It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Election: The ATS Democratic Party (speculative) Straw Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Now that we've completed a very interesting online "straw poll" of candidates for the Republican party nomination for President of the United States, it's time to see which way the wind blows in relation to the Democrats. While a primary race for the Democratic party nomination is not yet being seriously discussed, there appears to be an increasing number of Democrats who are mentioning the possibility. So we've selected twelve probable politicians who might be early contenders in the minds of registered Democrat voters. This poll will run in the same manner as the previous poll, pick your candidate, then indicate why. However, since this is much more speculative than the Republicans, we've also provided you to pick "other," and then lets know via a function for a write-in candidate.

So, Democrats, who should run against Ron Paul (!) in the national election in 2012.

ATS Democratic Party Straw Poll

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Other: Ron Paul
Because: This one goes to eleven.

Sorry...couldn't resist. Actually I don't recognize some of the names on the list and I'm not a Democrat (or a Republican, for that matter), but I do like Kucinich for his general integrity and ability to work cross-isle, so he got my vote.

edit on 8/19/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm not a Democrat but I chose Dennis. He seemed to have many supporters at the Democratic convection when he mentioned "Wake up America!" A underdog in both parties. Battle of the underdogs. Ron Paul Vs Dennis Kucinich.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Im British, but I've always liked Mike Gravel. Heard him a few times and he's pretty straight down the line. But, I voted for other, which is Bernie Sanders. I know Im not American, but can I still play

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I picked Dennis Kucinich too.

Mostly though, I just want someone who will get in there and put an immediate stop to all these wars of aggression, and question the role of the Federal Reserve in this country.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Are you going to do a poll for the Independent Party as well?

The "two-party system" which chokes off real choices is the problem.

Only having two choices, meaning two political parties, not people, means no real choice.

No one on either the Republican or Democrat party is a real choice.

The "lesser of two evil's" is still evil.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Pretty sure Al Sharpton was in there as a joke...right?

Where is Stephen Colbert?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes. We're also going to pick twelve candidates from those who have announced independent efforts. So if your write-in is an independent, save if for the next straw poll.

link   
I love the write-in option!!!

I cant wait to see to results on this one

Great work on the development of these polls, regardless of what some may think i think they are a great addition to the site and you have obviously put some time and concideration into making it happen.

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

No. He has previously run for President on the Democratic side of the coin.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes! add many third- party candidates for a vote. Parties like the Whigs, Constitution party, Green party, Libertarian party, Communist party, and so on. Let's make this fun. I'm tired of seeing the same scary faces of both the Democrat and Republican party.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Kind of disappointed that a write-in vote doesn't seem to have the follow up questions.

Even if there is only a small percentage of write-ins a compilation of reasons might highlight the shortcomings of the listed candidates.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The "two-party system" which chokes off real choices is the problem.

Only having two choices, meaning two political parties, not people, means no real choice.

No one on either the Republican or Democrat party is a real choice.

The "lesser of two evil's" is still evil.

The only time the 2 party system will fall is when a POTUS stands up and says the 2 party system is a sham...

I would be in favor of a legislative act that bans political partys...they are just super lobbiest firms anyhow. I think all candidates should be labelled independent,,,that way there is no towing the party line, but instead, doing what is right for the country verses party.

But that won't happen anytime soon..so, line up..left or right, your choice, the other lines are short and lead to a black hole of nothingness

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I voted.
I had to choke down some bile, but I voted.
Looking forward to the results!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Okay, there's something wrong (or right) when the only names I recognize on the polls are Obama, and "Al Sharpton." LMAO @ Al Sharpton. I'm not even going to search his name to find out if that person is really running, or if he's been put in the poll as a joke, and wasn't going to participate in this one, until I read there is an option to pick "other." It's not because of me being any political party affiliation, why I wouldn't participate, it's just that I didn't recognize a single name other than the two mentioned, one of them being a joke...I hope. I admit, I don't keep up with politics, so it goes without saying that it's not unusual for me to not recognize any but two names on this list, but I do occasionally get a light infectious dose of MSM and haven't heard of these people. Well, I'm off to vote for "other," or maybe I'll get stupid and vote for an admitted cracked, racist degenerate who has solicited prostitutes and claims to be a "man of god" LOL.

to the OP, thanks for allowing the option to vote for "other," or else I'm sure there would be no participants, and I'm going to have to take a wild guess and say that of the ATS voters, this straw poll will result in 80% + voting for "OTHER"
The other 20% will be smokers of crack, and those born in Kenya, lol. (jokes)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SaturnFX

No. He has previously run for President on the Democratic side of the coin.

Sure, toss that in our face...fine...we are sorry!

Actually, would be interesting to have someone like Bill Gates have a go...get a corporatist liberal. best of both worlds?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManOfGod267

I'm not a Democrat but I chose Dennis. He seemed to have many supporters at the Democratic convection when he mentioned "Wake up America!" A underdog in both parties. Battle of the underdogs. Ron Paul Vs Dennis Kucinich.

I chose Dennis as well due to his "electibility". That was a horrific list of candidates though - clearly all of them are bought and paid for.

link   
well there is not one so far worth saying ya for so i did a write in, i hope that person does think about it, but then not sure if that person is dem or not.

link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I voted.
I had to choke down some bile, but I voted.
Looking forward to the results!

-blinks-

Why? your...not a dem.
I didn't vote in the republican thingie because...well, I am about as republican as janeane garofalo. I thought the concept of these polls were to see what the sides were thinking verses how skewed it can be made..
if there are only 4 libs on ATS...it should be 4 votes for who is leading in the lib vote, not how many non-voting conservatives can misrepresent...and visa versa (didn't vote for the republicans because that would skew the results..not that it would matter, I also am into ron paul out of the whole lot on the right...mostly because he is very liberal socially)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Add Ron Paul to that though - if he doesn't win the Republican nomination I want him running as an alternative to the Republican nominee.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join