It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My guide to embedding Youtube vids :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have noticed a lot of member are still finding it hard to embed Youtube videos in their posts.

I thought i would help you all out with step by step instructions

So....lets begin

http:// www.youtube. com /watch ?v=hjVGEr-6MSI

Thats the ID for the video.

To embed all you will be using is the

hjVGEr-6MSI after the =

Simply copy this section of the URL and paste into the VID:YOUTUBE box.

It really is that simple

If you dont use this part or even include the = you will end up with this

Instead of this

edit on 19-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

hjVGEr-6MSI after the =
Simply copy this section of the URL and paste into the VID:YOUTUBE box.
It really is that simple

Occasionally, you will come across a video, that has been adjusted with a Youtube setting, that disables embedding. Those videos can only be viewed on Youtube.

When using this simple method, that you have provided here, are you able to load each and every video, into the preview area, so that you can be assured that the video you are posting will definitely work on this site after you have posted it?

Or are there some occasions when you do not realize that the embedding has been disabled, until after you have already posted the video?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Some videos cannot be embedded, but you will not end up with a blank screen like when you enter a wrong ID. It will just alert you to the fact that embedding has been disabled and ask you to click the link when you click on it

99% of videos on Youtube can be embedded, and if the copy you chose cannot, chances are there is another copy on Youtube which can be

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
[color=F0C052] I am not trying to be rude to you, so I will apologize ahead of time, just in case I come off as sounding like I am.

Some videos cannot be embedded, but you will not end up with a blank screen like when you enter a wrong ID. It will just alert you to the fact that embedding has been disabled and ask you to click the link when you click on it

99% of videos on Youtube can be embedded, and if the copy you chose cannot, chances are there is another copy on Youtube which can be

I am very aware of this↑. I had already mentioned most of this, in my own post. I had just used different words, and said it in a different way.

The main goal of my previous post, was to get your answers for the questions that I had asked.

• #1: Are you able to view & watch each and every video that you post here on ATS, while you are in the 'preview area' of the 'reply page'?

OR

• #2: Are there times when you see the empty grey box in the preview section, but then after you post it, the video will play just fine?

• posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
    link   
    Thank you! This will help me the next time I want to imbed a video in a thread! Perhaps this will encourage me on to figure out the avatar conundrum I find myself in

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
    link   

• #1: Are you able to view & watch each and every video that you post here on ATS, while you are in the 'preview area' of the 'reply page'? OR
  • #2: Are there times when you see the empty grey box in the preview section, but then after you post it, the video will play just fine?

• No problem

1) You cannot preview the videos to see if they work before you post them, you will always see a grey screen like when you enter a malformed ID. In all my time here i have yet to preview a page ive published and see the video in the preview screen.

2) Once the video is posted you can see if it works, this is the only time you can see if the embedding has worked

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
    link   
    I have now arrived at the part, where I can explain my reasoning behind asking you those questions. What you stated here↓↓, is incorrect.

1) You cannot preview the videos to see if they work before you post them, you will always see a grey screen like when you enter a malformed ID. In all my time here i have yet to preview a page ive published and see the video in the preview screen.

2) Once the video is posted you can see if it works, this is the only time you can see if the embedding has worked

Occasionally, the error may be all my fault, such as missing a number or letter when copying the 'Video ID.' When that happens, then I will see the grey box.

However, aside from those few occasions, I NEVER see that grey box in the preview area. I always see the video in the preview area. It is nice, because then you know for a fact, that the video will work, before you actually post it.

&feature=related
    That ↑ is all it takes.

By adding that to the end of the 'Video ID,' it will work in the preview area every time. There are quite a few different variations or styles of URL's, that you see on any Youtube page, but they all begin the exact same. with: [color=SkyBlue]htt p:// ww w.youtube.com/watc h?v=

After that, may be:

• Only the video ID ~ [color=SkyBlue]watch?v= hjVGEr-6MSI

• Or it may have something like this ~ [color=SkyBlue]watch?v=9M-t9yNQymc&feature=relmfu

• If you are actually on a playlist, then the URL's are much longer.

~~ [color=SkyBlue]watch?v=fLsHWBb Dff0&feature=BFp&list=WL94E0285692F3B6E9&index=1

~~ [color=SkyBlue]watch?v=Ro8shNTlzTY&feature=mr_meh&list=PL538F06ACB942FAB9&index=2&pla ynext=0

Regardless of what is after the actual Video ID, I add→ '&feature=related' to it.

Quote this post, and look at the ID for this vid, which is the same vid that you used in the OP. Just check it out in the preview section.

edit on 8/20/11 by BrokenCircles because: .... sometimes sleeping pills put my brain to sleep, while allowing my typing fingers to remain awake for a bit longer.

• posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
    link   

I only add the & it still seems to work.
    2nd

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:12 PM
    link   
    reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Thanks mate ..just embedded my first vid in a post

Thanks for your help S+F.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
    link   
    reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Hey - wanted to follow up my previous thanks with a "mission accomplished" banner

I easily, without even double checking back on your instructions, embedded by next video on the first attempt. If you only knew how challenging a task that was - considering my ailing memory and lack of technological acumen - you are wise, grasshopper.

Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Open2Truth

lol no problem, i had the same problem when i first tried embedding vids....im pretty sure the ATS thread on this is way too over complicated

new topics

top topics

join