It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nfflhome

Originally posted by JennaDarling

I never liked the American / British system if punishment, especially the American, it is more based on revenge and bitterness and locking up in retiliation / or murdering them back with the death penalty.

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation, and getting those people not only to pay for their crime, but more focus on getting back to being a useful member of society and undetrstanding what they did was wrong, more of a long term solution than a simply lock em up. What does that solve? America and Britain has some of the HIGHEST and UNSAFEST places to live in the world, Europe, especially the Nordic countries, lowest crime and safest places to live in the world.

The guy they shot is dead, for ever. How are they going to pay him back? The woman or family he was going to kill in a few years are now going to be just fine. Rehabilitation is over rated. We have billions of people we dont need rehad. One chance at life and this punk took someone elses chance. In Texas we still belive in personal responseability. You murder you die.

So let's implement Sharia law already, you have the spirit of it in place in the punishment system today, so let's just go the full hog eh?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

No he didn't kill the guy, the 15 year old boy killed his stepfather. The 12 year old didn't do the killing, he's just doing the time.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Strictsum because: spelling

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That little punk knew what his friend was going to do for sure! come on now people. Keep both of them up and throw away the key.

link   

actual story, with information

heres a good link it has been posted a few times, but here it is again.

to sum up, 4 kids were involved, the 2 kids from the op waited for the dad to walk in to the livingroom when they each fired 2 shots, from different guns at the 15 year old's step dad.

then they got in the deceased's car and attemped to "run away" to arizona, evidently to "sell t-shirts to drug people"(per the article)

and apparently they had been planning it for weeks.

link   

Originally posted by Strictsum

No he didn't kill the guy, the 15 year old boy killed his stepfather. The 12 year old didn't do the killing, he's just doing the time.

See that's what I thought?

So why are people saying he's a murderer and that he should be killed and blah blah...

I see why Loam was pissed off now.... I thought there must be more to it.

edit on 19/8/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

your version of the events conflict with the statement made by the detective involved in the investigation

Kosciusko County Detective Jonathan Tyler has testified Lundy talked about his plan to kill Danner with several boys on a playground in their neighborhood on April 20. Lundy then went back to his home and got Danner's revolver and semi-automatic handgun. After Lundy gave a signal, Gingerich, and another 12-year-old boy came into the Lundy house. Tyler said Gingerich went into the home through Lundy's bedroom window and Lundy gave Gingerich the handgun. Tyler continued, saying Lundy and Gingerich then went into the living room and sat on the couch and a chair waiting for Danner to come to the doorway between the kitchen and living room. When Danner did, Tyler said both boys fired two shots.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarfbot

actual story, with information

heres a good link it has been posted a few times, but here it is again.

to sum up, 4 kids were involved, the 2 kids from the op waited for the dad to walk in to the livingroom when they each fired 2 shots, from different guns at the 15 year old's step dad.

then they got in the deceased's car and attemped to "run away" to arizona, evidently to "sell t-shirts to drug people"(per the article)

and apparently they had been planning it for weeks.

OK cheers.

So this 12 year old boy,Gingerich, DID in fact shoot the guy? According to that article?
Is this article what happened or just the other boys account of what happened?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

thats the account given to cbs by the investigation.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by snarfbot

Hmmmm

I don't really know what the deal is?
There's been no coverage of this in the UK... I guess we'll see what happens.

Cheers anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

Sharia Law, really? Look into it. You avatar says Jenna so I guess you a woman, I don't think you'll agree too much with Sharia law.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This is a really interesting thread...psychologists could use it in their studies.

edit on 19-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Sharia Law, really? Look into it. You avatar says Jenna so I guess you a woman, I don't think you'll agree too much with Sharia law.

She's being sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Well why not, you all want revenge as a punishment, you all want payback.

So chop off his arm already.

Eye for an eye right.

That is the mindset of the American punishment system, you don't want to rehabilitate and prevent future crime and make people useful to society, you just want to get BACK at them.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

What you've said lines up with a million other things that just make me think that there is no hope for society. Because I just know there are so many more with your way of thinking out there.

The kid is 12. People have to think back and remember how easily influenced you are when you're 12 years old. You have such an imagination and you think the world is still some kind of playground. Heck if my favourite wrestler razor ramone would have told me to shoot his nemesis I probably would have done it. This kid could be saved so easily. Or they can just leave him in jail and if he makes it till 42 he is going to be the most hardcore criminal when he gets out because jail life will be almost all he remembers.

Sick, just sick.
edit on 19-8-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Oh ok, sacasm ...I like that...carry on

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest
It's not anger, just a deep sense of justice. That little freak needs to learn.

I am a little confused about your stance on this. I'm one breath, you say you hope he gets the death penalty, then in the next you say he needs to learn. Those statements seem at odds with each other, as he isn't going to 'learn' anything in an electric chair, unless you are hoping he repents right before we kill him.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The 12-year-old reportedly closed his eyes and shot twice at the victim. One shot went through a window, the other through the victim's side. According to the article the 15-year-old shot the victim twice and those were the fatal shots, but I'm not sure how they determined that his were "fatal" while the 12-year-old's were not. Regardless, the 12-year-old did indeed shoot the victim with the intent to kill him. Regardless of whether his eyes were open or closed he clearly was aiming at the victim because he did hit him. Source Now I'm already on record here as saying that I think it's wrong that he is being treated as an adult, but there are implications in some posts that he's somehow innocent of a crime here and clearly that is not the case. He needs rehabilitation though, not incarceration in an adult prison.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420

What you've said lines up with a million other things that just make me think that there is no hope for society. Because I just know there are so many more with your way of thinking out there.

The kid is 12. People have to think back and remember how easily influenced you are when you're 12 years old. You have such an imagination and you think the world is still some kind of playground. Heck if my favourite wrestler razor ramone would have told me to shoot his nemesis I probably would have done it. This kid could be saved so easily. Or they can just leave him in jail and if he makes it till 42 he is going to be the most hardcore criminal when he gets out because jail life will be almost all he remembers.

Sick, just sick.
edit on 19-8-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

I know, I'm an absolutely horrid person for wanting these two MURDERERS to have to suffer. How dare I care so much about seeking justice for a recently widowed mother, maybe other kids who don't have a father to grow up with. I should really be ashamed of myself for thinking that crime should have a punishment. How dare I!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Justice is fine but this isn't justice, at least the way I see it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420

Justice is fine but this isn't justice, at least the way I see it.

Yes it is. 25 years in a cell, 5 years probation. An adult may have been given the death sentence. They got lucky, and should consider themselves grateful that they get to resume their lives at a reasonably young age. The victim of all this, lost his life.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join