It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 out of the top 10 Richest Members of Congress are.....Democrats.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Link.

Aren't these kinds of lists fun?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Many corporate dems in the party...that's why it sucks.

But then again, if they are advocating raising their own taxes....would it really matter if they were all in the top 10?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Another possible title to this thread:

"Top 2 Richest Members of Congress are...Republicans."

Seems like silly political baiting, either way.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Not if it makes a point that counters the public's general impression.

I guess one man's political baiting is another man's education.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Nothing shocking about this. Both parties serve masters that exist in tax brackets that are far above you and I.

This is why Washington should be purged completely.

If you do not answer to the people, then you should be removed from office, jailed, and possibly executed for treason depending on how knee deep you are in Goldman Sach's manure. That's the way that this country should be run.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My favorite is Rosa DeLauro. I consider her a paid traitor and assassin. No that is not flaming it is the truth. She is going to be responsible for the deaths of hundred of Americans in the near future.

see thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But the entry that really sent my Democratic strategist friend ballistic was the one for Rep. Rosa DeLauro, the Connecticut Democrat. La Rosa--tied for #48 on the Richest list--gets the lion's share of her wealth from her husband--Clintonista pollster and campaign strategist Stan Greenberg. Says Roll Call, "DeLauro's primary asset is a 67-percent stake in Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research Inc., a Washington-based firm run by her husband, Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg. Her share in the company nets the Representative $5 million to $25 million. She has a partial stake in two other polling/consulting firms. The first is Greenberg Research, of which she and her husband own 100 percent, and Sun Surveys, in which she owns a 60 percent stake. Neither of these is as lucrative as Greenberg Quinlan Rosner, however."
My bud the political warhorse snorted, "Hell, she first ran for Congress she didn't have a dime--I was one of her biggest contributors. And Stan Greenberg, who worked for me back when he was starting out, used to have holes in his socks!" Noting that Congressional wealth is usually closer to the higher than to the lower estimates on the disclosure forms, my dour Democrat gasped, "That means they're making around $50 million! These people shouldn't be running Democratic campaigns!"

So, if you want to know why the national Democrats seem, in this campaign, to have a tin ear where touching the hearts and minds of the working stiffs is concerned, think about this: the three partners in the Democracy Corps--Greenberg, James Carville, and Kerry's chief message-shaper Bob Shrum--are all multimillionaires. And yet their counsel--proferred in an endless series of free Democracy Corps memos distributed to the party elite well before and during the presidential primaries, whose content (or lack of it) they helped shape--is taken as gospel by Democratic liberals feverish for victory. Well, as the old Texas populist Maury Maverick Jr. used to say, "a liberal is a power junkie without the power." 
www.mlive.com...

I wonder where those millions amassed "during public service" came from, don't you???  Perhaps from corporations interested in manipulating the public and instituting Corporate favorable law?

Shortened CORPORATE CLIENT LIST:

Corporations

* Allegheny Power
* Ameritech
* Boeing
* BP/b]
* Business Roundtable
* Centex
* Charles Schwab
* CNBC
* Coca-Cola
* Commerce Bank
* Comverse
* DNA Sciences / Genaissance Pharmaceuticals

* Fitch Ratings
* General Motors
* Israeli Cellular Phone Company Providers
* Israeli Cable Companies

* Los Angeles Times
* MCI
* Mills Corporation [real estate investment trust]
* Microsoft
* Monsanto

* Nevada Power
* Organization for International Investment
* Pacific Gas and Electric
* Palisades Pictures
* Pax World Investments
* Pitney Bowes
* Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG)
* Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
* Shangri-la Entertainment
* Sun Microsystems
* United Airlines
* United HealthCare/Ovations
* Univision
* Verizon
www.greenbergresearch.com...

What is REAL interesting is Rosa Delauro has been pushing "Monsanto's Dream bill" starting in 1998.

...For ten years, from 1998 through 2008, a group of high-ranking corporate purchasing managers from some of the most well-known and largest food companies in North America were involved in racketeering, bribery, conspiracy, price fixing, bid rigging, and falsifying laboratory tests. The scope of corruption involved more than 55 companies, and included PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay, Kraft Foods, B&G Foods, the maker of Ortega Mexican foods, Safeway, and SK Foods LP, one of the nation’s largest tomato processors.

This racketeering scam had been going on for 10 years. Where was the FDA while the American public was being sold contaminated food? No amount of federal regulation will change corruption and deliberate negligence within the federal regulatory system itself.... blog.friendseat.com...

Her bill finally pasted Congress and now the International Ag Cartel aka the IPC or the World Trade Organization has been given full control of the US Food Chain from "Farm to Table"

The "Food Safety Modernization Act" just being passed in December 2010 g0es in effect 2012.
The new law includes the following section:
SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
www.fda.gov...

Organic Consumers use to have a nice graph showing the sharp spike in food borne illness after HACCP was up and running. Unfortunately Organic Consumers is funded by the Rockefeller foundations so the graph was removed.

