It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-year-old boy jailed for 30 years

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Im sorry, your perfect are you??? I think you need to step back and read what you've written then maybe come down off your pompussness throne!

P.S. You have no right to judge anyone anymore than i or anyone else does!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Brokenbackrest

True, but why let these people bother you because they really aren't worth it. It seems to me the saying:

'Those who claim to know everything know nothing.
And those who claim to know nothing are hiding something!' Lol

seems to apply to this site, of couse thats just my opinion as a newbee who only joined it a couple of hours ago !!! Lol

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
How can he be tried as an adult if he is not adult yet? He cant vote, drink, enter legal contracts, consent to sex, but he can be tried as an adult. The obvious double standard is absurd.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

America and Britain has some of the HIGHEST and UNSAFEST places to live in the world, Europe, especially the Nordic countries, lowest crime and safest places to live in the world.

What a joke. What about Malmo, Sweden? The entire city is an Islamic ghetto and one of the most dangerous places in Europe for any white person. The authorities do nothing in the name of political correctness. What about the police that couldn't even protect the population in the Norwegian capital from a mass murderer with hundreds of bullets? The guards didn't even have guns.

I like alot about Europe but your post is pure spin.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Interesting a 12 year old gets 30 years but the man up the road from me got 7-10 years for 2 murders.....Indiana is out of control. Want to see a police state? Look at Indiana!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. I know being an accomplice to a crime is illegal, but having nothing to do with it? Its just....Infuriating beyond belief. It just shows the police state that America is turning into. Soon, even breathing in the wrong direction will be a crime.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Not even the soviet union did this

The former soviet union would have taken this little ass outside and shot him with no trial and no media access.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The American justice system is not perfect by any means, but is it to blame for most of the crazies shooting up everything? I really doubt it. We had the same justice system 60+ years ago, if not more cruel. Electric chairs, longer sentences, worse jail conditions.... Guess what, crime was 10 fold lower. I'm not talking raw numbers, I'm talking proportionally when comparing today's population with the population of back then.

The key to understanding what is wrong with our system, is analyzing just what changes we have gone through since then. Let's take a look shall we?

Top 5 changes IMO:

1. Diversity. Race tensions are at all time highs. Not to mention, some races commit more crime than others. As well as get discriminated against by the police officers. Although I think discrimination plays a much smaller role.
2. Illegal drugs. Oodles of new and very addictive and mind warping drugs have hit the streets in recent times.
3. Prescriptions. Oodles of new and very addictive and mind warping prescriptions have hit the homes in recent times.
4. Bigger cities. People tend to go a little haywire when you pack them in a sardine can, imagine that.
5. Communism. The US is getting mind raped by communist ideology. Don't take my word for it, research the communist manifesto yourself, and see if it applies to the US. Also visit these links: www.youtube.com... (former US presidential candidate summerizes 10 planks from Communist Manifesto and compares them to the US) www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PapaEmeritus

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
Interesting a 12 year old gets 30 years but the man up the road from me got 7-10 years for 2 murders.....Indiana is out of control. Want to see a police state? Look at Indiana!

I made a similar observation earlier in the thread:

The national median number of sentencing months for murder is 262 months. This 12 year old child got 360 months.

I have yet to see how anyone in this thread can justify this child should be treated as within the top half of the nation's murders?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Whether he did it, or planned it or not...the point that they are trying a 12 year old child as an adult is just rediculous, and downright criminal imo. How do you charge a 12 year old as an adult? Unbelievable.

Should he be jailed if he's guilty, yes; of course he should.

....and if he is indeed proven guilty I think a fair enough sentence would be to put him in a Juvi-jail rehabilitation setting till he's 18 years old.

I watch Discovery ID all the time, and I've seen countless cases where adults who are 18-60 years old (Real Adults) plan to kill someone and carry it out, and do 7-10 years in prison then are released on parole. Or sometimes straight up released. Most of the time these are people with money to pay for amazing laywers who can usually get the charges of 1st degree murder plead down to manslaughter.

