It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is prepping us for DISCLOSURE! Scientists Worried E.T. Could Attack to Save Humanity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
To stop global warming? Fox News is laughable, and I'm pretty sure this has already been posted. I found it interesting they used the term "global warming" in the title when this study clearly references varying types of environmental damage which are a lot more real than global warming. The poster mentioning something about the carbon tax may be onto something imo.

edit on 19-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: spelling

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Oh, okay.

Instead of saying, "Thank you MRUSS for getting to the truth of this story...."

Everyone just keeps posting as if it is a story.

It's is NOT a story.

See above replies.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Obviously it's the Protoss coming to burn the Zerg infection out of us.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

MRuss.

No need to get upset. Thanks for sharing the information. Maybe it would help if you shared the source as well?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
sounds very hollywood.

the day the earth stood still i think was the one.

Yes, that was the movie, "The Day the Earth Stood Still." That 1951 movie should be our guiding bit of wisdom even though it is sixty years old. The truth is so simple, but we have been dealt a world of continued and even increased materialism and miloitarization since those days before TV that many cannot even grasp the concept of what it preached. Yes, it did preach, not for the superiority of man over ETs, as did the later blockbuster Independence Day and many others, but for the recovery of mankind's innate superior wisdom over his material desires and natural aggressions. That is why it is the most popular ever of the old flying saucer movies. It had a message that we could recognize.

My view on this NASA report (nicely connected with an outside agency to share the critical heat) is that it is the way they have thrown out to the masses the true situation that many of us abdductees and merely clear thinkers have been saying for a a couple of decades at least.

We are killing the planet environomentally and possibly with weapons and politics. Basically, a superior intelligence wouldn't allow to happen. Of course, it will be seen only as one of the extreme perspectives of the report, but I would say that it is the reason for and the heart of the report. It didn't come up by happenstance. It is a shock and awe approach to the myriad of world problems we face from all of those topics we see daily here on ATS but usually keep far from the Aliens & UFOs forum .

The aliens are coming...no, their here!. How do you want them to approach, with extermination as their agenda, or as helpers? Your choice.

The apes are restless.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I did give the source. Nasa Watch.

The author's full blown apology is quoted there, which I also quoted in my first reply.

Here's the link:

nasawatch.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
? So Alien carbon tax police
will pull the planet over. and say.
"step out of the bunkers with your hand up"
and then kick us off the planet!
make us in to slaves to clean all the mess up.
Hey I am All for That!
or just kill us all?
then They have to tidy the mess up.
or just wait 20,000 years for it to all to disepear,

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The Rich don't need you anymore. There's no more pennies to pinch from you.

You know too much, you know what they did. Can't have you telling your kids and the following Generations...they're planet is polluted beyond repair and the air isn't fit to breath...water isn't fit to drink..

Time to mop up.....with their "Alienz" ships.....it's not really aliens. Just ships they've been working on for decades with the Trillions they've fleeced from America and the world.

...Time to mop up. There's nobody that can stop them from killing everyone.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cheftim59

I think what is silly about this whole thing is underestimating the cosmic perspective. It's the same problem people have when they assume that aliens could not possibly travel light years or defy physics because we can't.

Understand that any civilization with that sort of wisdom and ability to travel will also have a long-term cosmic perspective. Every galaxy is an enormous recycling machine. Every star destroys its system, becomes star dust, then gets formed (see any nebula) into another system... all the while coming closer to their respective centers of galaxies only to be sucked in, chewed up, and spit out as gas.

Knowing this and seeing this... why would the salvation of one planet (a planet that will pass by anyway within a blink of an eye) be important to save from its inhabitants? Makes no sense to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
...so, if we don't pay the carbon tax, aliens will come and eat us so we don't spread to another planet...

Makes perfect sense....

I propose ATS apply for funding, because it appears think-tanks of any nature are getting in on it. Some of the ideas posted here are not that far off from those presented in this study, we ought to make money for it!

...just say'n...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
If the aliens really want to save humanity, they're better of eradicating all those corrupt politicians and bankers we have in our countries.

as long as the lawyers are killed first, I'm all in.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Okay I am normally a skeptic of grainy videos and abduction stories but even I am amazed by this story. For years, scientists have acknowledge aliens exist outside of our solar system but its impossible for these civilizations to make contact (because of the vast distance). Now they are saying theres a possibility these civilization can travel through space and invade each other.
This is big

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
everyone should read the comment posted here by MRUSS.This story is bogus

Sorry to rain on your parade, but this has just become a non story. Apparently, the bloke who wrote the article referenced NASA by mistake--and it was picked up by the Guardian and the Drudge Report.

edit on 19-8-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The third author was a post-doc at NASA HQ at the time he wrote the paper. Here is the link to his blog in which he clarifies this relationship and his activities in response to the brouhaha raised by publicity.

paleblueblog.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i just finished watching if aliens attack on discovery channel. basically they were saying that we're pretty much toast.

then they mentioned that one of ronald reagans biggest fears was being invaded by extraterrestrials from space.

he mentioned this 4 times in public. and off course the msm did its job by ignoring and covering up the blunders of this hick.

gorbachev also related during some interviews, that he and ronald reagan spoke about this and how there is a mutual understanding that russia and the u.s. would become allies to combat an alien invasion.

the real reason behind the star wars defense project was to defend earth from outer space against this threat and not against russian icbm's.

when leaders, of the two most powerful nations in history, discuss the possibility of the defense of earth from alien threats, you have to be concerned.

we elect officials to think for us, to act for us, to fight for us and to solve our problems so we can live in make believe land, cheer the broncos and order pizza.

it's time to face reality.

edit on 19-8-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
If the aliens really want to save humanity, they're better of eradicating all those corrupt politicians and bankers we have in our countries.

