It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letterman Target of Islamists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Is this another Heineken "chunky style" pratfall by the gap-toothed comic? I guess time will tell.

www.inrumor.com...

A forum user reportedly posted a death threat against the CBS host on a radical Islamic website.

The website SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors and translates the online activity of terrorist groups, has intercepted a message that appeals to the murder of David Letterman because he mocked the death of the leader of Al Qaeda, Ilyas Kashmiri, killed by the US forces in Pakistan last June.

I think this is what may have caused the problem:

]
edit on 19-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
it's a legit story. it was on MSM. take it for what its worth.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i'm i grasping this?

there's a death threat ordered against Letterman because this song was played on his show?

what a tasteless song btw.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

I have to say that I thought the song was well below Martin Short's usual high standard of funny fun. Mocking the deceased, particularly the recently assassinated, is in bad taste, as far as I am concerned. Bin Laden was no Hitler or the like, and very likely had nothing to do with 9/11, although to be sure he is thought to have attacked the US on other occasions.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Mocking the deceased, particularly the recently assassinated, is in bad taste, as far as I am concerned.

agreed

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

there is no reason to kill Letterman. he died a very long time ago.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

just his career.

OUCH!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hahahahahahahaha! SITE Intelligence rears it's ugly head again. With this story though they are getting really desperate.

Ever notice that, despite all the talk of all these Jihadi websites and forums, not one of the rags reporting the stories, or even SITE Intelligence for that matter, ever links to the source? SITE is nothing more than an Israeli propaganda generating entity and, as such, nobody in the MSM ever seems to question anything they put out, even though none of it can be corroborated. Not one of our own alphabet agencies ever get this much info, but somehow SITE has their fingers on the pulse of all the nasty Islamist stuff out there.

I have to shake my head in disbelief that people will even consider anything from SITE as being in the least bit credible or truthful.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by ipsedixit

there is no reason to kill Letterman. he died a very long time ago.

Whenever I see Letterman with Martin Short, I realize that although he is not the comic force he once was (or at least doesn't display his old power very often), he has developed into a very deft straight man and foil for his guests. He's a great second banana!

I really believe that in a world more under the influence of the comic deities, he and Paris Hilton might have evolved into a modern version of George Burns and Gracie Allen. Unfortunately we are too egoed and lawyered up nowadays for that to happen.
edit on 20-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There is No need for any Media to broadcast this threat. The nut-jobs out there are encouraged by this type of story.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Is this another Heineken "chunky style" pratfall by the gap-toothed comic? I guess time will tell.

www.inrumor.com...

A forum user reportedly posted a death threat against the CBS host on a radical Islamic website.

The website SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors and translates the online activity of terrorist groups, has intercepted a message that appeals to the murder of David Letterman because he mocked the death of the leader of Al Qaeda, Ilyas Kashmiri, killed by the US forces in Pakistan last June.

I think this is what may have caused the problem:

]
edit on 19-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

That's crazy. A f--kin talk show host? What? lol.

Why a talk show host? He's actually kind of funny. The agent that protrayed OBL probably thinks he's funny.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Regardless of what he did or did not say, what was shown, or not shown, he has the right to say what he wants about whom he wants without having his life threatened by Islamic extremists.

The stand-up opening is almost always political, taking cheap shots at Washington. It's the way.

Here are a bunch of idiots. Say something we don't like and we'll kill you?
Oh please. Take a flying leap morons.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by angeldoll
Regardless of what he did or did not say, what was shown, or not shown, he has the right to say what he wants about whom he wants without having his life threatened by Islamic extremists.

I'm not so sure about that. I think P.J. O'Rourque was closer to the mark. "A man has a right to do anything he damn well pleases and . . . the responsibility to take the consequences."

Rights in law are often not as valuable as one supposes. But I take your point. In our society Letterman can lampoon whoever.
edit on 20-8-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Dave responds to intimidation with his usual gravitas.

Al Qaeda will have to take a number.

top topics

join