It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by gabby2011

No. You metioned karma for someone that was ok with the sentence. Wiggle and squirm all you like, but you can't change what you said. The kid needs to pay for taking away another persons life from them. ~SheopleNation

edit on 20-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: typO

Yes..he does have to pay..but why does he have to pay more than adult for the same crime?

And I know what I said ..and what I meant..and apparently by what you said...you did not..

I have no need to wiggle and squirm out of anything..its there in black and white...what we both said..and you are the one who made the mistake of assuming what I meant..so its on you....

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i dont think he should have to pay like an adult for the crime

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverz
i dont think he should have to pay like an adult for the crime

If a kid does an 'adult' crime, as you put it, what does he learn by not being punished like an adult?

I would guess that any young criminal who has served time in any type of institutuion would tell you they won't screw up again because they can't stand the loss of freedom and thereby won't screw up again after serving time. IMHO

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Sad thing is, there are people who think the sentence is justified without even knowing the kid didnt do anything. Its just flabbergasting and mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matteroni

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
I'd like to agree with you, but I don't know anything about the case. His defense team isn't going to paint a target on him, they'll try to make the judge and jury sound ridiculous. What exactly was his role in all of this?

A 12 year old is far too young to be able to make good decisions, but on the other hand is old enough to know that murder is wrong. I already knew that at the age of 6, if not earlier. 12 seems extremely young, it is, but people forget that 12 year old kids have fairly high intelligence by that age.

30 years in prison isn't going to rehabilitate him. If anything, he'll graduate from criminal school with honors by the time he gets out. He'll likely be more dangerous later in life. Depending on what actually happened, I'd probably send him to psychiatric evaluation and keep him there for a few years just to make sure he's O.K. in the head.

Would you be OK in the head if you were 12 years old, taken AWAY from your family, put into some strange place away from all of your friends and your stuff, surrended by strangers who see you as a PATIENT? Would you not develop a complex thinking that since you are seen as a patient, that something is wrong with you? And all this... for years and to make sure hes OK in the head? That is so stupid, even if he was OK in the head he wouldn't be after all that....

Seeing as he was plotting murder with his friend, he wasn't alright in the head to begin with. I'd prefer that to being in jail for the next 30 years, and prefer it to having the boy being released into society, not knowing whether he's still a danger to society. Actions have consequences.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

If a kid does an 'adult' crime, as you put it, what does he learn by not being punished like an adult?

Crime is crime, there are no adult or children crimes. But for crime to be punishable, there needs to be responsibility, which requires awareness of consequences and sufficient level of mental development. Whether 12 year olds possess this level of development is up to debate.

If he learns that children or mentally retarded people should not be punished, I am fine with it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
I would guess that any young criminal who has served time in any type of institutuion would tell you they won't screw up again because they can't stand the loss of freedom and thereby won't screw up again after serving time. IMHO

I would guess that when they are that young, the 'institution' is all they know.

In fact, it is far more common that they will fear the outside...that they will likely never know how to survive in the real world. And for far too many of them, they will move on to greater more troubling crimes.

The 12 year old who is the subject of this thread committed a terrible act. There is no question. But there is also no question that as a society we are surely throwing him away by placing him in an adult prison. It will be an astronomical exception if in his 40s, when (if) he is released, he moves on to live a peaceful, productive life.

Because of his age, he will likely have a very difficult time, if he can survive the experience at all. In fact, I posted this previously. For his 15 year old friend-- for his safety-- they have to keep him separated and in solitary confinement, away from the adults. Look what is happening to him:

I’ve been hearing about the anguish being suffered by 15-year-old Colt Lundy now that he is in 23-hour-a-day solitary confinement at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility. The boy’s torture and mental deterioration have been like uninvited shade-like visitors at the door. I wish they would go away and leave me in peace.

The other night, Colt was so distraught that the only way he could be silenced is the prison authorities shot him up with drugs.

Link.

Chilling.... and disgraceful, imo.

