It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt accuses Israel of evil plot to sterilize people using shampoo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This sounds crazy as it can get; the Egyptian government is charging that an Israeli civilian was sent into their country to sell a shampoo that would sterilize the people who used it.

'Mossad plotted to harm Egyptian fertility'

Egypt's Al-Ahram daily claims Israeli Ofir Harrari accused of spying for Israel, devised to sell Egypt hair products endangering reproductive abilities

Israeli citizen Ofir Harrari, recently accused by Egypt of spying for Israel, was allegedly involved in a complicated scheme intended to harm Egyptian reproduction abilities, Egypt's official state paper Al-Ahram has claimed.

Harrari, accused by Egypt of being an agent of the Mossad, is set be tried in absentia on charges of "spying for a foreign country with the purpose of harming Egyptian national interest," news agency MENA reported on Sunday.

"According to the public prosecutor's office's investigation, 'Mossad agent Ofir Harrari' instructed Jordanian Ibrahim abu-Zaid to set up a company in Egypt which would exclusively import an Israeli hair product, for both men and women, which causes infertility. This in order to completely destroy Egyptian reproduction abilities," Al-Ahram states.

The report also asserted that the Mossad supposedly required that abu-Zaid open communications companies in Sudan and Libya, so as to enable Israel to follow communication traffic in both countries.

Ynet News

I wonder if they have any proof of the allegations or if this is just your run-of-the-mill anti Israel propaganda. You would think that they had done some type of tests on the shampoo to determine that it was causing infertility before bringing charges, otherwise they would end up looking just plain silly.

If there is any evidence to back up their claims, you can expect the MSM to studiously ignore this story. If they have no proof, you can expect them to jump all over this story as an example of radical Islamic anti-semitism.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Just another lame reason for Middle East countries to pick on Israel.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Seems kind of sketchy.

The product pictured above is called Sea Buckthorn S.L.S Free shampoo.

A quick search for merchants online all led back to RussianTable.com, so I guess they're targeting them too

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I wonder if they have any proof of the allegations or if this is just your run-of-the-mill anti Israel propaganda.

I'm not fan of Israel but this is pretty blatant propaganda, this smacks of the "fat rendered to soap" and "human skin lampshades" from the death camps.

Plenty of legitimate reasons to have a problem with Israel without resorting to this

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

If this doesn't sound like a headline from The Onion, I don't know what does. You would figure that the Egyptians, before making a claim that makes you sound like a raving lunatic, would have some hard EVIDENCE to back up these bizarre claims considering Israel is involved. They DID test the shampoo right?? If not, wow, what a bunch of lunatics.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I looked into the shampoo/ infertility claim and it seems that some scientific studies claim that chemicals in shampoos CAN cause infertility.

Could Your Shampoo Be Behind Your Infertility?

The study looked at a group of 1,200 newly pregnant women, who are part of a long-term health study. They found that of the group, 30% tried for more than six months before conceiving, and half of that tried for more than a year.

Using blood work, the researchers found varying levels of PFCs in all the women's blood. The researchers grouped the women according to the levels of PFCs found in their bloodstream. What they found is thought provoking.

The women with the highest levels of PFOS in their bloodstream were up to 134% more likely to have taken six months or more to conceive, and the women with high levels of PFOA were up to 154% more likely to need more than six months to get pregnant.

These chemicals are found in a number of products. According to PollutioninPeople.org, PFCs are found in grease-resistant food packaging (like popcorn bags), DuPont’s Teflon products (like that great non-stick frying pan you may have), water-resistant clothing, and personal care products like shampoo and dental floss.

About.com

Polysorbate 80 Causes Infertility
An Emulsifier That Can Damage Your Reproductive Health

A common emulisfier in cosmetics, vaccines and even ice cream, has been proven to damage fertility.
Polysorbate 80 (also known as tween 80) is a stabilizer used in a wide variety of products including ice cream, milk products, vitamin tablets, lotions and creams and medical products like vaccines and anti-cancer medications.

It is toxic and should not be eaten, drunk, put on the skin or injected.

In addition to this, there have been numerous studies which show that the stabilizer causes infertility:

Gajdova M, Jakubovsky J, Valky J.Delayed effects of neonatal exposure to Tween 80 on female reproductive organs in rats. Food Chem Toxicol. 1993 Mar;31(3):183-90. PMID: 8473002.

Baby female rats were injected with polysorbate 80 at days 4-7 after birth. It accelerated the maturing of the rats and caused changes to the vagina and womb lining, hormonal changes, ovary deformities and degenerative follicles.

According to the World Intellectual Property Organization, which is part of the United Nations, scientists from the organization are developing vaccines specifically to damage fertility as a method of contraception. A suggested ingredient for the vaccine is tween 80 (polysorbate 80):

Polysorbate 80 is in shampoo and bubble bath, and the dairy industry uses it in ice cream to help retain the shape of the ice cream and to prevent it from melting so quickly after it has been removed from a freezer. Perhaps before you visit the ice cream section of your supermarket, you should re-think your purchase.

More worrying is the new Gardasil cervical cancer vaccine which is being injected into girls aged 9-26.

Suite 101

The shampoo may just have polysorbate 80 and/ or PFCs in them in normal amounts which could give rise to this claim but, what if it contains BOTH these ingredients? What if it contains an unusually high amount of these ingredients?

It would be an ingenious way to increase infertility in a population and you could claim that these were just normal, everyday ingrediants used in shampoos all over the world.

edit on 8/19/11 by FortAnthem because:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f9e57e278a7.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Seems kind of sketchy.

