It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spacecraft Sees Solar Storm Engulf Earth-First Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This video is amazing and pretty creepy watching a solar flare move towards Earth and surround us.

science.nasa.gov...

It looks like we are a hop skip and a jump away from the sun. I didn't know those clouds are constantly flying around us. So as the sun grows and gets larger these storms will eventually rip us apart. You can see Venus really gets it too.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow. Very awesome. It's amazing to actually watch the storm coming - gives a totally different perspective to what I was imagining in my head.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

The video is spectacular. I could not get the site video to load but it has been posted to Youtube at
www.youtube.com...

Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Awesome video
The sun truly dictates earth's activities.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It is a video from 2008 not current date just so you know.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can't wait to see more videos from this view point. We are really mapping out our surroundings in space. Awesome video though.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Me too! So funny I thought a solar flare was a little tiny wave. I guess I was stereotyping them from an aurora...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It is absolutely amazing to see how the solar storm interacts with our planet. I was able to watch the NASA newscast yesterday and it is very exciting to think about the advancements that they are making towards monitoring and understanding the solar activity.

Great post!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

edit on 19-8-2011 by samlf3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ScubaGirl

Thanks ScubaGirl, I know I can't wait to see a few years worth of footage from these new technologies. NASA creates all our great inventions...GO NASA

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

so you cant wait until billions die and our civilization is destroyed... what a ridiculous statement...

sometimes i wonder what really goes on in people's minds..

i see your edited your post and removed your comment..
edit on 19/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

you got any other links for video quick time and my computer dont seem to get along to well and im quite curious to see what this looks like

new topics

top topics

join