It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenging creationism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 5-9-2011 by akushla99 because: Double post...oops

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

Originally posted by akushla99
Who really cares, what questions some angry little nobody has of anything.
If you do not want to see it, YOU won't.
By the way, the high priests of science back this statement up!

Science has become the new 'religion', with its own nomenclature and secret language, its own burdens of proof, its own modern day 'witch' burnings...in denial of any other explanation.

In fact, important information/data of a functional (albeit garbled, masked and anecdotal) could be gleaned to support the 'current', and i do mean current! view of the universe. Dismissing any information is the blind, choosing to be blind. There will always be pieces missing in plain sight...and guess what...there are! The grand poobah priests will tell you so...but the backseat drivers will turn this into FACT.

One monkey says creation, another monkey says big bang...same thing really?!

Akushla

You couldn't be any more wrong. All you've done is demonstrate your woeful scientific illiteracy. Science isn't some "secret club", it's open to anyone who can be bothered to educate themselves. Science is evidence-based, religion is faith-based. If you are getting the two confused, educate yourself before making such ignorant statements.

OUCH. That really hurt!

I agree, evidence-based, upon current evidence...until 10 years from now, when *New* evidence magically arrives, to overturn the old, non-applicable evidence.

Religion may be faith-based (I'll give you that one)...but, faith is not always religion-based!

Akushla

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
"Evolutionists proclaim, the human and ape DNA are about 90% identical.
But even if there was a 99% duplication, there will be still hundreds of trillions of nucleotides that must be re-tweaked to change the ape to a human being.
The odds of this are impossible.
Human DNA is has over a hundred Quintillion nucleotides, just 1% of that is some odd hundred trillion.
Evolutionists say that we come from a simple primitive unicellular organism, just because it's smaller doesn't mean it's simpler.
A Paramecium is more complicated than a microprocessor, and you can put thousands of those in a drop of water.
Smaller is not simpler.
Our human brain can hold more data than a Trillion Petabyte HDD, we run on the worlds most powerful graphics chip....imagination
There are more connections in the brain than the entire electrical system.
Do you believe that your brain is nothing but 3 pounds of chemicals that got together by chance."

There isn't a god, and we weren't created by a religious deity, but evolution is wrong.
We were engineered.
edit on 5-9-2011 by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RadeonGFXRHumanGTXisAlien

"Evolutionists proclaim, the human and ape DNA are about 90% identical.
But even if there was a 99% duplication, there will be still hundreds of trillions of nucleotides that must be re-tweaked to change the ape to a human being.
The odds of this are impossible.
Human DNA is has over a hundred Quintillion nucleotides, just 1% of that is some odd hundred trillion.
Evolutionists say that we come from a simple primitive unicellular organism, just because it's smaller doesn't mean it's simpler.
A Paramecium is more complicated than a microprocessor, and you can put thousands of those in a drop of water.
Smaller is not simpler.
Our human brain can hold more data than a Trillion Petabyte HDD, we run on the worlds most powerful graphics chip....imagination .
There are more connections in the brain than the entire electrical system.
Do you believe that your brain is nothing but 3 pounds of chemicals that got together by chance."

There isn't a god, and we weren't created by a religious deity, but evolution is wrong.
We were engineered.

1. When your entire post essentially consists of someone else's quote, you should have the courtesy to cite your source.

2. Hundreds of trillions of nucleotides? Seriously? You, if you are a "second year biomedical science student" as you have claimed to be multiple times, should know that there are only about 3B base pairs in the human genome. As each base pair is only made up of 2 nucleotides, that means there's only about 6B nucleotides in the whole of the human genome. So let's see... going from billions, which is 10E9, to hundreds of trillions, which is 10E14... hey, congrats, you're only off by five orders of magnitude! Seriously, shouldn't you know this given the academic credentials you keep claiming?

3. The minuscule part of your post that were your words falls victim to infinite recursion. Let's operate under the assumption that we were engineered, regardless of the fact that the argument for it essentially relies on an argument from incredulity and not any actual objective evidence. Then who engineered the engineers? If evolution is impossible, who engineered them? And who engineered those engineers? And who engineered those engineers? So while you can sit there and claim that this kind of nonsense isn't a religious claim that some supernatural deity created us, it ultimately comes down to that or evolution occurred somewhere at some point to make the first bunch of aliens that engineered a lifeform.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I thought i did, my error.
He says some really great stuff, i thought i'd use some of it as evidence.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

SERIOUSLY KENT HOVIND?? im speechless

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Kent Hovid? Really? The guy who holds his degrees from unaccredited institutions? The guy who's in jail for fraud? The guy who even creationists believe his arguments are unsound? In one fell swoop you have completely destroyed any remnants of credibility you might of had

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

If you can't be bothered to get the basic facts correct, why should any of your claims based on demonstrably wrong information be taken seriously?

First Pye and now "Dr. Dino" Hovind... you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're looking for credible science to support your thesis. Hovind is so off his gourd that other creationist organizations refute his work and try to steer their members away from using his arguments. His PhD, from an unaccredited correspondence course diploma mill, is in "Christian Education" and the parts of his thesis that have been made available for public viewing are barely literate. The real kicker isn't even his trial, conviction, and incarceration. The real kicker is that when he's been shown that he's saying things that are demonstrably wrong, he continues to say them anyway.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Do we really need to be intelligently challenging creationists? Creationists do not deserve the time of day if they believe in such rubbish. It's hard to debate with religious people, no matter how much logic is used against them, their faith is an impenetrable shield of stupidity and closed-mindedness. Science encourages asking questions, but science does not claim to know everything yet but atleast science is asking the questions and trying to find out the origins of the Universe rather than just saying God did it.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

If you can't be bothered to get the basic facts correct, why should any of your claims based on demonstrably wrong information be taken seriously?

First Pye and now "Dr. Dino" Hovind... you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're looking for credible science to support your thesis. Hovind is so off his gourd that other creationist organizations refute his work and try to steer their members away from using his arguments. His PhD, from an unaccredited correspondence course diploma mill, is in "Christian Education" and the parts of his thesis that have been made available for public viewing are barely literate. The real kicker isn't even his trial, conviction, and incarceration. The real kicker is that when he's been shown that he's saying things that are demonstrably wrong, he continues to say them anyway.

Kent Hovind was a fool that practiced a brainwash religion I nickname "dinoism"
He looks even more of such a fool in that Floridas unusually thick flood deposits which cover the entire state contain no remains of scaleless bare skinned giant lizards yet he preached the "dinoist" religion there
People like Kent Hovind are taking over America and putting an association of it with Dinosaurs.
They create dinosaur museums like shrines.
Such people are NEVER to be called "true Christians"period.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nogard2012

I don't think Dr. Dino is taking anything over, much less the world, from his jail cell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join