The product pictured above is called Sea Buckthorn S.L.S Free shampoo.

A quick search for merchants online all led back to RussianTable.com, so I guess they're targeting them too

Good find.

I got that pic from another source covering the story. I'm not 100% sure they used a pic of the actual product or just a pic of shampoo with middle eastern writing on it.

If that is the shampoo and it does contain Poly 80 or PFCs, while claiming to be all natural and organic, that would lead me to believe the Egyptian's claims have some merit...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
this makes me think of an article i read yesterday about terrorists attacking the israel border from egypt. dont think egypt and israel will be kosher for much longer. and israel might wanna change their position on who was attacking them. maybe egyptians were actually behind the attacks originating from inside their own border. israel and egypt going at each other will definitely add another dynamic to the middle eastern/african conflicts. i wonder how libya could also tie into this.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
this isnt far fetched. some people on ATS think they know it all so they comment on every thread without even taking a minute to think, research or even read the OP.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I also looked up why the shampoo would advertise itself as being SLS free.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: What You Need to Know
We all believe that cosmetic products are expected to enhance your beauty. But while purchasing these products, have ever wondered what goes into them? The reason why you need to be careful is because of the presence of a certain surfactant Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) in many cosmetic products such as soap, toothpaste, shampoos, shaving cream etc. These products are well promoted by a plethora of advertisements which make them appear attractive to you. But how many of you are really aware of their harmful side effects? Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is present in most "supposedly safe" cosmetics, is in reality a harmful, toxic material, which causes skin-irritation, hair-loss, and if present in large concentrations, can even lead to CANCER.

Why Is SLS used?
The necessity of SLS stems from its lather-producing feature. Hard water thwarts the formation of lather by soaps which do not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. The chemicals within hard water react with the soap to form a soap-scum, which settles in as a layer on your skin. This outer sheath disallows various medications to penetrate your skin and also prevents the dirt in your skin from escaping its surface. To negate this effect, SLS is used in these products, since it allows the water to lather with the soap. But this lather is created at the cost of your skin"s safety.

What Happens To Our Body
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate affects proteins in your body by acting as a bridge between fat soluble and water soluble parts in a protein nucleus. This leads to extreme degeneration of your protein structure, which can in turn adversely affect your skin.

SLS free.org

It seems that SLS is used to produce the lathering effect in soaps. Polysorbate 80 also is used for the same purpose. Both are poisonous.

It could be that they advertize themselves as being SLS free because they instead use Poly 80 to promote lathering. I guess its not deceptive advertizing to tell people you don't use one poisonous substance in your product because you substituted another poison in its place. You just failed to remember to mention that part.

Absolutely unethical but, not illegal.

I'm starting to think there may really be something to the Egyptian's claims...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Lol, it's like the plot to some artsy indie film..

Metropia

I liked the movie, but actually considered as I watched. What if somebody actually tries this?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It could be that they advertize themselves as being SLS free because they instead use Poly 80 to promote lathering. I guess its not deceptive advertizing to tell people you don't use one poisonous substance in your product because you substituted another poison in its place. You just failed to remember to mention that part

To me it all sounds as a rerun of "Mossad shark" saga, there are tens of millions of Egyptians , how many of them will use 12$ shampoo is a mystery to me. But i will check on Sunday if this has poly 80 since we sell the thing. And it is not the most popular shampoo even in (much richer the Egypt) Israel.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I'm also wondering; that looks like HEBREW writing on the side of the shampoo.

Since a lot of people in that reigon hate Israel so much, would something like that even sell over there or do they change the writing and not say the country of origin when selling it in the Middle East?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No more strange than ME countries claiming Israel trained sharks and deployed them off the coast of Egypt to attack arabs.

ATS Thread

Just like clockwork... When ever a Middle East country has internal issues, something occurs and fingers point to Israel.

Egypt in this case is seeing a resurgence of protests against the interim government. Iran does the same thing, as does the PA, Syria etc...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Its one thing for an unnamed "official" to make wild accusations, its another to bring charges before a court of law. In a court of law, it is expected that you be able to bring forward some type of evidence that a crime has been committed.

Even though they are charging him "in absentia", they still have to present some facts at trial to prove their allegations. At least one would hope so if they seriously want to try to extradite this guy someday.

There is suspicion that the government may be trying to appease the mob but, I would like to hear their evidence before I come to any conclusions.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
From the looks of the news clips, it appears that the people in that area are allergic to soap and water anyway.
I imagine the shampoo would have a really tragic effect.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
From the looks of the news clips, it appears that the people in that area are allergic to soap and water anyway.
I imagine the shampoo would have a really tragic effect.

That's just wrong on so many levels.

Anyhoo.

So whats Egypt recommending the people to do?

Rinse and not repeat?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
reply to post by Xcathdra

Its one thing for an unnamed "official" to make wild accusations, its another to bring charges before a court of law. In a court of law, it is expected that you be able to bring forward some type of evidence that a crime has been committed.

Even though they are charging him "in absentia", they still have to present some facts at trial to prove their allegations. At least one would hope so if they seriously want to try to extradite this guy someday.

There is suspicion that the government may be trying to appease the mob but, I would like to hear their evidence before I come to any conclusions.

Please... Do you actually think a person who is accused of being a mossad agent is going to get a fair trial in Egypt? Familiarize yourself with Egyptian jurisprudence an get back to me.

top topics

join