I went to the CDC site and recreated the graph to send to Farm-to-Consumer. The incidence of food borne illness in the three years before HACCP was less than half the incidence in the three years after HACCP was fully implemented.

SEE: SHIELDING THE GIANT: USDA's “Don't Look, Don't Know” Policy

Notice how in the following remarks of Congressman Durbin, NOTHING is ever said about the connection between a switch from hands on government inspection to Corporate inspection with a glance at the paperwork by government "Food Inspectors" This is despite numerous complaints by food inspectors, testimony before Congress by the chairman of the food inspectors union AND over 1000 non-compliance reports (16 POUND) turned up as a result of a FOIA from the food inspectors union!!!!

... Mr. DURBIN. Mr. President, today I rise to introduce the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act.

When I introduced this bill in the last Congress, we were in the middle of one of the largest food-borne illness outbreaks in the history of our country. Nearly 1500 people fell sick last spring and summer because of Salmonella Saintpaul, leading to a Government investigation that pointed the finger first at tomatoes and then at jalapeno peppers in Texas before settling on Serrano peppers in Mexico.....

www.ftcldf.org...

Congressman Durbin (D) and Congresswoman Delauro (D) have spent about a decade trying to get a bill passed that would hand control of the US food supply over to the Ag Cartel running the World Trade Organization. Now they have finally done so. Our food will become less safe and more expensive. The corporations through "TRACEABILITY" (mandated by the WTO) will point the finger at farmers ducking all liability. Notice how the illustration points the finger at FLORIDA FARMERS then TEXAS FARMERS and then Mexico but NEVER mentions the corporation who PACKAGED, TESTED and SOLD the produce!

Remember HACCP???
"..the plant operator was required to identify potential hazards and the critical points in the process where those hazards could come into play. The plan would then identify procedures that would be used to minimize the hazard risk at those control points. The plant would be responsible for the implementation of the plan...."

So WHY didn't DURBIN ever mention the role of the processing plant in the whole debacle??? WHY do only FARMERS show up in the news in conjunction to the problem???

48 Million US Cases of Food-Borne Illness in 2010 Push Industry toward RFID-Enabled Food Safety Systems - “RFID-enabled Food Safety and Traceability Systems”

Now TRACEABILITY has hit the Federal Register.

For more info see my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
(You can make comments AT the Federal Register)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
John Kerry, 193 million? lol

John Kerry is married to Theresa Heinz-Kerry. She inherited a "ketchup empire" from her late husband Sen. H. John Heinz, who died in 1991 in a private aircraft accident.

Therefore, his net worth is not 193,000,000. It is estimated to be between 1 billion on the low side and 3.2 billion on the high side.
articles.latimes.com...

And with all that money, he is still a tax cheat, refusing to pay Massachusetts excise tax on his 7 million dollar yacht, a tax which he voted for. Go figure.
bostonherald.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Did not know this.

She just made the top 50.

I've got some reading to do.

reply to post by METACOMET

But I did know that!

edit on 20-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It sickens me most to see the Rockefeller in that list. This bloodline is terrible as are all the others and at some point these people need to stop obtaining power.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They're pretty much all millionaires. That should be looked at with more scrutiny by the voting populace.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Of course it does. The tax proposals are targeted at the " millionaires and billionaires" and the democrat party has been successful in creating this impression that the folks with hundreds of millions are the only ones who would be affected.

The reality of course is far different and when the rubber hits the road, the largest group that are impacted by the confiscatory tax policies being proposed by the democrats are folks who own small businesses and claim their business income as personal income. The entire "tax the rich" rhetoric from the democrat party is rife with lies and distortion. A gent who gets $1M in income out of his business with a 5% margin ain't rich. He's pulling in $50K/year in discretionary income and if calculated by hourly compensation makes less than the minimum wage and several times less that the typical union worker. He also has no pension (Selling his business is his pension) and is forking out for his own health insurance.

The rich on the list make very little in income that is impacted by income taxes. They make their money on investment income and capital gains. Most of these folks probably claim their congressional and senate income as their sole source of income. The real estate holding income flowing into trusts, the investment income flowing into endowments and trusts. These are folks who don't OWN anything. Their Martha Vineyard compounds and Montana ranches are owned by family trusts, etc.

Raising taxes on the folks on the list does not impact them at all. And even if it did, they have so much money that a doubling of taxes still makes them extremely wealthy, where as raising taxes on the small business will put a ton of small businesses out of business. First they can workers, second they close their doors.

Again, the tax policy is not an economic policy - that is proven by the numbers. It is a "social justice" policy. These folks, like Warren Buffett and his ilk are disengenuous liars. And the people who rail on about how the rich don't pay enough are again, not seeking to solve economic problems. They are looking to penalize a sector of society. Thats fine, just be honest about it.
edit on 20-8-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join