It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandstorm Engulfs City of Phoenix, Arizona - Watch Video + UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Wow watch the video, nature is amazing

The American city of Phoenix was clouded by a huge sandstorm which swept in from the desert.

It is the third time this year that such an intense storm, called a haboob which is traditionally seen in the Sahara desert, has sprung up in the American South West.

The enormous brown clouds brought a halt to road and air traffic while the dust and dirt spread for miles over anything in its path.

Video - BBC News
edit on 19-8-2011 by bsalert because: miss-spelling corrected

edit on 19-8-2011 by bsalert because: change title

edit on 19-8-2011 by bsalert because: changed title

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've Just watched the video again, what is the object in the sky just before the sand storm?

It seems that at around 24 seconds a UFO emerges from the sand storm? what is that?
edit on 19-8-2011 by bsalert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You know this has been happening quite frequently in Phoenix lately.

Kinda looks just like the one last month.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The UFO or the sand storm?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
can someone tell me why a sandstorm in arizona is on british news across the us and atlantic ocean? what significance does it have to them?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo
[more

Didn't they mention the royal wedding in the states? it's a trivia fill story, we know we are not the centre of the universe and are aware that other countries exist, don't you get international news in the states?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
can someone tell me why a sandstorm in arizona is on british news across the us and atlantic ocean? what significance does it have to them?

to answer your question
its a distraction from the issue's they are having there...

as far as the UFO goes it appears to be flying in a straight line
like a conventional terrestrial craft... imo

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

its a distraction from the issue's they are having there...

...or it's because the BBC covers all world news...

See how there are different regions?

The sandstorm in Phoenix is in the US & Canada section.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What a plane was flying around in the sand storm ???

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsalert
I've Just watched the video again, what is the object in the sky just before the sand storm?

It seems that at around 24 seconds a UFO emerges from the sand storm? what is that?
edit on 19-8-2011 by bsalert because: (no reason given)

Its the chopper that takes the footage seen at the 35 sec mark.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
My guess is that it is a plane. The camera pans out at the very end of the video and you can see runways. I would also guess that it was the Chandler airport.
When the dust storms roll in the flight approach path drops and the air traffic controllers rack and pack the planes. Couple of major airports, one being an international, you can see strings of lights coming in from the East and West. More than usual. Phoenix also had a couple of rain storms right after the dust storm. The planes drop low to avoid the higher up storm clouds.
It has been a terrible hot summer in AZ and is always in a perpetual drought. Seems that there is more dust to blow around.
I have lived in AZ most of my life, most around Phoenix. Never seen a Haboob up until this year. Now there has been at least 3 gigantic ones.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

excellent question im wondering why all the attention myself

i lived in new mexico in the desert for ten years huge wall cloud dust storms were not uncommon at all they look just like the one in this vid and happen many times every year, never in my years of living through it did i ever see it broadcast to newstations outside the state,

why the holy hell does the whole world care about this atypical occurence now!?!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

your replies ALWAYS fit in with the interest of the opposing party example in this case bbc themselves,

you ever wonder why they didnt cover the dust storms every year for the last few decades? why the interest so suddenly now? oh god why am i asking you of all people

plz the questions are rhetorical for you.
edit on 8/19/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
As explained in your other thread that mirrors this one.....its a news chopper

Why troll the boards with the same thing??? People will come to the same conclusion regardless of how many times you post the video lol

Its not in the cloud, the chopper filming the other chopper is in the air.......if 1 news chopper is up chances are there will be others.

Its a chopper...nothing more nothing less.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well that's one opinion but not mine can you prove it's a chopper No so it's unidentified until Proven otherwise

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Well that's one opinion but not mine can you prove it's a chopper No so it's unidentified until Proven otherwise

When it looks like a chopper, acts like a chopper, is close to an airfield and other choppers are in the sky chances are its s chopper.

I dont see why you would believe it was anything else?? Whats your reasoning behind your own opinion?

We had the same sort of images when the Japan quake hit....people mis-identifying choppers that were flying about filming the destruction...i couldnt convince them despite showing them HD footage, which clearly showed the choppers they were claiming as UFO's.

Sometimes your belief/faith will blind you, i think this is the case here

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What a plane was flying around in the sand storm ???

i don't know... if it was a plane, a helicopter, or a TR-3B...?

maybe the space invaders created the sand storm

new topics

top topics

join