It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq agrees to extend US military stay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Panetta: Iraq has already said yes to extended U.S. presence.

www.stripes.com

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Friday that Iraq has already said yes to extending noncombat U.S. forces there beyond 2011, and that the Pentagon is negotiating that presence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The warmongers and the military contractors sure will love this one.

Of course the US was never to leave Iraq. They didn't build the biggest embassy in the world in Iraq for nothing.

Iraq is now a puppet of the US and will be that way till an honest president comes in power...

In other news, Iraq is the perfect spot to launch an attack on Iran... from the west... while Iran is attacked from the east using Afghanistan...

Also...
Iraq's Sadr warns of 'war' if US presence extended

About 47,000 US troops are still stationed in Iraq, all of whom must leave by the end of the year under the terms of a 2008 bilateral security pact, which would remain in force if a training deal is not agreed.

And before it was disbanded in 2008, Sadr's Mahdi Army militia numbered some 60,000 fighters with fierce loyalty to the cleric.

Prepare for a surge in Iraq once it starts...

And if you don't believe presstv...
Panetta: Iraq has already said yes to extended U.S. presence

Following this announcement, wouldn't surprise me if we see big terrorist attacks in Iraq... Poo will hit the fan if the iran-backed Al Sadr militias activate.

UPDATE : THERE'S CONFLICTING INFORMATION... some source say US troops stay, some say decision not done yet...

www.stripes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
how is this even possible with the current economic situation?

ohyeah, i forget...

they raised the debt ceiling

seriously appaling this

it would be time for the USA (and other countries) too pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan, spend the money at home.

on better healthcare and schooling for starters...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well I doubt we should have expected any other outcome.
Of course they are staying.
perpetual war, is what will be known in the.history books about the 21st century.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
it's not a done deal yet i believe...

About 47,000 US troops are still stationed in Iraq, all of whom must leave by the end of the year under the terms of a 2008 bilateral security pact, which would remain in force if a training deal is not agreed.

?

or did they agree to the training deal?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Under the new agreement, the troops don't have to leave. There's now no limit. They can stay forever.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A reminder to all of you anti-war people on the left that this new extension is brought to you by President Obama (winner of the Nobel War prize).

Maybe next time actually learn a thing or two about who you are voting for. The only thing you can trust from Obama is his statement this week - "Don't believe everything you hear."
edit on 8/19/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
A reminder to all of you anti-war people on the left that this new extension is brought to you by President Obama (winner of the Nobel War prize).

Maybe next time actually learn a thing or two about who you are voting for. The only thing you can trust from Obama is his statement this week - "Don't believe everything you hear."
edit on 8/19/2011 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

ehm

us 'anti-war' people laughed at the nobel peace prize when Obama recieved it.
we laughed then, we're still laughing now.

baseless attack on 'anti-war' people.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Under the new agreement, the troops don't have to leave. There's now no limit. They can stay forever.

ugh...

doesn't spell anything good whatsoever.

i don't like this, at all.

now they surely need to extent the FEDERAL RESERVE as well.

they're the only ones who can print the money, out of thin air, to fuel these wars.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Was there ever any doubt? Halliburton, Big Oil, Xe, the money from Iraq is rolling into their coffers, and they are part of the policy-making and diplomatic core of our government.... plus our senators and congressmen are heavily invested in these 'enterprises.'

I would be surprised if this didn't happen... after all it's not like its their families' children, mothers, and friends at risk over there.... it's just "little people."

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Was there ever any doubt? Halliburton, Big Oil, Xe, the money from Iraq is rolling into their coffers, and they are part of the policy-making and diplomatic core of our government.... plus our senators and congressmen are heavily invested in these 'enterprises.'

I would be surprised if this didn't happen... after all it's not like its their families' children, mothers, and friends at risk over there.... it's just "little people."

^
|
|

This post is right on the money!

s4u

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Ya well, the original plan called for at least 25-30 years in Iraq and it's ``only`` been 8 years... so I guess not even half of it has been done so far...

American blood for chinese oil

That sort of implicit, limited-liability partnership with America — Washington provides the military muscle and China cleans up on the post-conflict resource extraction — already exists in multiple locations: In Iraq, our "shock and awe" has resulted in China being the only state with oil contracts both north (Kurds) and south (Arabs). In Afghanistan, our counterinsurgency efforts continue while China plants a $3 billion investment in the Aynak copper mine. As for People's Liberation Army casualties in both theaters? Zero.

Eventually, the American public will figure out what's going on and start demanding China pay its own way. "American blood for Chinese oil" hasn't appeared on protest placards yet, but it should — and will eventually.

Great job there.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I believe there is a misprint here... I'm sure it is meant to read:

"U.S. administrators of Iraq prolong the U.S. military's stay."

and in very, very fine print at the very bottom:

"At the behest of the corporations involved in the "reconstruction" and their solemn promise to give a percentage of the profits as kickbacks... uh, donations to the politicians involved in insuring the policy has passed."

the Billmeister

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Your OP source has changed.

Your topic is dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

An aide to the Iraqi Prime Minister has denied reports that Baghdad has allowed the US to extend its military presence in the country beyond 2011.

"We have not yet agreed on the issue of keeping training forces," Ali Mussawi, media advisor to Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, told AFP on Friday.

The remarks came after US Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said that Iraq has agreed to extend US military presence in the country beyond the 2011 deadline.

"The negotiations are ongoing, and these negotiations have not been finalized," Mussawi said.

OP source

Looks like the Leon Panetta jumped the gun a bit seeing that the original source 180'd their headline.
edit on 19-8-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How can a single US citizen or a single member of our government support this? We don't have any money! How the hell can people look at the state of this country, see how much debt we have, and say "Hell yeah, WAR! Trillions of dollars spent killing people overseas, that's what I want my taxpayer dollars going towards!"

And who in the government is supporting these things? Is our country over-run by brainwashed politicians, or are they all bought out by the people who benefit by us continuing to stay in these wars?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Another shocking turn of events. And here I thought that the snake oil salesman that we have for a president would bring these guys home?

When will people realize that there will be no end to these wars?

Your president is owned by the Military Industrial Complex.

Your congressmen are owned by the Military Industrial Complex.

And dare I say, any idiot that you vote for in the next national election will be owned by them?

If Ron Paul is serious, tell him to run as an independent candidate. Until then, he's one of them as well

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Please visit the source in the OP, they have recanted their original headline.

Iraq denies extending US military stay

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I updated it... we shall see... but I doubt Iraq will say that US troops have to leave.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Unfortunately I think you're right

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join