It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Arrives in Madrid Amid Protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan
reply to post by dl2one

The Catholic faith was set up purely for pedophilia.... and also other stuff.

It makes me wonder if the Bishop at my primary school (elementary) was a pedo?

this is one of the stupidest comments i have ever read on here...

the catholic faith was set up purely for pedophilia???
and exactly what other stuff?

do you have any proof to back up your ridiculous claim?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Not a ridiculous claim buddy....

Do some research.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Not a ridiculous claim buddy....

Do some research.

i actually did have a look to see where you get this idea from... unfortunately, i couldnt find anything that states the catholic faith was set up purely for pedophilia.

obviously there are alot of stories of pedophilia within the church but to say the faith was set up from pedophiles is a little far fetched to me.

if you could provide some links or research to back up your claim would be appreciated..

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yeah I agree. The Catholic faith is one of many set up initially for control. Based on Christianity's basis on fear to control the people's.

While today there are liberal clergy who preach a gospel of love, they ignore the bulk of Christian teachings, not to mention the bulk of Christian history. Throughout almost its entire time on Earth, the motor driving Christianity has been—in addition to the fear of death—fear of the devil and fear of hell. One can only imagine how potent these threats seemed prior to the rise of science and rational thinking, which have largely robbed these bogeys of their power to inspire terror.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The paedophilia part of the church stems from the indoctrination of the occult practices of the Illuminati which seems to be the norm in the Roman Catholic Church. Most if not all Cardinals, Bishops and the Pope get away with it because the law is governed by the Illuminati.

Fear! That's what keeps the peole in line. Fear of God and Fear of going to hell. I notice from what the Vatican and all it's members have done and are still doing such as murder, deceit, paedophilia money laundering, drug running are not worried about going to hell. That's because they know that Hell does not exist. They know that God does not exist. Pope John Paul the first knew this too and was about the expose the secret society that runs the vatican and all it's lies. Unlucky for Pope John Paul I that his close aide the Cardinal was a part of it and killed him by poison.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

The current Pope doesn't paint a pretty picture on Christianity and the Vatican.

So the Nazi Pope goes to spain at the cost of 100 million Euro's, talks to the population about the non existent invisible man and crucifies (Excuse the pun) their economy again after the E-Coli fiasco and the people are not to complain?

Many of the people I work with have talked about the riots. They are named as protests.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Pope Benedict XVI has arrived in Spain amid protests over the cost of his visit. Demonstrators clashed with pilgrims and riot police in Madrid as they vented fury over the expense of World Youth Day celebrations at a time of belt-tightening and massive unemployment.

There you go.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

im sorry but i have to disagree.. firstly the article you link to is seriously biased with hate and anti christian views. it was written by chaz bufe aka charles bufe.. an anarchist with extreme views.. i cannot accept this as proof of your claims..
i could find you alternative articles damning every major religion on the planet.. that does mean what is written is true.

please find a link to a reputable source to back up your claims.

and you claim Illuminati links to the origins of the church..

i fail to see how a group formed in the 1700's because of the church has anything to do with the forming a 2000 year old religion. they may have infiltrated it at a latter stage but they did not form it, you are seriously misinformed if you believe they did.. (please do not believe every bit of garbage you read on the net)

it is widely believed the church's origins start with jesus christ and were brought to rome around 43 ad by peter..
i dont have the time to go into the full history here, but there in rome, Catholicism was mixed in with various pagan beliefs to make it more accepted by the people..

now my original point... the church was started by pedophiles for pedophiles is absolutely ridiculous, maybe there was an element of it throughout history within the organization but to say the foundation of the church is built of pedophilia is hugely inaccurate and slightly ignorant...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

im sorry but i have to disagree.. firstly the article you link to is seriously biased with hate and anti christian views. it was written by chaz bufe aka charles bufe.. an anarchist with extreme views.. i cannot accept this as proof of your claims..
i could find you alternative articles damning every major religion on the planet.. that does mean what is written is true.

please find a link to a reputable source to back up your claims.

and you claim Illuminati links to the origins of the church..

i fail to see how a group formed in the 1700's because of the church has anything to do with the forming a 2000 year old religion. they may have infiltrated it at a latter stage but they did not form it, you are seriously misinformed if you believe they did.. (please do not believe every bit of garbage you read on the net)

it is widely believed the church's origins start with jesus christ and were brought to rome around 43 ad by peter..
i dont have the time to go into the full history here, but there in rome, Catholicism was mixed in with various pagan beliefs to make it more accepted by the people..

now my original point... the church was started by pedophiles for pedophiles is absolutely ridiculous, maybe there was an element of it throughout history within the organization but to say the foundation of the church is built of pedophilia is hugely inaccurate and slightly ignorant...

