It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson gets a chance to debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Although everyone seems to have forgotten him, Gary Johnson is still running for the presidency of the U.S.

And here he gets another chance to debate:

He still has my vote!!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Talk about a ``media blackout``, Gary Johnson has been completely ignored by the MSM.

Where's the outrage?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Guy never had a chance.

You don't get picked to be an Ambassador by the opposition if your views are too much unlike their own.

Most likely will be his last debate.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Gary Who?? We need to reform this system of ours.. Ron Paul is one I can understand being blacked out and buried. I think it's absolutely wrong, but I understand their thinking. What did Gary here do to anyone?

The need for reform comes in where I honestly hadn't heard of this guy before outside of past positions...and only in passing for that. Neither, apparently, have the folks on other smaller community sites I'm on because of all the 'candidate' topic debates, no one in those places once mentioned him either.

No one in their right mind wants to go to the system a place like Russia has, where it looks like a yearbook for their Presidential ballot. Surly there is a middle ground though, where candidates who are SERIOUSLY trying to make an attempt at running aren't simply left out and sidelined as if they didn't exist at all.

Maybe we HAVE HAD a man we all can get behind in past years at least try as far as he has in this story, and we just never heard such a promising candidate even existed......
edit on 19-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I like Gary and watched this video eagerly. I still like him, but to marginalize what the effects of doing away with the Fed would be, shows me that he either has not researched this matter enough, or he recognizes it as a third rail of politics which will keep him from getting elected. Indeed, two past presidents did in fact defy the Fed and issued their own US currency, and both ended up shot in the head. I am not saying that is why they were both killed, they both were also proponents of civil rights too, but it is a coincidence that could be construed as a warning.

I like Gary's stance on States rights, Nixon's war on some drugs, and many other things. But without a pledge to end the Fed, I cannot support him. The Fed is at the core of our problems today, and without it life would improve for each and every one of us. And since every dime we US wage earners pay in Individual Federal Income Tax each year goes to the Federal Reserve Bank for service on our debt interest, the need for the Federal Income Tax would be over. This would mean a huge increase in each of our yearly incomes, or the chance to do something constructive with this money besides making Fat Cats even fatter. Either way this would be a vast improvement over what is being done today.

However, I think Gary would make a decent running mate, not as good as Cynthia McKinney or Jesse Ventura, but a decent one.

I know this won't make the OP happy, but this is what I believe, and I didn't mention the other guy's name in deference, so...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Talk about a ``media blackout``, Gary Johnson has been completely ignored by the MSM.

Where's the outrage?

I hear you. Aside from Ron Paul, Gary Johnson was the only person that made sense in the first debate. It's funny, but he's much like a money motivated Ron Paul. He want's to legalize many things but also capitalize on them.

I was very upset when the didn't invite him to the second debate.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
\
However, I think Gary would make a decent running mate, not as good as Cynthia McKinney or Jesse Ventura, but a decent one.

Watch out, Cynthia supporters are frowned upon around these parts.

I've learned not to bring her up.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Your post is full of nonsense.

Gary Johnson has the same view as Ron Paul when it comes to the Fed.

Indeed, two past presidents did in fact defy the Fed and issued their own US currency, and both ended up shot in the head.

What two presidents? The Fed wasn't created till 1913. JFK and who else? Gary Johnson and Ron Paul stand firm against central banking, you simply advocate for a different type of central banking. Most likely because you wrongly believe the Fed to be private.

Lol! Cynthia McKinney, really? No.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Where's the outrage?

I hear you. Aside from Ron Paul, Gary Johnson was the only person that made sense in the first debate. It's funny, but he's much like a money motivated Ron Paul. He want's to legalize many things but also capitalize on them.

I was very upset when the didn't invite him to the second debate.

Gary Johnson really isn't comparable to Ron Paul.

He's an extremely lite version of Ron Paul. He lacks the knowledge of economics, monetary policy and many other things Ron Paul has, he's also not as pro-freedom and anti-state as I'd like him to be. He's still awkwardly awesome though.

Ron Paul/Gary Johnson 2012!!
edit on 19-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join