It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO activity followed by helicopters 16-Avgust 2011!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Nikola014

Looks like a weather balloon reflecting the sunlight at dusk or dawn. The uploader says 6:15 am. They are launched twice a day (12 hours apart) and different locations use different launch times.

To me it looks like the helicopters are flying in a direction that would take them about 10 degrees away from where the object was in the first section and nowhere near the altitude. They could be marked in pink and bright yellow but looking at helicopters against a bright sky will usually leave them looking 'unmarked.'

Not necessarily a hoax (despite the editing and music), but quite possibly two mundane incidents given significance by the guy who saw them. If we knew where in Florida this was filmed, we could try and rule out weather balloon.

Really?A weather balloon?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

The RAF have sent out choppers to investigate a few crop circles in my country,choppers are quick and can land if needed.Choppers cost money to fly,so I dont think any curious pilot is going to risk his job taking his own little sortie over these fields unless he is told to do so

Perhaps they heard reports of this object landing somewhere,perhaps by radio from a plane and were rushing out to land and take soil samples?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

In the clip I watched you can see him track it as it drops down behind the phone line.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

post by Nikola014
You can clearly see UFO,and then you can clearly see helicopters who are following UFO!

Can you show me where on the video I can clearly see helicopters following UFO ?
All I see is is a shot of the object , then a seemingly unrelated shot of helicopters , at no point do they appear together ,

Yeah I read the description, then I read the bold part as I was instructed and I understand their is some orb in the sky....i understand 45minutes later their is some helicopters....but a chase when they are 45mins behind what is believed to be a super-fast flying machine that can break lightspeed? not much of a chase. I might go out on a skateboard and try and chase a jumbo jet soon.

Sorry to be sarcastic their, but I can't help it when people get so defensive about EVERY ufo/alien video. Like I said earlier, as soon as you hear dramatic music it has to make you wonder why it is needed?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Yes, it appears to drop, mainly because the camera person takes a step or two forward, and also I believe, because the object is moving farther away, and yes possibly a bit downward also, but my point was that nowhere in the video does it ever fall to the earth, (go down past the horizon/show contact with the ground).

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

The RAF have sent out choppers to investigate a few crop circles in my country

The last time I checked crop circles weren't outclassing any type of aircraft, so yes, helicopters are understandable in that situation.

Choppers cost money to fly,so I dont think any curious pilot is going to risk his job taking his own little sortie over these fields unless he is told to do so

Hey, this is America. We like to waste the taxpayers money over here.

You very well could be correct regarding soil samples if there were reports this object landed. Good observation.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

you obviously did not watch the video very closely at all..

What I'm talking about is easy for anyone to see... The only way a person could miss these details would be if they had their head up their arzz

Nikola014, why do you need 2 accounts?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I am firm believer in ufo's by the way Nikola, just in this instance I don't think this is
unexplained. I mean no disrespect to you and actually enjoy your comments/threads, and
think you have the best avatar on ats

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011

Originally posted by alienreality

you obviously did not watch the video very closely at all..

What I'm talking about is easy for anyone to see... The only way a person could miss these details would be if they had their head up their arzz

Nikola014, why do you need 2 accounts?

Who,me?

I don't have two accounts you must be on some kind of drugs

@Atzil321 thanks man,i think

edit on 19-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I live in Glasgow, Scotland and i saw the exaxt same thing UFO with helicoptor speeding towards on 17th august 9.30 pm my brother was there also amazing to see. please vist and post these videos on my thread
UFO'S ARE THEY HERE TO SAVE US

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

I too have seen weird things in the sky, closely followed by our aircraft...however I didn't feel the need to record it at seperate times of the day and add dramatic music because I prefer to keep reports credible

edit on 19-8-2011 by Tangled2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

It may have still been dark or semi dark; then 45 minutes later it is light and you can see the clouds. YOu can't see clouds that well in dark or semi dark sky.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
not a flare in my opinion
flares drop residue which would clearly of been visible due to how close he zoomed in

not a weather balloon either
weather balloons have more components attached to them

www.google.co.uk... urce=univ&sa=X&ei=sVBOTvjyCIbX8gOWipWpBw&sqi=2&ved=0CGsQsAQ

i think its a just a silver mylar balloon floating away
hellicopters are just a coincidence
im not a skeptic so dont slam me
just helping to find the answer

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I seen the exact same thing on Tuesday night the 16th in Ireland, around 10pm...while in a car on my way home. We kept driving and I seen no helicopters.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Wildeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

Yeah but we wish we did lol

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I have a question and it isn't in any way at all meant to criticize your video. Your video only made me think of the question.