I take your point but with the record the church has over time I wouldn't trust what they say either. You did say the Christian beliefs were based on Paganism. Yes that's true. Paganism is worship of the Sun, Moon and Stars. Actually Christianity is based on exactly the same thing. The only difference is that Christianity has personified the Pagan belief with mythical people, creatures and stories. The Jesus story is very inaccurate and biased towards the church and Christian beliefs. Which in turn are Pagan. It basically makes the bible full of inaccurate information.

So when the Pope goes to a country that is already economically broken to pass all his falsified hail mary's and biblical inaccuracies you kinda wonder. What the hell is he up to? Why is he there? Well you'll notice from the Daily Telegraph report that the amount of followers of God and the amount of worshippers in church has fallen. He's there to rally up more supporters at their expense.

The control tool is failing. The believers in the invisible man are dwindling. He's there on the Illuminati's behalf (Formely known as the Babylonian Brotherhood) to keep the control tool chugging along. To stop people thinking for themselves and stop them giving up their faith. And the Illuminati/Babylonian Brotherhood love their child sacrifices which involve paedophilia and other horrors.

The vatican and it's apostles have been cheating, murdering the people and ripping them off for centuries. There are links all over the internet and there are lots of books written about it. True the internet can be full of rubbish. But so is the bible. Where do u draw the line for deceitful and minipulated lies and stories? The internet is just another Library only bigger.

Those links I posted are some of many that detail the same thing. Satanism and the Vatican go hand in hand!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Satanism was 1 thing I forgot to mention.

Thanks for mentioning it Steve.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Firstly, I believe it's accurate.

And so what? What good has the Church ever done except contribute to genocide (AIDS, no condom thingy) and mass pedophilia?

I think I'm being quite polite in my previous descriptions of the Church.

If you really have a problem with me saying it was set up purely for pedophilia, then ok, how about this?

The Church was set up purely for EVIL?
Is that more accurate?
edit on 20/8/11 by galactictuan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

Since so many people suffered injustice by state atheism should we say atheism is pure evil?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Since so many people suffered injustice by state atheism should we say atheism is pure evil?

Whatever floats your boat.

Go for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And so what? What good has the Church ever done except contribute to genocide (AIDS, no condom thingy) and mass pedophilia?

If you really have a problem with me saying it was set up purely for pedophilia, then ok, how about this?

Is that more accurate?

to be honest, you have provided no evidence to back these claims, or anything other than your personal anti christian views.. you have made claims that are massively inaccurate and when challenged about this you change your tact and fire back some other anti christian bs..

you obviously have your views and beliefs and they seem pretty hardcore, so there is no point us continuing this 'debate'... we will not agree..

it does make me wonder though.. what are your true motives? are you maybe a member of a rival religion?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Whatever floats your boat.

Go for it.

Okay.

Atheism is a cause made for the sole purpose of murdering others.

I wonder if Richard Dawkins is a murderer?

Is that a good enough parody for you?
edit on 20-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm with Mr London on this - those are saying Catholicism was set up as a way of instigating paedophilia are not just offensively incorrect but they have provided zero evidence, historical, academic, theological or otherwise.

www.gotquestions.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.patheos.com...

Roman Catholicism is a worldwide religious tradition of some 1.1 billion members. It traces its history to Jesus of Nazareth, an itinerant preacher in the area around Jerusalem during the period of Roman occupation, in the early 30s of the Common Era. Its members congregate in a communion of churches headed by bishops, whose role originated with the disciples of Jesus. Over a period of some decades after Jesus' life, death, and resurrection, the bishops spread out across the world to form a "universal" (Greek, katholikos) church, with the bishop of Rome (traced to the apostle Peter) holding primacy.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Is that more accurate?
edit on 20/8/11 by galactictuan because: (no reason given)

Well the Churches in England (both Protestant and Catholic) actively set up and helped to push laws which gave help to hundreds and thousands of poverty stricken people, the destitute, the needy, the ill and the insane. Potentially saving hundreds of thousands of lives.

Hope is a good way for the human soul to recover.

What religion are you? I'm an atheist but you seem to be young and rebellious and ill-educated on such matters. Please tell me what theological articles you are using to form an opinion, what scriptures have you recently read? Or are you simply a media junkie who parrots relatively unfounded nonsense under the guise of an 'opinion' - your attitude stinks.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I take your point but with the record the church has over time I wouldn't trust what they say either.

i agree.. i wouldnt completely trust the church either.. especially not at the top of the pyramid anyway.

You did say the Christian beliefs were based on Paganism. Yes that's true.

actually.. i was talking more specifically about Catholicism which is actually primarily based on the teachings of jesus christ, it just has pagan beliefs mixed into it.. the complete history of it all is quite long, so i cant explain it all here. but it is basically because paganism was a big religion at the time and was a way to help convert them.