What lessons can be learned about the value of human life, when the 'treatment' is nearly as bad (or worse) than the crime?

edit on 21-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Can't back-track now, It's obvious what you meant. You contradicted yourself. Don't blame me. Now can we forget about me exposing your hypocrisy and get back to the subject of the thread? No hard feelings. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't like the fact that he is in solitary at such a young age. I have to admit, that will surely mess this kid up. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Can't back-track now, It's obvious what you meant. You contradicted yourself. Don't blame me. Now can we forget about me exposing your hypocrisy and get back to the subject of the thread? No hard feelings. ~SheopleNation

Why do you lie so much.?? You make yourself look like more of an idiot every time you post. Anyone with half a brain who read my posts would see I did nothing of the sort. You seem to enjoy egging me on with your lil jibing posts...if that's what blows your hair back..have at it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

gabby, Why do you deny so much? Anyone can go back and see where you wished bad karma on the poster who was happy about the sentence that this kid got. It would be like you asking me why I lie so much because I said that the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West. I am not egging you on, I just call it how I see it. I said no hard feelings, but apparently you're upset about the fact that I exposed your liberal hypocrisy. I am sure that you're a nice person, So don't go away mad. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

gabby, Why do you deny so much? Anyone can go back and see where you wished bad karma on the poster who was happy about the sentence that this kid got. It would be like you asking me why I lie so much because I said that the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West. I am not egging you on, I just call it how I see it. I said no hard feelings, but apparently you're upset about the fact that I exposed your liberal hypocrisy. I am sure that you're a nice person, So don't go away mad. ~SheopleNation

ok..for the last time..I did not wish him bad karma..I said karma right back at ya..meaning that if someone he loves..that is that young..should ever be in such a situation....the same tough attitude may be used.

I think that is enough on this..we have derailed this thread enough with this nonsense. By the way...I'm not mad...
..and I'm not a hypocrite. You on the other hand..are a manipulator of words..and have been doing your best to make me mad. You must have issues..if trying to get a member upset turns your crank so much. Its pretty obvious that is what you've been endeavoring to accomplish with all these nonsense replies.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

gabby, I appreciate you finally admitting what you said. I have shown you respect. I am sorry that you think that I was trying to make you mad. The truth is, I can't make you do anything. Which means, You made yourself mad. Again, no hard feelings. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

gabby, I appreciate you finally admitting what you said. I have shown you respect. I am sorry that you think that I was trying to make you mad. The truth is, I can't make you do anything. Which means, You made yourself mad. Again, no hard feelings. ~SheopleNation

Respect??...
I rest my case...

(By the way my friend and I have had quite a chuckle from your posts ..he said it was obvious you are trying to bait me..and he sends the message to "get a life")

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If he really was your friend, he would tell you the truth.

~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It is sadly surprising at how many people on here are concerned about this 12-year-old nuisance and potential murderer than the people he is out to kill. Thereinlies our problem with the crime in this country.

He is someone's neighbor causing havoc on someone's block in someone's town. If it were you living near this young criminal, you would hopefully not want him free anytime soon to be a threat to you and your family and friends. If you do want him free to continue as he has, you're as big a problem to society as he is.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
It is sadly surprising at how many people on here are concerned about this 12-year-old nuisance and potential murderer than the people he is out to kill. Thereinlies our problem with the crime in this country.

He is someone's neighbor causing havoc on someone's block in someone's town. If it were you living near this young criminal, you would hopefully not want him free anytime soon to be a threat to you and your family and friends. If you do want him free to continue as he has, you're as big a problem to society as he is.

Young boys that age often make some very bad choices out of peer pressure. There are some very hardened criminals at the age of 12..true enough..but why is this 12 year old getting a tougher sentence than men three times his age for the same type of crime? Solitary confinement for a 12 year old for 30 years seems a little harsh..no?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Hello gabby! Just wondering something. If he is 12 years old, wouldn't he only be in solitary for 6 more years or less until he's 18? Just asking you because maybe you know more about this issue than I do. Either way, I don't like the idea of a 12 year old being kept in solitary. I don't understand why he can't be held somewhere else with those his own age, until he is atleast 18 years old? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You say he was causing havoc in the neighborhood. Does he have a past criminal history? I must have missed that. I assumed this was his first crime. I haven't seen where it said he was doing anything wrong before this tragic (tragic for the victim and everyone involved) event.

If he had a history of violence in school or out I would look at it a bit differently. I honestly think the kid should have been given 6 years. Maybe the 15 year old should have been given 30 years but not the 12 year old.

Nothing we say makes a difference anyway. There's still a man dead, and 2 children behind bars. This is the type of thing that I hate hearing about most. None of it needed to happen, it's all senseless and sad, very very sad.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Strictsum because: just because

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

You hope someone close to a poster gets killed? Isn't this against T&C? You have no right to say that and in fact it is against the law. I am suprised your comment is still up. You are really a terrible person - and you alerted ATS to the post where he says, "I hope your kids get arrested?" and your response is "I hope someone close to you is killed?" You suck majorly - I have never seen this threatening language here - I hope you get arrested for saying that or at least bothered by the police.

CJ

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join