It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poop is in the air: Study

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by FreeSpeaker

But....They didn't say there was any fecal matter in the air, just a bunch of bacteria that are similar to the kinds of bacteria in dog feces...

Umm,

A new study found the city has a "significant" quantity of bacteria from fecal material in its atmosphere, said a news release Thursday.

Its definitely fecal matter.

"We found unexpectedly high bacterial diversity in all of our samples, but to our surprise the airborne bacterial communities of Detroit and Cleveland most closely resembled those communities found in dog poop," said lead author Robert Bowers.

Your quotes do not contradict what adeclark said. They found bacteria in the air. It's like the bacteria from poop, and that probably where it came from. That does not mean they found poop in the air.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

Originally posted by adeclerk

But....They didn't say there was any fecal matter in the air, just a bunch of bacteria that are similar to the kinds of bacteria in dog feces...

Umm,

A new study found the city has a "significant" quantity of bacteria from fecal material in its atmosphere, said a news release Thursday.

Its definitely fecal matter.

"We found unexpectedly high bacterial diversity in all of our samples, but to our surprise the airborne bacterial communities of Detroit and Cleveland most closely resembled those communities found in dog poop," said lead author Robert Bowers.

Your quotes do not contradict what adeclark said. They found bacteria in the air. It's like the bacteria from poop, and that probably where it came from. That does not mean they found poop in the air.

Okay.

The bacteria is from feces. Read my links and its beyond question. And when did I claim poop is literally in the air? The title of this thread is the title from the newsource used in the OP.

ETA: You know its pretty sad I had to point out that the title of this thread is the same as the source article and that I wasn't claiming poop was literally in the air. Why post if you won't take the time to read the OP, and I mean really read it, not just a cursory glance.

edit on 20-8-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by FreeSpeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

And when did I claim poop is literally in the air?

In your OP.

I would be interested to know just how soo much feces is getting into the atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

And when did I claim poop is literally in the air?

In your OP.

I would be interested to know just how soo much feces is getting into the atmosphere.

Talk about nitpicking. Yes, I'm a mental retard and believe poop nuggets are floating in the air. Derr derrr derr.

Could I perhaps have meant the bacteria from the feces? Sorry for not being clearer.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Everytime there was a shamal while in Iraq, I thought of Solomons or Mohammeds desicated feces were blowin' around as well as particulated dead people and animals..etc.

Now that's a nasty imagination, eh?

Can't help it though, I'm a history buff and know the history of the region.

I've often thought along those lines too - all hhte prophets and caesars ate, drak, crapped and pee'd..along with a few billion other people, and al teh animals, insects, fish & bugs throughout the life of the earth ..... we're living in a world that has had billions and billions of tons of poop pooped, and untold quantities of pee pee'd.

Every drink of water - or of anything containing ater - includes dinosaur pee, and every mouthfull of food includes dinosaur poop!

I'm surprised homeopathy doesn't give us all dehli belly (with apologies to the sub-continenet for the term!)

But homeopathy is a whole different hoax, so I won't go there....

<< 1   >>

join