It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro to Picket Norway Funerals; Officials Call It Insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

“If they go through with what they are threatening, I can only certify that this is one of the worst ideas in the world at the moment,” Fredriksen said.

“Normal thinking people do not think in such a way and I do not think they deserve more attention.” Police say they have a problem with taking the situation seriously because it seems unbelievable that a group would be so heartless.

“These statements confirm that humans are the world’s most complicated construction, this is beyond any common sense and we have problems with even relating to it.” Some Norway officials say they doubt the church would even be granted access to enter the country, and if they did make it to a funeral, "they'll be surrounded by some tens of thousands of people telling them how completely insane they are."

So, the Westboro Baptist Church is branching out... Now to picket the funerals of the victims of last month's massacre there.

Westboro terms their death message is from God that the United States is "a sodomite nation of flag-worshipping idolaters.” It interprets the massacre in Norway in the same way. Norway made homosexuality legal in 1972 and allows gay people to marry and adopt children.

I cannot understand Westboro's obsession with homosexuality. Fred Phelps must have some seriously repressed sexual energy.

Anyway, I hope that Norway doesn't allow them into the country, and if they do get in...I hope they are made to never want to come back.

Story here

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No question that Phelps is a closet homosexual. As well as a complete attention whore.

As the saying goes, "Me thinks thou doth protest too much."

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wont Norway simply deport them?

I know the UK wouldnt let him in and quite right too.
Id also hope the police look the other way and let any funeral goers beat them to a bloody pulp.

Im surprised a gun nut hasnt taken these nutjobs out yet.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Westboro was started in 1955. The church's parishioners, made up mostly of Phelps’ relatives, stage protests with signs that say many outrageous phrases including "God Hates F---" and "Thank God for dead soldiers."
(censoring of one word above inserted by me)

That was in the main article and is certainly a piece of information I've never heard before. I hadn't realized the Westboro loonies were largely blood family members. Now THAT explains a lot. I've wondered since they first appeared, just what possessed people to join a Church like this and participate in an absolutely reprehensible activity like this.

If there is any justice, Norway WILL let these people in and they'll get to have their protest. Hear me out...I'm NOT on their side......... However, if they are allowed to protest one of the worst massacre of innocent victims in our lifetimes, if not History in general, the WORLD will see these people for the scum they are. Perhaps this will be their LAST hurrah as whatever support they still had vanishes forever.

Hey, something else just occurred to me.. Doesn't the European Union, if not Norway itself, have some rather draconian laws regarding what can and can't be said and how hate speech is defined and handled? Couldn't these folks get a very rude awakening to the laws of other nations, just AFTER they are done violating said laws far enough to earn some jail time?
edit on 19-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Additional thought..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
way to give a bad name to yanks.

Oh wait.

A lot of americans in Norway sure are going to find things uncomfortable now

All 5 of them.

Perhaps Norway will make it harder for Americans to get into the country now.

hey westboro, please continue your tour around Europe

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

I would like to test the Phelps family DNA.

I bet it runs pretty shallow, if you get my drift.

If were in my power, I would have this cult locked up as insane.

They remind me of those horror cannibal movies, but these folk are real. I think it is only a matter of time before they turn violent. I know that violence has been visited upon them before, but I think that's what they want as well, just so they may sue.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

That was in the main article and is certainly a piece of information I've never heard before. I hadn't realized the Westboro loonies were largely blood family members.

Simple, theyre all lawyers who want people to attack them so they can sue them.
Theyre professional trolls.

What they do is illegal in most countries and Im glad they would be arrested if they tried it in my country.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Norway has a law that is relevant to this situation. It reads:

Any person who willfully or through gross negligence publicly utters a discriminatory or hateful expression shall be liable to fines or imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years. An expression that is uttered in such a way that it is likely to reach a large number of persons shall be deemed equivalent to a publicly uttered expression, cf. section 7, No. 2. The use of symbols shall also be deemed to be an expression. Any person who aids and abets such an offense shall be liable to the same penalty.

Apparentlyit is punishable by upto 3 years in a Norwegian prison. Too bad the prisons there don't resemble the gulogs of past.

source

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i wanna know with all the people on the no fly list how in the hell the Phelps family isnt on that list,i cant even fathom how they can even think this is a good idea.these guys are the text book crazy

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Apparentlyit is punishable by up to 3 years in a Norwegian prison. Too bad the prisons there don't resemble the gulogs of past.

source

Oh good, then by all means, let them go protest! I'm sorry that Norway may be supporting them in custody for a few years, but Americans will feel a debt of gratitude if Norway can do to them what our system won't let us do here!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
many people have been barred entry to European countries (Notably the UK) because of inciting hate crimes, extremist muslims, anti vatican speakers.. There was even a recent case of a guy that was accusing the QUEEN of being involved in child murders (satanic ritual sacrifices)..

So why not them?

edit on 19-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They may get in the country, but I'd imagine the families won't allow them in the grounds during the funeral.
I also wonder if Norwegian bikers will form their own patriot guard...that could be interesting.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK
They may get in the country, but I'd imagine the families won't allow them in the grounds during the funeral.
I also wonder if Norwegian bikers will form their own patriot guard...that could be interesting.

No, the Hells Angels are the last thing you want there, mixed in with the lokal bike clubs.

Nope, you dont even want to go there.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Might shut these idiot westboro lot up for a bit...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Come to Europe, and I promise you, thousands from every nation in Europe will come for you, and you'll be going back to your hick state in boxes. With your signs impaled deep in your asses.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Thank you for posting that law. Hopefully they do not look to deeply into it and act the same fools as they do in the usa. Its high time they got put in their proper place.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Lol now that is awesome... and by awesome I mean these morons feel they are invincable enough to pull this crap in another country where US case law / Constitutional guarantees do not exist.

Eventually these goobers are going to learn the hard way that if you play stickball in Brooklyn, you better know the rules.

top topics

join