Paganism is worship of the Sun, Moon and Stars. Actually Christianity is based on exactly the same thing.

sorry to be picky but thats not 100% accurate.. paganism is alot deeper than that, it covers a wide spectrum of ideas. primarily, it is the recognition of the divine in nature. they are deeply aware of the natural world and see the power of the divine in the ongoing cycle of life and death.
what i think you may be thinking of is things like the churches holy day and day of worship on sunday.. as in day of the sun.. this is believed to be added to Catholicism through paganism, or another good example is easter.

The Jesus story is very inaccurate and biased towards the church and Christian beliefs. Which in turn are Pagan. It basically makes the bible full of inaccurate information.

yes the story of jesus is very biased, which of course it will be... the same way Islam is to Allah, or budism is to Buddha or Hindus to Brahman.
i wouldnt agree the bible is full of inaccurate information. the history of how the books of the bible put together is a very complex one, but basically the bible was written by many different authors at various different times.
many of the books were written before the the catholic church was even formed..
what you may be referring to are the books written by paul the apostle.. traditionally believed to be 13 books but more likely to be just 7.
- Romans
- First Corinthians
- Second Corinthians
- Galatians
- Philippians
- First Thessalonians
- Philemon
some believe he may have changed the story slightly to make it more accepting in rome, but there is no proof of this.. also some believe the bible was edited in 300 ad but i think this is more a theory to tarnish the bible.

you'll notice from the Daily Telegraph report that the amount of followers of God and the amount of worshippers in church has fallen.

yes.. it has drastically in the last few decades.. but they do still have a huge following.

The control tool is failing. The believers in the invisible man are dwindling.

i think this has more to do with modern society and culture.. also huge leaps in science and understanding has contributed.
remember before we had any knowledge of the science, the earth, space or the universe.. people wanted answers to their being and exsistence.. religion provided that.
although we still do not have all the answers we do have answers to alot of questions, which of some have contradicted organised religion. ie thinking we were the centre of the universe and everything spun around us..

To stop people thinking for themselves and stop them giving up their faith. And the Illuminati/Babylonian Brotherhood love their child sacrifices which involve paedophilia and other horrors.

this whole illuminati conspiracy is just a story with no real proof.. it is currently all just rumours.. i personally remain skeptical until i see hard evidence of this.

The vatican and it's apostles have been cheating, murdering the people and ripping them off for centuries.

you are correct, the church has a very deep, dark and deceitful history.

The internet is just another Library only bigger.

good quote..
your right, although i think you would find more disinformation and incorrect information on the internet.

Those links I posted are some of many that detail the same thing.

those links cannot be used.. they come from a very biased and extremist point of view. to make your point more valid, you should really use a more balanced viewpoint, that doesnt come solely from a one sided and small minded view. just be aware, articles like that are only poison for the mind.. you could say they are a form of propaganda and psycological influence.. in the same ilk of what people what call extremism and religious hatred.

edit on 20/8/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

that's the problem with these extremist viewpoints... they dont look at both sides of the story, just the negative stuff whilst choosing to ignore the positive aspects of it..

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by mr-lizard

that's the problem with these extremist viewpoints... they dont look at both sides of the story, just the negative stuff whilst choosing to ignore the positive aspects of it..

Well aware of the false positives.

Unfortunately, the negative far outweighs the positive.

While I'm at it, they should get some sense in their head and support gay and lesbians.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

While I'm at it, they should get some sense in their head and support gay and lesbians.

this is not just the catholics my friend.. most religions frown upon homosexuality..

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I hope someone knocks his pope hat off

Your wish is my command my child

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

What about the notions of Jesus being a child born to suffer and Christianity's whole basis of Christianity is of a child born to suffer and not only physically but mentally as well are they not born sinful carrying Adam and Eve's sin which the church of the child born to suffer lascviciously turns into sexual innuendo
We must begin to put this prurient image about what original sin is because it's going to the Tree Of Knowledge and understanding the difference beyween right and wrong. Nothing whatsoever about how procreation and the love between people being twisted into some evil representation about a woman and the fact they have procreative urges the of a woman's own identity. So once they'd crucified the child born to suffer they start on the Mother and destroy her as well.
The church then and the church now has gained a grip on much of the world and it's wealth on the child born to suffer and the wretched treatment of the child's mother. Why is it such stretch of the imagination to feel that if the churches behave so awfully to any child and it's mother to the fact maybe that is their founding prinicipals.
Leave you with thought from the Franciscans, and just as an aside check out the Croation genocide and see the Vatican's via the Franciscans involvement during that holocaust, one also ran the largest and most horrific camp.

"Give me a boy at birth, and I'll give you the man at seven"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join