It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs VP Changed Name, Now a Top Congressional Staffer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Feh!!! Business as usual

Wake me when its time to lynch and burn

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The majority of politicans want to be re-elected, and the way to do that is.....just like in the non-profit world, where exec directors hold "fundraisers" for fancy-arsed dinners or art exhibits and charge $1000 per entry (yup, it happens).....to schmooze the rich who will give you money.

I am revolted anew.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This happens entirely too much, and of course these people are unable to be objective. Why there are not laws and policies in place to stop things like this I do not know. Probably because the majority of politicians want it to continue.

well, some people still seem to think wait and justice will eventually come. these people pay out the system top to bottom, they will never be subject to laws.

that one guy over there when the bailout happened went to the dodd hearings and walked no prob. later at his gym someone walked up and punched the living ish out of him. that seems like a good place to start.

less complaining, more violently punching.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Just when you think Goldman Sachs can get no more ridiculous...

I mean this is truly insane. There is no freaking oversight of anything, quis custodiet ipsos costodes, Elvis has left the building my friends. I now pronounce finance "unhinged."

I wash my hands of this...filth. The edifice will collapse of its own evil weight in due time.

This entire country came unhinged long before your pronouncement.

"Going off the rails on a Crazy Train"

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Feh!!! Business as usual

Wake me when its time to lynch and burn

Im gonna' partially agree here: though not entirely surprising; I find the blatant disregard for ethics almost inconmprehensible. Surely other congressman on the commitee were aware of this interloper and did nothing?
"Paw there's a fox in the hen house whudda I do?Git the shotgun boy!
Metaphorically speaking:," I'll back the delivery truck up to the Goldman offices and block the front doors closed somebody else set the fire..."
They("Goldman Sachs"and company )are a pox upon this nation!

edit on 19-8-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

This happens entirely too much, and of course these people are unable to be objective. Why there are not laws and policies in place to stop things like this I do not know. Probably because the majority of politicians want it to continue.

well, some people still seem to think wait and justice will eventually come. these people pay out the system top to bottom, they will never be subject to laws.

that one guy over there when the bailout happened went to the dodd hearings and walked no prob. later at his gym someone walked up and punched the living ish out of him. that seems like a good place to start.

Exactly. Less talk. A 100 yards of bull rope, blow torches, and a firing squad is what's needed. Maybe some cigarettes to give off the appearance of being humane.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan

We had an apropriate humorous saying in the USAF Munitions maintenance squadron: Weapons(munitions) Storage area:" There are few problems in life that cannot be handled by a suitable application of high -explosives... har har...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

He is not a good guy in a white hat who got that job so he could make things more fair. He is a mole, an insider who not only KNOWS the ropes, but helped CRAFT the ropes.

I have not looked enough into this case to cast any form of judgement on this individual. I do know the economic problems are not limited to one man, but are deep and entrenched cultural issues. Deregulation, privatisation, espionage, complexity, incompetence, competition, control and many other issues are all part of the problem. I do not see too many pure white or black hats in the system, most of them are varying shades of grey as dilemmas are faced and choices have to be made.

The overall trend I see has been with the corporate world taking over the functions of government. Privatisation of important institutions like the Federal Reserve have been a big part of this. Government oversight bodies like the SEC and EPA have been losing their power due to a lack of resources in confronting corporatism. Private rating agencies like S&P are helping to take up this slack to provide a level corporate ground for accountability, but still have many funding issues to work through.

It is good to see the spot light getting placed on those that do abuse their power, but all to often this is not enough. Lobbying and the revolving door between government and business has effectively legalised corruption. While these conflict of interests are allowed to continue without being addressed the problems indicated in this thread will continue to get worst.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Does anyone have a list of all the ex Goldman Sachs executives/officers who now work in powerful positions in Washington? I'm very curious just how many cronies from Goldman have made their way to DC.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I don't, but I think we should look into it, considering that Goldman Sachs just DOWNGRADED the US GDP outlook.
Talk about collusion!!
I'm going to make up a new word for how disgusted I am. .... while I sleep off this disgust. G'night ATS.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I love that this guy is working for Darrell Issa...the same Darrell Issa who is trying to investigate the Obama administration for corruption...it shames me that this joker represents my district.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Does anyone have a list of all the ex Goldman Sachs executives/officers who now work in powerful positions in Washington? I'm very curious just how many cronies from Goldman have made their way to DC.

