It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AntiSec hackers leak private documents of U.S. military contractor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Looks like the hacktivist are at it again (wonder when hacktivist will show up in spellcheck (
, this time they have attacked VDI. Once again this shows how these are not a gang of script kitties loading up their LOIC and firing at anything they are commanded too, these are smart people.

Personally though, although i agree with the anti-sec movement, i believe they are doing it all wrong. What will these leaked documents bring to us? Nothing. They need to start leaking useful documents, some might find this info useful i for one, do not.

We will have to see what happens next...

[url=http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/08/18/antisec-hackers-leak-private-documents-of-u-s-military-contractor/#.Tk5zNSiUfHE.twitter]www.rawstory.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The thing about exposing documents, any documents, is that the truth gets out and it sends the message that these companies, governments and corrupt leaders cannot hide their secrets. Thats a powerful message to send to a group of people that thrive on secrecy.

When these same companies and govts completely control the media outlets the only access to truth is from these hacktivists.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

This is true, i'm sure that is their intentions, but the issue i see is that the sheeple will just think of them as terrorist, because the media will fearmonger on the leaks, ensuring the public disagrees and thinks that they are endangering them.

If only we could get a few good leaks to expose the governments around the world, that would be a glorious day.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Can WE get to see this info?
IF they have it!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
reply to post by doctornamtab

This is true, i'm sure that is their intentions, but the issue i see is that the sheeple will just think of them as terrorist, because the media will fearmonger on the leaks, ensuring the public disagrees and thinks that they are endangering them.

that was the intent from the onset anyway, maybe there are a few who actually think they can do good but its not in the cards...
ATS content
more ATS content
just saying, there is always more than meets the eye...

If only we could get a few good leaks to expose the governments around the world, that would be a glorious day.

we got leaks? where are they? whats in em'? got links?
other than the news and reports of the leaks and obtained info i have never seen any of them...just sayin'
edit on 19-8-2011 by RadicalRebel because: format

edit on 19-8-2011 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Generally they are in pastbin or seeding on the pirate bay, i wouldn't try downloading the torrents unless they are legit though, there is a high chance the global elite will fake some leaks and throw them up there to help track down those who downloaded them and are archiving.

Also

Leaks
edit on 19-8-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
IF they have it!

Yes see above post.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
thepiratebay.org...

Safe link, triple checked, uploaded not so long ago
edit on 19-8-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

PS: you can also browse the emails here

4aclu6ka6s7gz6st.tor2web.org...
edit on 19-8-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

see, that creates a problem for me. Am i gonna try and read a file only to be arrested by the feds later cuz i accidentally downloaded some script that is used later in a different attack?

I dont get why they cant use thier skills to publicize these materials and then protect the site they are on, just my perspective.

Thanks for the link as well even though i wont DL any of it...
edit on 19-8-2011 by RadicalRebel because: spellin'

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

there is no scripts or anything , we're actualy releasing the dox to show people the nature of what the gov is doing, not to harm the readers

if you're so paranoid,use the tor2web link provided

FFS, you people here on ATS cant see when we're trying to show you something.

Conspiracies,conspiracies everywhere

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'd like to get some legitimite information out there too but these hacktivists have to protect themselves right? They cant go out and tell all the secrets because then, if they get caught, they have nothing to bargain with. They have to keep the real good stuff pretty secret until the time is right. Also, I dont think they want to cause panic and be blamed for all sorts of awful things if say, UFO-alien disclosure, was a part of stolen documents.

Itd be safer and more clever if these hacktivists leak documents that INFER the big story. Keeping the disclosure example going: Leak secret product blueprints of companies that back engineer UFO technology. Or, leak memos between govts about fishy "security issues about their airspace".

I feel like the LAST thing these hacktivists want is to hurt society and the poor people in it. This is why they're not hacking YOUR email. But if they cause any sort of damage or panic, everything they worked for will be slandered by the media. Gotta keep some secrets for a rainy day, you know?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
IF they have it!

Im sure you can find it easy if you want.. best not to post on ats or you get a slap on the wrists...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
FFS, you people here on ATS cant see when we're trying to show you something.

Conspiracies,conspiracies everywhere

Exactly! how many of the "average joe" is gonna know where to look, and then take the risk to DL these things...i mean really, there ARE hackers out there

Anon needs to take this all into consideration.
As for conspiracies...a lot of people, not just on ATS, have a tendancy to question everything...If you can get through that, then perhaps you find your support strenghtned.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

You nailed it! Just heard about 20 minutes ago that this "Vanguard Defense Industries Hack" was BS. Apparently the FBI and Interpol's Cyber Crime Centre used Vanguard to bait groups out especially AntiSec. Our first clue was that the hack claimed to get into "sensitive files" but it was restricted to Gmail and vdicorporation.com addresses. First off, defense contractors in the U.S. are prohibited from using gmail as a corporate governance issue due to the lack of security protocols. Secondly, we checked out vdicorporation.com email and that is a "bravenet.com" hosted platform. Once again prohibited from use by defense contractors. I read some of the emails and they look more like press releases and the "schematics" are also BS. Those are specification sheets which have been on their website since early 2010. Honestly, I'm not sure at all at this was AntiSec to begin with but it sure drew a lot of mates out into the open via IP addresses. Lesson learned, If it seems too good to be true then it probably is!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Info can be downloaded on pirate bay........

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deephavoc

you should try to prove it Dear

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

So how's this for proof AnonymousVan........ are you learning yet? Your NEXT!!!

U.K. Police Charge 22 Year Old in ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Probe

"A 22-year-old man was charged with computer offenses by U.K. police investigating attacks on companies carried out by the hacking group Anonymous.

Peter David Gibson, a student from Hartlepool, England, was charged with a conspiracy to impair the operation of a computer or hinder access to a program or data, the Metropolitan Police in London said today in a statement. Gibson had been arrested along with five others by officers in connection with so-called denial of service attacks against several companies, the police said."

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

So much for your "Safe Link". Anyone who reads the private information stolen for citizens is as guilty as the "Hackers" themselves!

U.K. Police Charge 22 Year Old in ‘Anonymous’ Hacking Probe

"A 22-year-old man was charged with computer offenses by U.K. police investigating attacks on companies carried out by the hacking group Anonymous.

Peter David Gibson, a student from Hartlepool, England, was charged with a conspiracy to impair the operation of a computer or hinder access to a program or data, the Metropolitan Police in London said today in a statement. Gibson had been arrested along with five others by officers in connection with so-called denial of service attacks against several companies, the police said."

www.bloomberg.com...

new topics

top topics

join