Fleur de Lis and it's on my left inner wrist. Again goes back to my France obsession.

My fifth one is a Shakespeare quote I have always loved. "Love from one side hurts, but love from two sides heals" ~ Shakespeare. It's done in Edwardian Script on my upper back in between my shoulder blades. I had this one done Dec 26 so two months ago and people love it!

All my tattoos have a lot of meaning to me otherwise I wouldnt have had them done. I refuse to be that person that flips through a book to get a tattoo!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't have any tattoos that are Masonic, yet. I do plan on, however, getting at least one if not two. I haven't got them yet because I am designing them myself and want them to really mean something.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DetectivePerez

I've been doing tattoos for 12 years now and i've done a few mason symbols some satanic imagery and currently im working on a swat team in my district. nothing to mysterious though.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I have done a couple of masonic tattoos. One was the sphinx with a pyramid back drop, and another was the traditional symbol. I have hiden initials in tattoos nothing odd though. I have done plenty of celtic things but the people getting them didn't give them any more meaning than what the symbol ment if it ment anything at all. I have done several pagan and wiccan tattoos most of those are done for the shock value. I have done some medicine wheels and other symbols for the native americans. Nothing too mysterious. The sphinx one didn't want me to take a pic. don't know why but what ever.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm in possession of three.

I would also like to state that it is a very rare occassion when ANY of my markings are visible to the public.

They're personal, private and most people out there would rather see pretty colors and pictures than my mundane levels of being, grade or rank within my personal belief structure.

That being said : do SS members have tattoos? Some of them, yeah.

But please be aware, that doesn't mean ALL of them do.

I'd include pics, but like I said before - they're kind of personal.

Hope you can understand why I'm not interested in having them visible online.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I have a pentagram on the inside of each forearm,identical in all but color.Many masons have approached me and asked if it was for the Order of the Eastern Star,or Eastern Star Society.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join