According to this thread they all at least indirectly work the government www.abovetopsecret.com... . It is a great question though just to gauge how strong the relationships are between government and Goldman Sachs, looking at lobbying positions as well help as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Just further proves how corrupt the government is, on either side.

and people wonder why things have gotten so bad, we have allowed the foxes to guard the hen house.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
When the middle class finally disintegrates, We'll upload French Revolution 2.0.

Until then, try to enjoy the 'work your a$$ off to almost pay your bills' programming already in progress.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
reply to post by wildtimes

At one point, Haller was compelled to issue a letter to the SEC claiming he did not violate ethics rules.

* * * The letter should have been about identifying the conflicts of interest that are present in the role, what steps are being taken to manage these conflicts and what support can the SEC provide to assist and account for these conflicts.

Shouldn't there be a separation of BUSINESS and STATE?? Isn't there????

When money is worshipped and treated as a god, the American culture is quite clear on this one.

Divided loyalty, or the more likely disguised loyalty, cannot be trusted. We and our representatives should not have to wonder about whose interests our employees are promoting. Ours or some undisclosed principal's. He should have just resigned and if not he should have been dishonorably dismissed. Those pulling his strings should be exposed and appropriately sanctioned.

Their good ol' boy system of dealing with improprieties needs to be dramatically changed. The pathetic slap on on the back and "sorry you got caught with your pants down but now you gotta go" solution just doesn't sting enough to motivate better conduct by any of them.

Of course, then, those who get caught can always change their name, have a plastic surgery remake, and get right back into the game without consequence as always. Seems the only seriously and more consequential damaging misbehavior is to get caught paying a high end hooker more than she's worth.

Why does the personal misbehavior of screwing an expensive hooker bring more widespread approbation and more serious consequences than screwing the public?

edit on 8/20/2011 by dubiousone because: clarification

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
We had an apropriate humorous saying in the USAF Munitions maintenance squadron: Weapons(munitions) Storage area:" There are few problems in life that cannot be handled by a suitable application of high -explosives... har har...
:

Be careful what you propose. There are watchful eyes monitoring forums like ATS.

Also, they are the ones who possess the means to acquire and apply those explosives.
edit on 8/20/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Why does the personal misbehavior of screwing an expensive hooker bring more widespread approbation and more serious consequences than screwing the public?

Great question

Might have something to do with the truth being too much for some to bare, so some minor transgression is blown out of all proportion to compensate. Still does not explain how some are still walking around for the crimes they have done, boys network kind of thing maybe.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Goldman Sachs VP Changed Name, Now a Top Congressional Staffer

www.truth-out.orgwww.truth-out.org... a/1

ThinkProgress has found that a Goldman Sachs vice president changed his name, then quietly went to work for Issa to coordinate his effort to thwart regulations that affect Goldman Sachs’ bottom line....In a few short years, Haller went from being in charge of dealing with regulators for Goldman Sachs to working for Congress in a position where he made official demands from regulators overseeing his old firm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-8-2011 by wildtimes because: to fix the link??

this is a case of actively working to harm the U.S....for corporations "bottom line"...when is it going to finally sink in that republicans don't give a damn about the damage. this was set up with the dodd-frank bill, and have been under attack ever since the republicans have gotton into power in 2010.
this isn't opinion, it's legislative congressional record fact.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Private rating agencies like S&P are helping to take up this slack to provide a level corporate ground for accountability, but still have many funding issues to work through.

The slack?
Check this out:

MOODY’S ANALYST BREAKS SILENCE: Says Ratings Agency Rotten To Core With Conflicts, Corruption, And Greed

Harrington has made his story public in the form of a 78-page "comment" to the SEC's proposed rules about rating agency reform, which he submitted to the agency on August 8th. The comment is a scathing indictment of Moody's processes, conflicts of interests, and management, and it will likely make Harrington a star witness at any future litigation or hearings on this topic.

The primary conflict of interest at Moody's is well known: The company is paid by the same "issuers" (banks and companies) whose securities it is supposed to objectively rate. This conflict pervades every aspect of Moody's operations, Harrington says. It incentivizes everyone at the company, including analysts, to give Moody's clients the ratings they want, lest the clients fire Moody's and take their business to other ratings agencies.

Yeah. So...
not such a level playing field.
finance.yahoo.com...
edit on 21-8-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by wildtimes because: formatting

ETA the link for the already posted thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dubiousone

Then bow down, grab your ankles and submit to your masters.

I gotta better idea though. Stand up for what is right and unite without fear with your brothers and sisters against this international choke hold that the Banksters like this have on us all, as well as our childrens future.~SheopleNation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join