It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West-Memphis Three are Freed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

West-Memphis Three are Freed!

news.yahoo.com

Three men convicted of killing three 8-year-old Cub Scouts and dumping their bodies in an Arkansas ditch changed their pleas Friday, resolving a years long effort to win their freedom.

Under a plea bargain, Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley were being freed immediately.

West-Memphis Three Freed

This is an amazing and long overdue turn of events.
"The Arkansas Supreme Court on Thursday Nov. 4, 2010 ordered a judge to consider whether newly analyzed DNA evidence might exonerate three men, including Echols, convicted in the 1993 murders of three West Memphis Cub Scouts. The justices also said a lower court must examine claims of misconduct by the jurors who sentenced Echols to death and Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin to life in prison."

Related News Links:
wm3org.typepad.com

edit on 19-8-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

edit on 19-8-2011 by lowundertheradar because: re-post article by accident

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Isn't it great?!? I don't agree with the fact that they will not be able to sue the state into bankruptcy, but I am so absolutely thrilled that these 3 men are free and are now able to have their lives back! I have been following this case for quite a few years, and I could not be happier that they are now out.
Now, they need to find the REAL killer and put him in prison.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
They're guilty. They pleaded guilty.
wm3truth.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk
They're guilty. They pleaded guilty.
wm3truth.com...

Right, because all toothless hicks know nobody plea's guilty unless they're truly guilty.

The Plea

Plea Bargaining as Coercion

No False Confessions?

False Confessions and Interrogations

The system is perfect. We are all safe and secure in it's warm and loving embrace.
edit on 19-8-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

I believe they were given disinfo- being led to believe it would help their cause. Many people facing death row would do or say whatever they felt might help.
The False Confession

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
this is awesome news,I was in Memphis when the murders happened across the bridge and watched "Paradise Lost" about a million times and never once did I think these guys were guilty.injustice has been corrected.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

The system is perfect. We are all safe and secure in it's warm and loving embrace.

The system is imperfect but it's the best we have.

The system also freed them...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The system is imperfect but it's the best we have.

The system also freed them...

Freed them to what? They've been traumatized by prison, lost any respect they had for the system, are still pariah's in the community and time has been lost. There is no lawsuit to get that back. There is no way to make amends for that. It cannot be undone.

Now should one of them or all of them end up back in trouble in the near future everyone will say: "see, I knew were guilty!" when they should be saying: "gee, I wonder if all that crap they went through #ed them up?"

The "best we've got" is trash through and through.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Learned of this case through that "Paradise Lost," documentary. I have always thought these men were innocent of the crime they were convicted of. Sadly, they spent far to long behind bars and it seems a lot of people would rather save face than do the right thing. Better late than never, and hopefully society and the justice system can learn something from this case? Lets hope they can put together the pieces of their tattered lives?

At least justice was served in the case of these innocent men. However, the person or persons who are truly responsible for the grizzly murder of those boys remains at large? I hope one day the true conspirator is brought to justice. Justice needs to be served for the victims.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The "best we've got" is trash through and through.

What do you suggest then?

MOB Rule?

They would have been executed for a crime they didn't commit a long time ago in that case.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A thread on this topic already exists Here.

Please contribute comments to the existing thread.

This thread will now be closed.

top topics

join