Putting a 12 year old in jail for 30 years in an adult prison is just an abomination. Do they really think he's gonna come out a better person? Reformed? He's gonna be institutionalized, and a huge threat to himself and society.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
...is just an abomination.

Quoting this because.....well, just because.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Amerika, land of the free

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Wow,

Justice: Quality of being righteous. The law.

Revenge: The act of taking retaliation for injuries or wrongs.

They are to very separate things, an example if my wife is raped, attacked, killed, what ever you will, I will want Vengeance not Justice, I would hunt them down and kill them Slowly... and that is vengeance.

Now depending on what was done, say rape only, the court may only give the man a sentence of years not death.

This is an excessive punishment, and Ill admit I have democratic leanings, as well as conservative.

Its never black and white, and Labeling me a Lib to dismiss my argument is lame and shows holes in your own logic.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Human justice has nothing to do with righteousness. How will a non all-knowing judge judge righteously?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Use as many words, explanations, sources, opinions as you want.

What it boils down to is an absolute lack of compassion.

Compassion is not some sissy word or ideal - It is the key to stopping much of what is wrong with the world.

Compassion: Ability to step in the other person's shoes. Not empathy, which is simply recognizing emotions of others, but actually thinking what its like to live as that person.

One without compassion says this kid is a murderer. Slap the label on him, sentence him and lock him away.

Compassion is key.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brokenbackrest

Originally posted by JennaDarling

Wheras in European countries, especially Nordic Countries it is based more on Rehabilitation

Which is why we get things like the Norway shootings. Crime is crime, and a punishment must be harsh no matter how old the person is.

That's a cheap shot. The US has far more lone gunman types and blood-bath extravaganzas than anything you see in Norway, Sweden or Finland. I don't think you can point to the recent carnage in Oslo and say, "see how you're wrong!" It overlooks details such as, the shooter in Norway was not a criminal from the system and he was motivated by politics and ideology.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

This is what happens in a red state/TeaBag world. Thank your local conservative for this disaster.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Too many times we've seen horrendous acts commited by people who have a rap sheet starting at the age of a minor and continuing through the years... until they are finally locked up. Society shakes its confused head and wonders how the guy stayed out on the streets so long without being locked up. It all starts with opinions as expressed here... i.e., how dare society deal with a 12 year old that way?

Maybe prison isn't the answer for a 12 year old kid, but keep criminal kids off the streets - please! Today's 12 year old is nothing like old people were when they were 12 years old. It's a different world with different kids. The new 12-year-old is like the 21-year-old of the olden days. They are subjected to more crime and violence in society, on tv, in gaming, etc. Some of them are doing horrendous things and need not be on our streets.
edit on 20-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

No. You metioned karma for someone that was ok with the sentence. Wiggle and squirm all you like, but you can't change what you said. The kid needs to pay for taking away another persons life from them. ~SheopleNation

edit on 20-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: typO

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Wow,

Justice: Quality of being righteous. The law.

Revenge: The act of taking retaliation for injuries or wrongs.

Its never black and white, and Labeling me a Lib to dismiss my argument is lame and shows holes in your own logic.

Wrong. There is not one hole in my arguement. As I said before, Justice is revenge. Yes, Justice is NATURAL Law. Just as NATURAL Law is revenge. You're stuck on the law of the courts. I however am talking about a higher Law, which is Natural Law. Which = revenge, just as it = Justice. I don't recognize your progressive definition of Justice. Sure maybe you're not a liberal, but your opinion on this is.

I simply believe that revenge is righteous. People on the left tend to act as if revenge is some sort of bad thing. Actually, it's sweet. That's why they call it sweet revenge. I will say this, because of his age, I am glad he didn't get the death penalty. Usually, I believe in an eye for an eye for adults. We just have to agree to disagree on this one bro. ~SheopleNation

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join