People often claim to see UFO's and then helicopters shortly after. If UFO's truly exist and our government is truly chasing them, why are they chasing them in helicopters? Most UFO's reported can fly at amazing speeds yet the fastest helicopter on Earth flies under 300 mph. That's like chasing a race car on a bicycle. I don't get it. In no way at all am I insinuating that this isn't happening, because it's reported fairly often, but WHY??? If the fastest fighter jets we have can't keep up with them, why chase them with choppers?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
It looks like a flare to me, the helicopter footage looks like it was filmed on a different day.
The flare clearly falls to earth and shows no sign of inteligent control at all, and when the heli
shows up, the sky has gone from being totaly blue/cloudless to heavy cloud cover, even the
light looks like its a different time of day. Badly edited hoax in my opinion.

Flares definitely dont stay in the air for that long! Agreed on the no signs of intelligent control...

Could be something.. or possible hoax - but i dont know enough to say.
edit on 02/06/2011 by fordizzl3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

I have a question and it isn't in any way at all meant to criticize your video. Your video only made me think of the question.

People often claim to see UFO's and then helicopters shortly after. If UFO's truly exist and our government is truly chasing them, why are they chasing them in helicopters? Most UFO's reported can fly at amazing speeds yet the fastest helicopter on Earth flies under 300 mph. That's like chasing a race car on a bicycle. I don't get it. In no way at all am I insinuating that this isn't happening, because it's reported fairly often, but WHY??? If the fastest fighter jets we have can't keep up with them, why chase them with choppers?

Who said they are chasing them?

Maybe they are only fallow them to some specific destination?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I had a similar experience on 6/20/2009 and reported it to MUFON. You can go to their reports database and read it by selecting events in Austin, TX that occurred on 6/20/2009, but I've also posted it below:

Today at 5:30pm, while swimming at the community pool at my mother in law's condo complex just off the corner of Ashdale and Burnet Rd, My wife, mother-in-law, and my two children witnessed a very loud and unnaturally low-flying military fighter jet formation. I believe they were F-16's judging by the wing configuration. They were 4 or 5. I am not sure because I was caught up trying to get everyone to look, and to try to reason whether or not law prevents low altitude fly overs of residential areas by military aircraft. I also noted that the speed of the military craft did not seem to be very fast, and based on the absence of a sonic boom, I can only assume they were not on afterburners. I will look that up after posting this report. Immediately after the military aircraft disappeared from view, I noticed a small, white single engine civilian aircraft at a much higher altitude (above or at least in the cloud deck) traveling in a flight path that was perpindicular to that of the fighter jets. As I tracked the smaller civilian aircraft, at some point, a small brightly glowing pink orb, sphere, or dot, whichever you prefer passed just "under" the civilian aircraft in the visual field. As my family and I tracked the object, we noted that it appeared to be small, was glowing bright pink, and was rapidly moving in a straight line on a course roughly opposite the course of the civilian aircraft. As it encountered clouds in the visual field, we noted that it remained visible and therefore must be moving at an altitude below the cloud deck. The object's speed compared to the military and civilian aircraft gave the impression that although it was obviously at a lower altitude, that it was traveling too quickly to have been a baloon blowing in the wind, which at this time was almost dead calm. We also noted that due to it's seeming flat, or even slightly ascending flight path, it's lack of a tail or trail, and due to it's speed, It could not be a meteorite or falling space debris. To comment specifically on the speed, it was moving as quickly at it's altitude as I have seen commercial airliners on a landing approach move at a similar altitude, so I concluded that it was moving so fast that it had to be moving under power or propulsion of some sort, and that it's speed was such that compared to other "shooting star" meteorite sightings I've had in the past, it was much too slow, and remained visible too long on a flat or slightly ascending flight path to be a meteorite or shooting star. Perhaps 5 to 7 minutes after the unidentified object left my field of vision, we all witnessed 2 more roughly spherical objects that appeared to be at the same altitude and on the same heading as the previous unidentified object. These two objects were traveling in a vertically opposed, tandem configuration. Both objects were oscillating colors between bright red and silver (reflective). The object at the top of the tandem configuration was very steady, but the object at the bottom of the tandem configuration was tumbling erratically, but maintaining same course and speed as the top object, and though it moved about under the top object erratically, it stayed a constant distance from the top object, roughly the equivalent of the diameter of either object (as they appeard to be roughly the same size). We watched it for as long as we could, observing it passing rapidly under clouds, and we exited the pool continuing to adjust our position on the ground until we could no longer track it without leaving the pool area. As the second pair of object left the visual field we observed what appeared to be a red and blue civilian helicopter on a heading to intercept the two objects, though at a much lower altitude. The helicopter seems to have been on the same basic flight path of the two tandem object, leading me to believe that the helicopter may have been observing and/or pursuing the tandem objects. The second sighting lasted roughly twice the duration of the first.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

how come their were no clouds when the red orb was their, then seconds later the helicopter is their and clouds cover the sky?
reply to post by Tangled2011

Obviously you didn't watch the video carefully.

If you go back and watch it again it will clearly state that when the helicopters came by it was 45 minutes later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join