It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Election: The ATS Democratic Party (speculative) Straw Poll

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I didn't vote in the republican thingie because...well, I am about as republican as janeane garofalo. I thought the concept of these polls were to see what the sides were thinking verses how skewed it can be made..
if there are only 4 libs on ATS...it should be 4 votes for who is leading in the lib vote, not how many non-voting conservatives can misrepresent...and visa versa (didn't vote for the republicans because that would skew the results..not that it would matter, I also am into ron paul out of the whole lot on the right...mostly because he is very liberal socially)

You didn't realize it was an open straw poll? Whoops on you. We know where Democrats are - they are voting for Obama because he's black and voting for a black guy is cool (unless he's a Republican - then he's a probably being paid to act like a Republican by some astro-turfer).

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

lol, wonder how the results will be put to use. just for fun?

doubt it

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Are you going to do a poll for the Independent Party as well?

Yes. We're also going to pick twelve candidates from those who have announced independent efforts. So if your write-in is an independent, save if for the next straw poll.

Thank you.

I'm not a fan of any Republican or Democrat.

I will not choose either of those political parties.

It's not a real choice it's a pre-selected forced option.

I'll write myself in as a candidate before I vote for either of those parties.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes! add many third- party candidates for a vote. Parties like the Whigs, Constitution party, Green party, Libertarian party, Communist party, and so on. Let's make this fun. I'm tired of seeing the same scary faces of both the Democrat and Republican party.

Okay, not trying to be snarky here, but this is an American election poll.

We don't recognize some of those parties due to their being outside our country.

And we stood the entire Cold War against the Communist Party of Russia.

The election is not about "fun" it's about who is running American interests.

Candidates should never be picked because they're "fun".

Instead they should be picked due to ethics, morals, and beliefs.

Unfortunately, that rarely, if ever happens.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by beezzer
I voted.
I had to choke down some bile, but I voted.
Looking forward to the results!

-blinks-

Why? your...not a dem.
I didn't vote in the republican thingie because...well, I am about as republican as janeane garofalo. I thought the concept of these polls were to see what the sides were thinking verses how skewed it can be made..
if there are only 4 libs on ATS...it should be 4 votes for who is leading in the lib vote, not how many non-voting conservatives can misrepresent...and visa versa (didn't vote for the republicans because that would skew the results..not that it would matter, I also am into ron paul out of the whole lot on the right...mostly because he is very liberal socially)

I voted as IF they were the only choices. I voted seriously, and gave it great thought. I wasn't aware that there were prohibitions towards these polls.
Apologies.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm not talking about the Communist party of Russia or China. The Communist party of the U.S. As well other parties that are founded and run in the U.S. What do you think I was talking about here?
Third Party (U.S)
I'm talking about these parties!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Consider myself an independent with conservative views, look forward to seeing how the Democrats on ATS vote for.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267

I'm not talking about the Communist party of Russia or China. The Communist party of the U.S. As well other parties that are founded and run in the U.S. What do you think I was talking about here?
Third Party (U.S)
I'm talking about these parties!

Still not seeing the Whig Party.

And no one would vote for the Communist Party.

Unless they were an unpatriotic citizen or foreign born.

I'm a registered Independent and more Centrist than anything.

Both the Republican and Democrat parties are wrong for America.

They focus too much on divisiveness, blaming the opposition, and side-stepping responsibility.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Modern Whig Party is listed in the Centrist section.
Take a look and see what you think of the Modern Whig Party.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I really think that you left more viable candidates off the list of proposed choices than you included on it. What do you want to bet that Bernie Sanders or Alan Grayson wins this one? Or maybe it will be "Rick Parry" thanks to the Colbert Super PAC.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
they are voting for Obama because he's black and voting for a black guy is cool (unless he's a Republican - then he's a probably being paid to act like a Republican by some astro-turfer).

Yes, thats what Dems do...hense why we have had a president sharpton, president jessi jackson, etc.

Sarcasm, right?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I voted for Dennis Kucinich, because even though I am voting for Ron Paul, if he doesn't when the republican nomination and Dennis Kucinich does run, he would be the ONLY other person I would consider voting for. Chances are though I would still write in Paul's name.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yeah i took this seriously and i used the write in option

cause what i wrote was the only option when it comes it.

it will be interesting to see how the writeins get on the poll its going to be rather difficult to squeeze them all on there.

that said i would rather see a paper bag run by the democrats.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wow I remember reading on the republican straw poll dems not voting because they were not republicans, but the republicans are not returning the favor on this poll

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Wow I remember reading on the republican straw poll dems not voting because they were not republicans, but the republicans are not returning the favor on this poll

So all those that voted in the republican poll, were republicans?
I'm a registered independent. So I feel that I have the right to cast myvote.

Unless you want to deny my right because you and Saturn won't like the results.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah, go ahead and vote so Skeptic O can make a mockery of whoever wins on the Dem side too by choosing the worst, most evil looking picture of the winner available. And as an alternate, a cartoon of the same.

:shk:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I voted for Dennis Kucinich, because even though I am voting for Ron Paul, if he doesn't when the republican nomination and Dennis Kucinich does run, he would be the ONLY other person I would consider voting for. Chances are though I would still write in Paul's name.

I assume Kucinich will win by a landslide, but I will wait and find out.

Maybe I am wrong, but I assume ATS will gravitate towards the anti-war vote.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I said "Other" and wrote in "Thomas Jefferson". All of the Democrats listed are either bat sh*t crazy, or Communists.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by N34Li3Z
Okay, there's something wrong (or right) when the only names I recognize on the polls are Obama, and "Al Sharpton." LMAO @ Al Sharpton.

So.. You does not recognize Hillary Clinton ???

Hmm...
Where's the world going...?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by LDragonFire

So all those that voted in the republican poll, were republicans?
I'm a registered independent. So I feel that I have the right to cast myvote.

Unless you want to deny my right because you and Saturn won't like the results.

Everybody can vote in a straw poll.

'nough said.

PS. for the record. I am also an independent.
And a little pissed that no Center party is big enough to get their voice heard in USA.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join