It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animation from NASA wrong ?

page: 1

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
This NASA animation tell us CME come today but I can see that solar flare appear in last 5 days Earth direction ..

If not explosion is only some very weak wind or they put this animation on wrong side, CME appear at 16 Aug. but on opposite side of Sun ..

Watch STEREO A and B from 14-18 August, no Sun explosion no CME Earth direction ..
Ahead COR 2
Behind COR 2

Hope someone explain my this, because I cant see that incoming CME ..

edit on 19-8-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
i dont quite see why it should hit or should have hit earth, because the animated diagramm is 2 dimensional. it seems the flare goes towards earth, but could approach in a different "height", so it misses earth by going underneath or above.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 PM
reply to post by icepack

This diagram is not two dimensional. The left one is top down, the middle one is tangential (I believe, could be wrong, I have the hardest time understanding the middle graph), but the far right graph is equitorial and it shows we are directly in the path of this 'wave'.

I dont see any tells in The XRay Flux though, so Im not sure what to make of the whole ordeal. Nothing being reported at spaceweather dot com. *shrugs*

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
The ENLIL stuff is a model used to create a forecast. It looks like that one was created on 8/16 (hence why the date is measuring time since 8/16). Forecasts can be wrong. If you look at the latest ENLIL density plot here, which looks like it was last updated as one 18:00 on 8/18, you'll see it doesn't show a CME in the historical or forecasted time periods.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:41 PM
I did find these graphics, which should help people visualize how those plots relate to 3-D space:

new topics

top topics