It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Arrives in Madrid Amid Protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Pope Arrives in Madrid Amid Protests

'Pope Benedict XVI has arrived in Madrid for a million strong Catholic youth festival after Spain's riot police clashed with thousands of outraged demonstrators, protesting the costly four-day visit

I wonder why!!?

Benedict flew out of Rome around 9:30 a.m. (0730 GMT), hours after thousands took to the streets of Spain's capital to protest the controversial visit, AFP reported. The official cost of the visit, excluding the price of upholding security, has been estimated at around EUR 50.5 million, but many of the protesters say the real cost to taxpayers will be well over EUR 100 million.'

www.presstv.ir...

See, this p*sses me off. The Pope is a money grabbing, lying manipulator and the people of Spain and Europe have to reach into their already penniless pockets for even more cash. People are out of work, homeless and penniless. And they have to pay for his visit? What will this visit do for the poor people that can't afford even to feed themselves and their children.

He'll probably wave his old sticky hand around, say a few hail Mary's stare longingly at some of the children and say 'Don't worry God will help you'. Yeah Right!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6800d9a5b01e.jpg[/atsimg]

He shouldn't be visiting at the expense of the people. He should be visiting at his expense. The amount of money the Corrupt Roman Catholic Church has is astronomical.

Damn the Pope!!

edit on 19/8/2011 by stevcolx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

'Pope Benedict XVI has arrived in Madrid for a million strong Catholic youth festival after [color=gold] Spain's riot police clashed with thousands of outraged demonstrators, protesting the costly four-day visit

Evidence please.

Or are we just supposed to take your obviously biased word for it.

Cause all I see, are hundreds of thousands of tourists bringing fat tourist dollars to Madrid
for world youth day. Just like they do every year.

David Grouchy

edit on 19-8-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The lord works in mysterious ways.....

... nothing mysterious about being a money robbing ar$ehole

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Thread title = "Pope Arrives in Madrid Amid Protests"

Here is a video of the arival itself.

Still looking for the riot police.
Still looking....
Still ...

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Sorry I just posted the link and put my 2 cents in. But the fact that his visit is costing the public so much money is bad enough as it is. When he visited the UK it cost us tax payers a fortune. Spreading the word of the 'Invisible Man' should not cost people a fortune. People are suffering at the might of those Illuminati stooges!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

The thread title will be referring to protests happening at the same time as his arrival, not the same location...

ETA

edit on 19/8/11 by Flying Sorcerer because: to add video

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Woefully uninformed.
Everyone knows tourism is good for the economy.
The Pope brought a million people into Madrid,
who are all spending money.

. [color=gold] I can understand why the propaganda machine
has rolled out to slam the Pope.

Just before he got off the plane in Madrid
he made a statement about Ethics in
economics, the crisis, and putting
people into the equations,
not just profits.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
If "Jeebus" was real do you think he cost people (the equivalent of) millions of euro's to visit them and spread the word of the invisible man???

Do you think a servant of god should be blinged up like an OG gangstar rapper and live in the lap of luxury while the majority of followers are broke and scraping meals together for their families by whatever means possible???

I believe the point of this thread was to highlight the expense this silly story book is costing us in the REAL world today

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
If "Jeebus" was real do you think he cost people (the equivalent of) millions of euro's to visit them and spread the word of the invisible man???

This is what I call a mutating argument.

It is so far removed from the baseless accusations of the opening post and thread title as to be laughable.

Even a six year old kid can tell
you are just calling people names.

The Pope is being slandered,
by the owners of the European banks.
Why?
They do not want us hearing what the Pope said on ethics in the economy.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

This is what I call "you trying to discredit the topic"

My posts are on topic regarding the cost of the popes visit and the cost of religion to taxpayers - which is what the protests are about...

... or is the reason for the protests not important to you?

FAR too many angry people on the boards as of late - all looking to get into arguments directly with certain people.... madness

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
... or is the reason for the protests not important to you?

What... seven people got arrested.
Even the article linked in the opening post
makes it pretty clear that they were trying to get arrested.

This has zero to do with world youth day,
which has happened every year,
peacefully and is quite useful
to the local economy.

At the risk of repeating myself,
incase the reader is skimming and missed it.

This slander against the Pope is purely because he
dared to speak on ethics in the economy, and
on counting people in the formulas,
not just profits.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

The Pope played a leading role in a systematic cover-up of child sex abuse by Roman Catholic priests, according to a shocking documentary to be screened by the BBC tonight. In 2001, while he was a cardinal, he issued a secret Vatican edict to Catholic bishops all over the world, instructing them to put the Church's interests ahead of child safety.

Let's come in at from a slightly different angle. Why is the state paying for this man to endorse youth festivals?
Second question. Why does it cost 50 million without including the costs of enhanced security?
Third question would not the majority of the visitors have arrived anyway without the presence of this terrible man?
Do you honestly believe the Vatican bank does not deal or profit from and with the unethical businesses that he scolds in public. Do you honestly believe these rebukes will have any effect whatsoever, because I don't.
Lip service to morality

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have to agree with grouchy.. A visit from the pope will generate far more money for the economy than it will cost..

Generally in this world you have to spend money to make money...

Anyway Spain is a deeply religious catholic country.. Whatever your thoughts on the pope or the catholic church, an event like this is only a positive for the catholic people of Spain, I'm sure alot could do with having their spirits lifted (no pun intended) in the current climate..

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

The Pedo Pope and his pedo pals at the Pentagon!

That would make a great movie.... for pedos.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

Agree! And second! and third!

Pedo mania that is the definition of the catholic faith!

Hang em and hang em hi!

How can a modern world tolerate these sick inadequate beasts.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Haven't read all the posts, have to rush out, but could this be Fatima's last prediction?
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Reply to post by stevcolx

The pope is a moneymaker? Lol. That notion makes me puke, unless I was a high profile prosecutor

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

The Catholic faith was set up purely for pedophilia.... and also other stuff.

It makes me wonder if the Bishop at my primary school (elementary) was a pedo?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I hope someone knocks his pope hat off

Thiers a comdey i once say, 1985, american comedy network. one episode, they dressed popeye up as the pope, calling him POPE eye lol. his song was something like..im pope eye the holy man, i live in the vanican, ( forget the next verse) and bless all the sinners ( pictures of politicians faces popping up) im pope eye the holy man.
this week on pope eye brutus gets babptized..brutus says to pope eye, hey pope eyes, takes that dumb hat off before i knocks it off, then swings...pope eye and him fight, as olive oil pputs her hans up to her mouth, saying oh my and pope eye wins . it was hillarious!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Stay right there where you are, you must be warm and confy.
As for the spaniards, if you like that your aconfessional democracy has to pay for this post-nazi child abuser's visit, you problably have a big problem. The city center has been closed to the traffic, school janitors on holiday had to come back early to allow the catolik coorts to be hosted in schools, at the same time they got their salaries cut not too long ago. And as usual, you are allowed to spend 2 days on the street to watch the disgrace that justin bieber is(on any of the bullpoo spectacles now) but not to stand for your rights or to disagree with something that YOU are paying.
As said, stay in your catholic-integrist bubble, it must be really good...
I will let you enjoy your ignorance...
Telegraph
Edmonton Journal
Video from euronews

edit on 19-8-2011 by Juanxlink because: Add videos

top topics

<<   2 >>

join