It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows powerful corporations really do control the world's finances

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

The fight is...do we give them more power today, or all power today...suggest any snipping away at the power base and that politician or activist is seen as the devil incarnate.

You just beautifully condensed what the totalitarianism of Democracy is, in one sentence... You either follow the sheep "citizen" way, or to them, you are a pure Evil.

But yes there is a solution. Subvert, attack, sabotage anything (not anyone!) that makes their system work. More importantly, DO something.
edit on 20/8/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." Arthur Schopenhauer

I get the "no duh" responses on this topic, but I would suggest that this is coming from those who are already in the "self-evident" category from the above quote. I would postulate that we cannot achieve our freedom from the financial overlords until we see a critical mass of people transition into that category with us. Many sheeple, fed by the MSM, are just starting to move past the first stage, of ridiculing such ideas. Or they still snooze happily.

In any case, a study of public verifiable fact, such as financial data, that can be held up to the scrutiny of skeptics, revolutionaries and true believers is a tremendous step forward - not because its news to many of us, but allows us to show others a piece of truth.

S&F to you, Maxmars. One of the most important threads I have come across so far in my ATS wanderings. And I'm with you - for any drill-down data crunching you want to do!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Well, It always amazes me that pretty much all people, need other people to make charts and graphs to explain to them what is right in front of there face and in plain view.

But anyways the names of the different tentacles of the same entity is always interesting to know, even if most people don't know them, they should get to know them a little better. After all they give them there power.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

I agree with every word you posted,Open! the only questions I have about the thorough study is...who will be objective enough to perform said study,will TPTB manage to subvert/skew the results...and will the unawakened listen? One can only hope..I'm getting tired of being told that I think too much,or that I am turning into a conspiracy nut.Modern society does not realize how little the status quo has changed over the millenia...the slavery conditions just got more comfortable for the fortunate few able to think past the immediate business of survival

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What this says to me is that there are a bunch of very powerful people with a large pie sliced up between them and this enables them to maintain control of the direction in which they want to take society.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So we really needed yet another study to figure this out?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
well, the swiss held nazi gold with no problem. if someone where to freeze all swiss bank accounts then you'd see a real global economic meltdown.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Shocking accusation that somehow the rich and powerful control the banking system. The next big story should be that a Harvard study shows that the majority of people who shop Walmart are not Supermodels, or that everyone who dies at some point drinks water prior to death. Please astound us some more.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ICYOO2

I think the academic paper this thread is about is first part of the answer - I have downloaded it for detailed reading, but it is a great start at the very least. I don't expect the MSM to bring it up - but I think that's one of the reason we're here on ATS!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
this little red pill is only for those non susceptible to jumping from high places ...www.gnosticmedia.com... Taking the red pill will only spiral you down a hole that doesn't seem to end ....don't do it .....peace

edit on 20-8-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This latest post by Antifascist Calling is well worth a read ... New Leaks Reveal Insider Tips on S&P's U.S. Credit Downgrade to Killer-Drone Firm antifascist-calling.blogspot.com...

"In this light, AntiSec's hack of VDI is instructive. If for nothing else, it demonstrates that well-connected insiders reap billions from the collapse of the global economy, divvying-up the spoils amongst privileged friends and clients, including those inhabiting the nethermost regions of the secret state."

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I hope this isn't censored, because it's off topic, but maxmarrs, you are the best Mod on ATS.

Really. good that you posted your link to this thread on the breaking gold-sachs thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 2PLUS2IS22

That's very kind of you to say... but we are really the sum of our parts. If it weren't for all of you being part of the effort, it wouldn't have any value.

I hope more members realize that even if the idea that corporations control the world's finances seems too much like a wild claim to accept; the information we have all compiled over time proves it's too close to the full truth to ignore.

Never fear the answers; fear running out of questions.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by 2PLUS2IS22

That's very kind of you to say... but we are really the sum of our parts. If it weren't for all of you being part of the effort, it wouldn't have any value.

I hope more members realize that even if the idea that corporations control the world's finances seems too much like a wild claim to accept; the information we have all compiled over time proves it's too close to the full truth to ignore.

Never fear the answers; fear running out of questions.

nah, you're too humble. You sir contribute, other mods I've seen, all their duties seem to be is censor, mock, and derail. Glad ATS has you.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
As always a VERY interesting thread. As you already know, many here have already assumed that this is so.I have downloaded the PDF and will read it later when I have more time.

Since they only researched 43000 companies leading to the 150 central ones, does that mean that if more were researched it would add more to the central 150, or is there only the 150? I also wonder if the central 150 could be planning to merge to centralize even more. Should this be true is this going to be the move to centralize power in the hands of the few? Will this lead to the discovery of exactly who the powers that be are?

It would be interesting to see any corolations between the people who own these central 150. I'm sure that they will turn out to be bilderburgers, or at least controlled by them or some such organization. Still I wonder if this is all of them, or could there be more out there. I guess time will tell.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I wondered myself if updated data would show us anything encouraging about the state of this massive network... but I fear it will only show the consolidation of power continues.

I imagine this kind of study will not be forthcoming in the future because it can only show what true 'redistribution' means... beyond the economic sense.... it means these people can ... and actually may... be as evil and selfish as we fear in our worst nightmares.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join