This is still being discussed amongst 2 races that I know of. Unfortunately many of us are or can have the perpencity to be just like these politicians and bankers (the powers that be) But so can some of the alien races.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would love some kind of absolute proof of Aliens or possible disclosure but this does not seem to be evidence of either.

This was pur speculation as to what might happen if we did make contact with an alien species. This was one of many scenarios as the story states and likely was the most outlandish that they felt would encourage more readers. Of course they titled the story so that they could sensationalize it as much as possible.

Interesting read though and who knows that may be a possible correct conclusion if we confirm actual contact with an alien species. Unfortunately I'd have to disagree that this somehow points to any future disclosure, thank you for posting the story though otherwise I would never have known about it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
sounds very hollywood.

the day the earth stood still i think was the one.

Yes, that was the movie, "The Day the Earth Stood Still." That 1951 movie should be our guiding bit of wisdom even though it is sixty years old. The truth is so simple, but we have been dealt a world of continued and even increased materialism and miloitarization since those days before TV that many cannot even grasp the concept of what it preached. Yes, it did preach, not for the superiority of man over ETs, as did the later blockbuster Independence Day and many others, but for the recovery of mankind's innate superior wisdom over his material desires and natural aggressions. That is why it is the most popular ever of the old flying saucer movies. It had a message that we could recognize.

My view on this NASA report (nicely connected with an outside agency to share the critical heat) is that it is the way they have thrown out to the masses the true situation that many of us abdductees and merely clear thinkers have been saying for a a couple of decades at least.

We are killing the planet environomentally and possibly with weapons and politics. Basically, a superior intelligence wouldn't allow to happen. Of course, it will be seen only as one of the extreme perspectives of the report, but I would say that it is the reason for and the heart of the report. It didn't come up by happenstance. It is a shock and awe approach to the myriad of world problems we face from all of those topics we see daily here on ATS but usually keep far from the Aliens & UFOs forum .

The aliens are coming...no, their here!. How do you want them to approach, with extermination as their agenda, or as helpers? Your choice.

The apes are restless.

You are applying Human concepts of right and wrong to your theory on how you believe E.T. thinks. This is a mistake. First of all you have to understand we are aware of several different races and besides the fact that they each have their own agenda....if they were so worried about how we are polluting our planet....I would think that they would have intervened way before it reached this point of condition.

You are also making the mistake of thinking that a very intelligent or advanced race would act in some benign...caretaker capacity of either or planet or us or both. That is not the case. The best word to describe their mindset would be....indifference. Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This report of MSM today is a psy-op. There's absolutely nothing about this "study" in the website of Penn State University, which is mentioned as the partner of NASA on this research.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Let me tell y'all what this is okay. What this is, is not necessarily to get you to believe in aliens. This is to get you to take notice in prevention of global warming. Sure, it will get you talking about how crazy this or that theory is. I can already hear the average joe/sheep talking about this: "Ha, can you believe this, Ted? Aliens? I mean come on, you really think ET is going to kill us for warming the earth? Speaking of which, that global warming...etc etc".

See that? Okay, that's what that article is intended to do. It's just like I've preached about in several of my past posts when celebs do stupid things. They do it to draw attention to themselves. It's all contrived. Anytime a celeb does something wild you better believe there's a new movie or album or book coming out in a few weeks. Take Donald Trump and his Obama attack recently. Did he do that to really attack Obama? No. Did he do that because his show was coming out? Yes. Didn't he also say he would let you know if he was running for President or not after his show went off the air? Okay, see what he did there. First of all he brought up a controversial attention grabbing topic that would get him some attention that would folks talking about him. He did this right at the start of his show. Then he held on to your wonder by waiting to tell you about his presidential run until after his show, which of course and easily predictable he said he wouldn't be running.

You see we have commercials for every product out there. Celeb's cannot have commercials made about themselves. But yet they are a product. This is how they advertise themselves. This is how they get your attention and get you talking about them. Then you look into everything their doing. Trust me, this may not work on a lot of you, but it does work on a lot of people. Just like a Twizzler commercial isn't going to make me go out and buy Twizzler's right that moment, it will however make others. Same thing.

Remember, NO PRESS, is bad press. Bad and Good Press is Good Press.

Think Kayne West and his antics. Think Miley Cyrus. Think Brittney Spears, oh yeah, who can forget crazy Brittney? Remember that? Well, what happened? She sure seems normal now.

This is no different. This goal is to talk about something bat#e crazy to steer your attention at the real issue at hand. It's used all the time. This is no different.

There's actually something going on with Paula Deen and Anthony Bourdain right now. I don't see any new shows coming out, nor any cookbooks yet, but that doesn't mean something from these two may be about to be released soon. Just keep an eye out.

No one wants to read another boring article about Global Warming. Throw some aliens in there, some earth destruction, and this and that and you have some new readers. It might also help those that say, "well, i'll be dead by the time Global Warming will kill the planet so why should I care". But throw in that the earth maybe destroyed anytime, and now it's about them. See what I'm saying?
edit on 19-8-2011 by J.Son79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join