It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested on charge of cruelty to a juvenile; accused of beating infant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Kenner man arrested on charge of cruelty to a juvenile; accused of beating infant

A Kenner man was arrested Monday on a charge of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile after his 3-month-old infant son was found to have injuries, including bleeding from the brain and head fractures, that were a result of blunt force trauma, Kenner police said.

Kenner Police DepartmentTyler Jonathan Eastgate Tyler Jonathan Eastgate, 22, of 2850 Idaho Ave. told police in a taped statement that he was babysitting his son when he threw the child against a wall because the infant would not stop crying, said Sgt. Brian McGregor, a Police Department spokesman. When the child continued to cry, Eastgate hit the baby in the face and threw him into his crib, police said. Eastgate also allegedly told police that at another time he accidentally dropped the child, causing him to hit his head on the floor.

The boy will likely have permanent neurological defects from the trauma, McGregor said.

Staff at Ochsner Medical Center in Kenner alerted police to the child's injuries Monday. Eastgate originally told police and hospital staff that he was babysitting the boy and found him having trouble breathing and seizing before losing consciousness, McGregor said.

X-rays found bleeding on the brain from two head fractures and bruises to the infant's cheek, chin and chest. He also had scratches and bruises to his neck, McGregor said. Doctors told police the injuries are a result of blunt force trauma cause by being thrown down. Eastgate remained in police custody Tuesday, McGregor said. No bond has been set, he said.

Okay, in what world do we live in that this dude shouldn't be put to death the moment he's found guilty?

Why this hits closer to home is because I knew this dude. We worked at the same location - he was a bully. We had words quite a few times. I'm talking recently, 3 weeks ago. Everyone knows if you handle a bully physically, it sorta teaches the bully a lesson. This dude was about 6'0, and weighed about 130lbs. Mind you I'm about 200, and 5'9- he wouldn't have had a chance. When I tell you every single time I saw this dude, I had a burning desire to smash his face in, I really did; and I'm not even a violent person. I'd bump him on purpose get him to swing, everything. I wasn't lucky enough. I will regret not accepting some assault charge, smashing his face in, if it would've meant sparing this poor infant.. It's already haunting my dreams -_-

He will get his wherever he is sent, now what if he gets out on some insanity bullocks? How can I contain myself? I won't
edit on 19-8-2011 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Putting to death and battering abusers is all well and good, but it doesn't do anything for the root cause. As for the root cause, things are still up in the air and no one seems to bother figuring it out. That said: Genetics, society, plain old evil... Doesn't matter which causes these sorts of things, what matters is how we as a society go about preventing the effects. Attacking things after the fact is the way justice tends to work, but what good does that do the child? All it does is assuage our guilt for being unable to prevent it. If the man dies, we will say "justice has been done" and move on. But that doesn't fix the child. It doesn't care for the child afterwards.

Your response is honorable, but what each and every one of us should do after hearing these sorts of things is: What can I personally do to make sure this sort of thing never happens again?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Under no circumstances am I saying that what this idiot did is acceptable. (Far as I'm concerned, there's a special place in hell for people like this). But this kind of thing happens on a daily basis around the world. Why are we bringing it up for discussion here?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by strings0305

root cause

Root cause? We have circumvented natural selection. This guy was probably a bully in school, he was probably abusive to the mother of the child, he was probably abused when he was a child. Somewhere along the way, nature had a plan, and either this guy's father, or grand-father, or this guy himself was supposed to have paid for his actions. Our society's laws protected him from the natural consequences of his actions, and he lived to abuse this poor infant.

The first or second time he hit his girlfriend, there was surely an angry father or brother that would have liked to cut his terror reign short. We have the OP that would have loved to cut this guy's terror reign short. There were very likely some people that would probaby cut this guy's father's terror reign short. Instead, our "civilized" society, decided only a sterile court could make that decision, and the court dockets are all booked up, and the prosecuting attorneys are under-paid and over-worked, and so this idiot had never faced up to the justice he deserved.

The ROOT CAUSE is too much "civilization" and not enough "natural consequences," which automatically lead to "natural selection."

In my ideal world, this guy would have beaten up some girl as a teenager, and the girl would have had just the right father, and this idiot would be feeding the crawfish in the bottom of some mining hole, and there would have never been an opportunity for this infant to have been abused. (Of course, there would never have been this infant to begin with, but maybe that is a good thing? I'm not blaming the infant in any way, but perhaps this guy's genes do not need to survive?)

edit on 19-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by whyshouldI trustyou2619

"We" aren't, I am. It's a social issue is it not? And your special land, that may or may not exist, that he can see after he dies..Can't he just repent and go to heaven? Give me a break, that's not what this is about The justice I'm seeking is more personal, probably selfish. It's not even about the child anymore - now it's just his actions. Every action has a reaction, and one day I might be that reaction. I'll tell you what; I'll learn to recognize these types of people and what they're capable of. I'll study them, and stalk them. And one day I might be in the right place at the right time. What will you do?
edit on 19-8-2011 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Cruelty to children, the elderly, and just in general to each other is never acceptable. Like I said earlier, there's a special place for these people. If you want to discuss it as a social issue, the only thing I can think of to contribute is that I feel the number of incidents are only going to increase. As the market and jobs both continue to get worse, poverty can make even the best of us snap. I've worked in medicine for 30 years and have seen things I'd love to forget. But these types of instances have existed since people have been around, and I honestly don't see them going away anytime soon.
The only card we have to play, in my opinion, is to prosecute anyone that would harm a child, or the elderly to the fullest extent that we can. The guy that hurt that child in the original posting, should either put in jail with people that really know how to hurt others for at least 20 years, or just flat out killed. Leave those that can't defend themselves alone.

top topics

join